test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe cooldown change -- 4 hour cooldown added *now in patch notes*

prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Post edited by prophecythirteen on

Comments

• Options
    eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WOW

Cryptic included a STEALTH NERF in the patch

Tour the Galaxy now has a 4 hour cooldown upon acceptance.

Way to Go......
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Can the mod kindly move this to the General Discussion forum?
    i cannot seem to delete this thread so as to recreate it in the general discussion forum..
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's right. I just ran Tour the Universe and got a 4 hour cooldown.

Didn't notice anything in patch notes.

Seriously ... of all the things to nerf!
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Found this out just now after only the first lap. Check it out.

I certainly hope this is a bug from today's patch and not another Craptic stealth nerf.

That is all.
  • Options
    maximgorkiymaximgorkiy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but why????? :confused:
    not that we make a lot of credit, it fits you? what have you against it? what do you think you still made ​​to annoy the player? :cool:

...Maxim - a very angry, annoyed player :mad:
    PC-Info
    MB: MSI MPG X570 GP 2.0
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Mem: Samsung DDR4 -2132 8GB (x2)
    Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    System: Micrsft. Windows 10 Pro v.21H2
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I also wish to add my voice to this complaint thread

this was not DOCUMENTED anywhere in the Patch notes.

This is definitely a STEALTH NERF.

It would have been somewhat palatable if it was stated in the patch notes but noooooo...
  • Options
    walterofbishopwalterofbishop Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep - I can confirm the cooldown. Attempted to do a quick boost for energy credits and was dismayed to find I could not.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    That's right. I just ran Tour the Universe and got a 4 hour cooldown.

Didn't notice anything in patch notes.

Seriously ... of all the things to nerf!

Aye, aye. Captain. I already reported it as a bug.

Because, you know, it HAS GOT TO BE A BUG from today's patch. Right, Craptic? It's a bug, isn't it? You couldn't possibly have slipped your player base another stupid stealth nerf, right? RIGHT??

Oh, wait... That cooldown didn't get there by accident. Some dev put it there. It was probably meant to be four minutes and a typo made it four hours. So it IS a stealth nerf.

Lovely.
  • Options
    kadatherionkadatherion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I swear, Cryptic had better reverse this ASAP before the entire Exchange crashes. Truly, Cryptic's greed overrules their foresight.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're supposed ot do the entire tour silly people. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gotta keep those players tied down and broke, huh.

Guess i'll just go back to--- wait, i better not say anything, lest you people feel like nerfing that too.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't see it as a nerf... You can easily go and actually complete the mission like you're supposed to.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *facepalm*

ENOUGH WITH THE STEALTH NERFS FFS
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic's Evil Plan:

1. Stealth nerf slipstream between sectors
    2. Stealth add a cooldown to running Tour

Seriously - why?
  • Options
    kadatherionkadatherion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're supposed ot do the entire tour silly people. :P

Unless Cryptic is willing to raise the EC rewards to levels comparable to running and dropping tours, this is going to play hell with the economy. TotU was the only reliable source of EC, and now it's gone. It seems to me that the only way now is by buying keys from the Z-store. :|
  • Options
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, no sense playing a game like you can do anything other than what you're supposed to. Especially when you can draw some benefit from it. No, we wouldn't want that, now would we.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Alright, time for a stealth nerf hunt.

Examine every aspect of the game that benefits players and investigate! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unless Cryptic is willing to raise the EC rewards to levels comparable to running and dropping tours, this is going to play hell with the economy. TotU was the only reliable source of EC, and now it's gone. It seems to me that the only way now is by buying keys from the Z-store. :|

Really??? I can pick up a quarter of a mil in ECs from SB 24 drops without even trying...

ECs are are so easy to get its not even worth talking about. And if you looked at prices on the Exchange, you can even argue that there is too much ECs floating around in the STO Economy...
  • Options
    megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, someone S*** the bed with this patch, most of us relied on Tour to make a fair amount of EC in a timely fashion. I myself was making 3.2 mil EC/hr. You do realize that this will cause a recession in the games markets right? I'd honestly like to see an official statement from PWE. Justify this "Microsoft X-box One" TRIBBLE up please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why on Earth has this happened, and why was it not documented? This is a big hit to some players' daily grinds.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Alright, time for a stealth nerf hunt.

Examine every aspect of the game that benefits players and investigate! :rolleyes:

While tour the universe changes doesn't affect me since I don't bother running it, I do see the frustration resulting because of the changes.

That said, if it helps the players it is obviously broken. Said it before, and I'll say it again.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kobayashi Maru
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Adding my voice to the list of people annoyed by this stealth nerf. Well saying you didn't advertise the change because you knew it wouldn't get a warm reception. The amount of EC needed in this game on a daily basis these days is so damn high and you have now removed three legitimate sources of EC in the space of a month. Not impressed at all.
    I don't see it as a nerf... You can easily go and actually complete the mission like you're supposed to.

What about those of us who legitimately completed it more than once during the hour run using Borg engines and a shiny new warp core to reduce the QSD cool down?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

I've inquired about this change -- I'll reply again once I have an update.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really Cryptic?? Id love to hear why you felt it was necessary to nerf the ONE WAY new players and even old players in need of fast easy credits ??? There is no reason for it other than your way of flipping off your player base.

This was just one really stupid stunt.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I run it as a way to relax. I help lead a large fleet, and the Tour is the time I take a break from everything, relax, do some doffing, and make some ec. I am not happy about this at all.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What motivation do players have to make their super-fast ship anymore?

This is a very unfortunate change and the silent way it was implemented was underhanded.

What legitimate reason is there for a cooldown on this?

There is only one I can think of...recently there's been a bug where the quest would not complete at the end of the second run, I was affected by it. Perhaps it's a stopgap solution?

Edit: Thanks, Brandon!
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Adding my voice to the list of people annoyed by this stealth nerf. Well saying you didn't advertise the change because you knew it wouldn't get a warm reception. The amount of EC needed in this game on a daily basis these days is so damn high and you have now removed three legitimate sources of EC in the space of a month. Not impressed at all.

What about those of us who legitimately completed it more than once during the hour run using Borg engines and a shiny new warp core to reduce the QSD cool down?

Other than this what are the other two sources?
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I only play tactical characters, but bought a Vesta for Tour. I consider this a Vesta nerf too.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

I've inquired about this change -- I'll reply again once I have an update.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm looking forward to hearing the answer to this one. I'm surprised that usually response has been given yet.

Brandon, while you're asking about the Tour event. Can we get some feedback as to why fleet marks were removed from Nukara?

Both of these incidents are very disconcerting.
This discussion has been closed.