Options

StarTrek.com Exclusive Announcement

Comments

• Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    NICE.

In command of Voyager eh? Last I remember, it was turned into a museum. This is a new Voyager I take it? Or is this covered in the upcoming episode?

That was before Janeway went back in time to alter the timeline by giving aid to her younger self. Voyager may never have been turned into a museum then since it didn't take half a century to get home. The ship would still be state of the art at the time they made it back.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Very nice. I always knew Tim Russ would be willing to lend his voice since he has such a love for the character and the series.

It would be nice if you could include some content from Renegades down the line too. I think you've opened that door just by getting Tim Russ involved.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does that mean Voyager Interior/Bundle?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/720x405q90/853/rr59.jpg
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does this mean everyone will be getting a modified voyager for the anniversary event? hmm...
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All these suggestions of "people we'd also like to see" yet no suggestion of Kate Mulgrew? Whether you like Janeway or not she's got a fun voice and her work as Flemeth in Dragon Age was pretty darn great.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    TUVOK!!!!

He was one the only character from Voyager that is tolerable and likeable. This is indeed a treat.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,046 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great interview Brandon, nicely done. But instead of you asking the questions, here's one for you to answer.

Over the years you have met, not neccessarily interviewed some of the great iconic ST actors. But who out of those you have already met, but not yet interviewed would you like to interview?

Keep up the fantasic work.
  • Options
    tardis70tardis70 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is great to have Tuvok in STO. cant wait to see the story/stories he will be in. I hope that he was Voyager - A in the game and leave Voyager as a museum.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Does that mean Voyager Interior/Bundle?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/720x405q90/853/rr59.jpg

That bridge is from the "Intrepid Variants" bridge pack on the C-Store.

They should have used the Bridge "Delta" it is the closest we have to an accurate Intrepid class bridge.
  • Options
    champion1701champion1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If Tuvok is now in command of Voyager, what happened to Chakotay and Tom Paris?

tuskin67 wrote: »

They should have used the Bridge "Delta" it is the closest we have to an accurate Intrepid class bridge.

Hopefully we get an accurate Intrepid bridge...
    =/\= Commodore Champion1701 =/\=

=/\=USS Lindsey Stirling =/\= NCC-116747 =/\=

=/\= Liberty Task Force =/\= Diplomatic Advisor =/\=
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great news! An iconic character for each faction in game: Sela for Romulans , Worf for Klingons and now Tuvok for the Federation.

But I still hope in Jeffrey Combs as Weyoun X (Brunt) or Armin Shimerman as Quark (we all know that Quark is secret owner of PWE :)) as a quest giver in DS9.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well that's just top.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »

I didn't know that. The Intrepid bridges in STO are so ugly I would never consider spending any money on their C-Store variants.

If so, then I think it's a wasted opportunity. People have been asking for Voyager interior for a long time and having both Voyager and Tuvok in the game would be a great opportunity to add some kind of Voyager Bundle, similar to Belfast or TOS Bundles.

Still, perhaps we're up for a surprise. I certainly wouldn't mind a new bridge and ship interior added to the C-Store.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is amazing, I cannot wait for this, Tim Russ is great, and it's good to have another actor from the series in the game, gives it more credibility. I'll be doing a full let's play video on the new mission and anniversary stuff when it comes out, on my channel.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does this mean that the Intrepid-class ship model might get an update?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    Great news! An iconic character for each faction in game: Sela for Romulans , Worf for Klingons and now Tuvok for the Federation.

Yay:D can he replace admiral T'nae?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Chakotay is deputy director in Starfleet intelligence in STO.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Wow, hearing the in-game music all through the video is as annoying as giving the winter event NPCs voices.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rheatitan wrote: »
    Yay:D can he replace admiral T'nae?

Worf??? :-D
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be nice since this is the year of "Voyager", if they'd do a Voyager interior pack this year. I'd certainly buy it!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Hopefully we get an accurate Intrepid bridge...
    Chakotay's head of Starfleet Intelligence. Tom Paris is somewhere, probably with B'ellana Torres.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Awesome news, I'm looking forward to this.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, as long as the directing was well done, that VO should be enjoyable to listen to.

Tuvok wouldn't be my first pick as far as VOY characters go (that's clearly the EMH/ECH by Robert Picardo), but he comes right after.

So I'm looking forward to the Anniversary event and whatever comes next.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cool stuff.

lets throw nice tim russ love out there. here is some cool links :)

http://startrekrenegades.com

https://www.facebook.com/STRtheSeries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgRJWBB12GA
  • Options
    ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm just reminded of something Stahl once said years ago...the cost of getting a trek actor to come in and read some lines could pay a dev for a year. Seems our priorities are out of whack.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm just reminded of something Stahl once said years ago...the cost of getting a trek actor to come in and read some lines could pay a dev for a year. Seems our priorities are out of whack.

I would not be shocked if he was a lot cheaper than dorn. because he wants to promote star trek renegades as much as possible so cbs takes it more seriously. personally I think tuvok was a smart move by cryptic.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think that was the high end... I don't think we're going to get those...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG, Tim Russ. You can't be serious. Another Vulcan. And his comment during the interview. "Voice Acting is difficult, coz you have to put your emotions into the acting" He is Vulcan, plays Vulcan and Vulcans don't show their emotions. I would have opted for Torres, Chakotay, even a Tom Paris or the one that everyone seems to hate, but has the biggest knowledge of the Delta Quadrant, Neelix. He was the guide for the crew of Voyager and the first Federal Ambassador in this quadrant. Would have loved to be him as our guide. :)
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    OMG, Tim Russ. You can't be serious. Another Vulcan. And his comment during the interview. "Voice Acting is difficult, coz you have to put your emotions into the acting" He is Vulcan, plays Vulcan and Vulcans don't show their emotions. I would have opted for Torres, Chakotay, even a Tom Paris or the one that everyone seems to hate, but has the biggest knowledge of the Delta Quadrant, Neelix. He was the guide for the crew of Voyager and the first Federal Ambassador in this quadrant. Would have loved to be him as our guide. :)

thats the point...
    it is much more difficult make a character without emotions than one who have...the motive is quite simple... HUMANS HAVE EMOTIONS so do actors who to are humans...
    you need to be a hell of a actor to do this roles...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fantastic!

Nice to see another great actor joining Star Trek Online.
    Thanks Cryptic for getting him ingame.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"