Comments

• Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    That's really paranoid.

Really?

Lets take a look.

Adding dil cost to crafting (unreplicateable materials).
    Attaching dil cost to doff upgrinding.
    Same for basic doff recruitment.
    Mail attachment limit.
    Change from EDC-based STF rewards to reputation (pay for what you got for free earlier).
    Nerfing dil dailies (b'tran).
    Not adding most of dil dailies to Romulans.
    Setting excesive/unbalanced doff requirements for fleet projects (they withdrawn from requiring blue and purple doffs luckily, and set more reasonable requirements for tactical and medical doffs).
    Requiring purple Human boff candidates for fleet projects (bought with dil) (not anymore, luckily).

Some peeps may argue that getting mk xii stuff way back then was a matter of pure luck, but compare it to grinding to t5 rep on multiple toons. Getting full mk xii space khg took me 2 weeks spent in KASE - now its WAY longer. Plus you have to grind it for every toon...

Adding a ban-bot is just an icing on the cake...
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because they gave no warning of there intent to make changes to the tour last time I check I can't read minds so how was I to know I'd be buying a warp core what will be soon made a useless piece of tech

But, this applies to almost anything in the game. ANYTHING you buy now may become less useful later due to an unforseen change. Those MACO shields I bought are now less useful because they are incompatible with plasmodic leech. The amount of resources I spent on phaser consoles for my klingon are now wasted having found out after the fact that elite weapons on kdf side only come in disruptor. The EC I spent on purple neutronium consoles off the exchange are now wasted since they added in fleet versions of the console. The list goes on and on. Remember when EPS consoles were the high price items on the exchange back in season 2? They became basically useless after they made the change to how weapon power drain worked.

This is the nature of MMOs. The game is ever changing. There's always the chance that something useful one day, may not be so useful the next.
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are unforeseen changes and there foreseen and intentional changes that are kept from us for little other purpose than to make it worse on the players.

I spend 20mil+ on 4 fleet ship modules to buy a ship that too late i found out i can't, because my starbase won't be Tier V military for another two months, but i didn't blame anyone for that but myself (even if the shipyard tier warning was in really tiny letters; first time player, what can you do).

Some things are on me, some are no one's fault, and some are clearly someone's fault. Had that Tier V requirement been stealth added just before i'd gone to buy it, you bet i'd be pissed.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited July 2013
    Not cryptics fault you used earned resources that way. that was your own decision.

one day they will nerf some event you 'exploit' and then who's gonna come crying??? too bad you support their draconian changes.

:P
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    one day they will nerf some event you 'exploit' and then who's gonna come crying??? too bad you support their draconian changes.

:P

when did i say i support this change.:eek:

I hate the fact they do not tell us, and they went way to far in changing this. All they had to do was make the payout at the end of the race in one big lump. i really am not trying to tell people what to do and i am sorry if i am coming off that way, but all i was saying is Cryptic does not know or care how we spend out in-game money. People chose to spend resources on the race, and now that it is nerfed people are angry that they wasted time and resources. The same thing can be said of gear. the moment better gear is created, all that time you put into getting the old gear was a waste but we rarely hear of people yelling about that (well, not a lot anyway). We customers have no idea how and when they are going to change it so we put it toward what we think is best.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can all call me names judge me say I have a ego or whatever else but at least i supported the game (and got cool stuff for it) and I Don't cry when they fix a known exploit not here qqing because omg i actually have to play the game normally and cant make easy millions.

Whatever you want to think of me go ahead i said my piece as have a right to and it was clearly explained.

only aimed at those who make it a mission to play free and have given nothing of value back to PWE/Crptic

and do nothing but whine and complain about patches so called bugs (my game is fine i'm not sure what your playing.

I searched some of your posts people ...so much qq ,tantrums and negative comments

I and many others have contributed money into this game, so that point is mute. To play the game and make millions is by far one of the points to the game, after all what is the point of having a EC cap increase? Also to call it an exploit is just plain dumb, it's funny money nothing more nothing less, and to decrease the amount of funny money (In game money) simply hurts everyone. It means less sales of EC cap increases, it means less money to put into projects (fleet and reputation), it means less sales on exchange (like keys and ships). So where are they making it useful to prevent a currency that is nothing more than funny money? I for one bought that EC cap increase so I could actually make those millions and feel like I am rich even if it isn't nothing more than funny money. Now I feel like I got ripped off for getting it, and for me to spend any real money from time to time is dependent on how they treat myself and their F2P player's and what limitations they impose, so the more they limit myself and others the less if any I will spend. I like value for my real money and not nerfs, so for them to nerf a weak thing such as EC's or funny money only makes me feel like I lose some value for money, and works against them as to whether I spend any real money in the future.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, i will actually say they do care. If not where you spend your money, at the very east how you earn it.

