stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "It's working as intended" - Cryptic Studios
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    senselocke wrote: »
    Pathetic part is if you have enough Lvl 50 characters, each with Borg engines and high DC, you can still do the partial with each one and make the same amount of money.

But Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party are impossible to get now. I used to pick them up on low-level alts to access KDF Exploration Clusters, now no one's around to grant either.

What do you mean "get rid of the hourly event calendar"? Is that going away?

Is there another non-combat chill-and-relaxing way to earn EC? Because getting 1st in certain PvE queues is tedious (get carrier, use Grav Well + Torp Spam, hope someone else isn't doing the same, hope to get good loot, repeat) and Exchange-grinding Doffs sounds like the worst kind of job ever.

I've been playing the game a lot in the last month--I've earned a whopping total of 6 mil EC. Meaning... well, I'll simply never buy anything amazing with EC again.
    Make a ton of KDF characters and farm contraband. I bring in 3-5m at least every couple of days with just 3 characters. Even more if I get a lot of critical successes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Make a ton of KDF characters and farm contraband. I bring in 3-5m at least every couple of days with just 3 characters. Even more if I get a lot of critical successes.

Contraband is selling now around 40K so I don't see how you can make 3-5 millions every couple of day
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Contraband is selling now around 40K so I don't see how you can make 3-5 millions every couple of day

Making 3-5 million every couple of days is super easy even on the Fed side (not with contraband of course).
  • Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Making 3-5 million every couple of days is super easy even on the Fed side (not with contraband of course).

...how? No, seriously, how?

The only other alternative I've found is "Play PvEs, get 1st, hope to get good loot, sell good loot". Which means you are directly competing with 5/10/20 other people.

Another option was playing the Doff Exchange, which... really has no appeal for me, and is not "playing" as I see it.

What are the alternatives? I sincerely don't know them. It would be nice to get the $$ for Keys, as I'm just short of upgrading my Jem'Hadar set and I'd rather save my Zen for something cool.

If you have links or ideas, I'd love to learn them!

===post above is by senselocke===

EDIT: This thread is pretty old now. If you'd like to continue discussing this event, please start a new thread in this subforum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122 -Brandon
This discussion has been closed.