They care so much that they went out of their way to quash what was for many players a primary source of income. If that doesn't show they care, i don't know what does.

Oh they care, alright.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I swear, Cryptic had better reverse this ASAP before the entire Exchange crashes. Truly, Cryptic's greed overrules their foresight.

too late, the exchanges are spiking, players are doing everything they can to compensate for the lost ec...nice going cryptic.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Originally Posted by kadatherion

I swear, Cryptic had better reverse this ASAP before the entire Exchange crashes. Truly, Cryptic's greed overrules their foresight.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11590541#post11590541

too late, the exchanges are spiking, players are doing everything they can to compensate for the lost ec...nice going cryptic.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    when did i say i support this change.:eek:

I hate the fact they do not tell us, and they went way to far in changing this. All they had to do was make the payout at the end of the race in one big lump. i really am not trying to tell people what to do and i am sorry if i am coming off that way, but all i was saying is Cryptic does not know or care how we spend out in-game money. People chose to spend resources on the race, and now that it is nerfed people are angry that they wasted time and resources. The same thing can be said of gear. the moment better gear is created, all that time you put into getting the old gear was a waste but we rarely hear of people yelling about that (well, not a lot anyway). We customers have no idea how and when they are going to change it so we put it toward what we think is best.
    Yeah, a lot of people seem to be forgetting that it's "just a computer game". :P

Seriously, you guys need to relax already....

lol@ the exchange spiking. Yeah, that won't last. If prices are too high people don't pay, then the prices go back down. Simple supply and demand.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Really?

Really.

You can't extrapolate from a bunch of changes to some sort of master plan to experiment on Western gamers.

Unless you're paranoid.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lol@ the exchange spiking. Yeah, that won't last. If prices are too high people don't pay, then the prices go back down. Simple supply and demand.

This ^

The idea that people, to make up the loss of income, will try raising the list price of stuff on the exchange is laughable. Just because you 'want' to sell something for a million EC doesn't mean that it will sell.

The overall effect of this change will actually be to reduce prices on the exchange. As less EC is being created, it will have the opposite effect of inflation. If this isn't enough to reduce inflation in the economy, the devs can always reduce other sources of EC generation.
    edited July 2013
    Originally Posted by kadatherion

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11590541#post11590541

What are you talking about? A 'crash' usually means that something is going DOWN in price or value. A 'spike' usually means that something is going UP quickly. Your contradictory statement really discredits your point of view.
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    The overall effect of this change will actually be to reduce prices on the exchange. As less EC is being created, it will have the opposite effect of inflation. If this isn't enough to reduce inflation in the economy, the devs can always reduce other sources of EC generation.

Actually, I don't think that's how the devs would go about it. They would be more likely to increase EC sinks, but either way, your point is valid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Actually, I don't think that's how the devs would go about it. They would be more likely to increase EC sinks, but either way, your point is valid.

I'd say it depends on the situation. If EC levels are too high in a general sense, they might increase sinks. But if the EC level is too high because a specific activity is awarding 10x more than others, then it makes more sense to reduce the source rather than to try to manage it by increasing EC sinks.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, a lot of people seem to be forgetting that it's "just a computer game". :P

Seriously, you guys need to relax already....
    1. I know this is a game
    2. I play this game for fun
    3. My favorite event for "fun" is tour - no joke, ask anyone in my fleet
    4. The event was nerfed so hard, they might as well have removed it entirely
    5. I am, consequently, not having fun
    6. To continue playing, I would like fun to return, and I have every intention of expressing my displeasure and have made suggestions for fixes earlier in the thread
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    What are you talking about? A 'crash' usually means that something is going DOWN in price or value. A 'spike' usually means that something is going UP quickly. Your contradictory statement really discredits your point of view.

if prices spike too high and no one buys, then the economy collapses, hence the 'crash' or did you not study the 1929 stock market debacle?
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can all call me names judge me say I have a ego or whatever else but at least i supported the game (and got cool stuff for it) and I Don't cry when they fix a known exploit not here qqing because omg i actually have to play the game normally and cant make easy millions.

Whatever you want to think of me go ahead i said my piece as have a right to and it was clearly explained.

only aimed at those who make it a mission to play free and have given nothing of value back to PWE/Crptic

and do nothing but whine and complain about patches so called bugs (my game is fine i'm not sure what your playing.

I searched some of your posts people ...so much qq ,tantrums and negative comments

Even those who themselves have not spent a penny on the game actually contribute to the companies coffers though it is a more indirect route.

All those people only buying Zen with dilithium provide a market which means people buy the Zen first to sell on. Now if they weren't buying Zen for dilithium then no one would be paying for the extra Zen in the first place. The same applies to keys for EC.

The only people who would fit your bolded and underlined part would be those who have never bought Zen for dilithium or keys for EC. Now given the need for storage and even unlocking the EC cap I would say they are in the minority. Then add to that the only way for a FED or Rommy to get a carrier ship is by Zen and you add more to the market.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    (...)
    The only people who would fit your bolded and underlined part would be those who have never bought Zen for dilithium or keys for EC. Now given the need for storage and even unlocking the EC cap I would say they are in the minority. Then add to that the only way for a FED or Rommy to get a carrier ship is by Zen and you add more to the market.

And even then, these people would no nothing wrong. This is a free to play game. That's the offer, they are free to play. Period. Otherwise it would be a pay to play game. It just stuns me that there are people offended by that or feel they are inclined to any form of special treatment because they spent their money on this game.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    And even then, these people would no nothing wrong. This is a free to play game. That's the offer, they are free to play. Period. Otherwise it would be a pay to play game. It just stuns me that there are people offended by that or feel they are inclined to any form of special treatment because they spent their money on this game.

I was just pointing out to that person that even those who make it a mission not to spend money themselves still contribute to the companies coffers. It is not as direct as his but they still do because without them there would be no market for extra Zen and so no one would buy it to sell and so the cash flow would be rather low. Therefore his high horse attitude is really a none starter.

It is more a freemium game than free to play. If it was the latter there would be no need to spend any cash what so ever for ingame things, however that is not the case. This isn't a complaint I knew it would be this way when I joined when the game first converted it is after all how the vast majority of "fee to play" games work some a more blatant about it and some are more subtle.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know, I just wanted to underline my statement I made previously, I should have made that more clear :) It wasn't meant as a direct response to your posting, I got what you were saying. My apologies for that misunderstandng :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tour the Universe should have a 10-12 minute cooldown from the moment you accept the mission. That way, it doesn't restrict people from running complete runs (no complete run would ever be that short), but it reduces the benefit from incomplete runs.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    el1mel1m Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    1. I know this is a game
    2. I play this game for fun
    3. My favorite event for "fun" is tour - no joke, ask anyone in my fleet
    4. The event was nerfed so hard, they might as well have removed it entirely
    5. I am, consequently, not having fun
    6. To continue playing, I would like fun to return, and I have every intention of expressing my displeasure and have made suggestions for fixes earlier in the thread

Exactly right. The game is for fun if our fun is taken away why should we not complain!
  • Options
    miroexinmiroexin Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dear all,

it is not nice to call other people parasites, to call them anything other than my fellow captains. Players who join a STF and do not participate or shoot at a gate because they are bored (they played it 1000 times), who would not heal you if their life depends on your wellbeing, who would not say hi on the start of a mission and not to mention to ask if you are new to help and guide you. Start a post about that kind of people.

First I could not read more than page 3 because I find some of your comments as insults.

I started to play STO for free because it was free. I was surprised how the game is big, good and beautiful. One day when I wanted to login I saw a lifetime subscription offer for 200$.
    I am a lucky one as I can afford me 200$ to buy it, support Criptic a little and acknowledge their work.
    There are a lot of star trek fans who are not so lucky and I am also glad that they can play.

The only exploit is exchange as people sell things for millions of ec for what?

One way I was earning EC was the tour. But I did not get fancy ships I bought my character new equipment, doffs, new consoles, provisions, self-sealing bolts, consumables ect. for my ship, my fleet and new members who did not have 1 or 2 million EC and could not afford better mk xii when they reached VA.

I did play the short tour and I grinded to equip myself for that too. I got a borg impulse engine, transwarp cool down doff, even yesterday got DI to give it to other players so that they are able to make a round or two more to earn enough faster for a new console for a better doff as this things cost astronomically.

I am a working man and if I managed to make the tour 3 times per week (but mostly Saturdays at 8 am) I was really LUCKY because it would mean that I don't have to think if I could afford myself weapons batteries on Friday six days later.

One tactical console very rare mk xii 30 million on exchange. One of my tours till now would get me 2 million (if someone gave me DI) and if I would not spend a credit of it and let's say I am lucky and manage to play twice per week I would need 2 months for 1 console and my ship has 4.

And I won't even to start to calculate the armors, doffs and the new warp core, my fleet that needs stuff I have to buy for ec and so on.

I really don't know how many tours in one week there is, but how many people are able to play them all? And if they do I would ask myself what's wrong with them.

Exploit, parasites?!?

BR,

Miro
    After 21 crafting assignments and burning 1575 dil to bypass 2h building time to build MK II dual cannon I got:
    0, yes zero very rare AP MK II dual canons
    p.s. I will execute my rare Jam’hadar who is serving under me for 1,5 years for incompetence it’s just a MK II dual canon, he is Energy Weapons Officer not a Doctor.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I know, I just wanted to underline my statement I made previously, I should have made that more clear :) It wasn't meant as a direct response to your posting, I got what you were saying. My apologies for that misunderstandng :)

My bad I misread your post, I had not long woke up and was only on my second cuppa so not yet fully concious.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    el1m wrote: »
    Exactly right. The game is for fun if our fun is taken away why should we not complain!

The cynical answer would be that for all the good it does, you could be rearranging your sock drawer, and it would have been a better use of your time. I honestly have zero faith that anything said in here will have affected the people in charge in the slightest, especially after the dismissive manner in which our complaints were brushed aside.

That said, though, i'm just not smart enough to act accordingly. And maybe it's healthy to be just a little stupid, who knows.
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    el1m wrote: »

This is what I think the whole point of this thread is I had fun on the tour it was not just about EC it was a nice way to break up the game from almost no stop battles and yeah I do know that there are other noncombat missions like dill mining and the meterphasic event ect ect but they don't last that long and 1 hour of picking up samples is dam right dull and not in the last challenging.

And I'm very awear of the game being open to change but such a big change to a well love event without any regard for how it would upset the game as a community is just the wrong way to go about things not to say how much EC,dill & fleet credits have been used to outfit our ships to compete in the tour
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chainfall wrote: »
    I'm glad it was a stealth fix to the STO Federal Reserve Bank and its ridiculous money printing. Maybe now the economy can be fixed.

Only way for the economy to be fixed by this is if they were to remove 2-3 zeros at the end of the price cap in the exchange as well.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mattachine wrote: »
    Only way for the economy to be fixed by this is if they were to remove 2-3 zeros at the end of the price cap in the exchange as well.

There's one way you can force that to happen: Don't buy from the exchange until prices crash. Exchange price gougers think like manipulators; they claim they regulate their price according to supply and demand. You really want to test if it's true? You can call their bluff. Don't buy anything from the exchange and see if prices drop. My intuition is that they'll sooner trash their items in rage than sell for less or hoard them until they can sell for top bullion again. Regardless, if you want to convert the exchange from a seller's market to a buyer's market, regular players need to think like manipulists as well.
  • Options
    maximgorkiymaximgorkiy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kblargh wrote: »
    The cynical answer would be that for all the good it does, you could be rearranging your sock drawer, and it would have been a better use of your time. I honestly have zero faith that anything said in here will have affected the people in charge in the slightest, especially after the dismissive manner in which our complaints were brushed aside.

That said, though, i'm just not smart enough to act accordingly. And maybe it's healthy to be just a little stupid, who knows.

To el1m and sneyeper:

and now you just still never play the game ????
    PC-Info
    MB: MSI MPG X570 GP 2.0
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Mem: Samsung DDR4 -2132 8GB (x2)
    Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    System: Micrsft. Windows 10 Pro v.21H2
This discussion has been closed.