What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfish1 Romulan Ship Chart

starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Ten Forward
[EDIT]

Updated to version 3.22 (12/09/2014)
starfish1.co.uk/chart3.jpg

(See above dated post for details of the changes)

A few points to note:

I have changed the appearance of the BOFF ranks to reflect the traditional pins seen in use by the main two factions. I think it makes it better to compare the Romulan ships side by side with the Klingon and Federation equivalents.

The images of the consoles are placeholders I have made until I can get the proper ones. It didn't seem right to just leave blank spaces. I really enjoyed making all those little console images, in fact it was my favourite part of making the whole chart.

Link to my 'Using Ship Charts' video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhoz4uaFZyE

Link to the Federation chart thread
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6643831#post6643831

Link to the Klingon chart thread
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9591911#post9591911

Kind regards,
Starfish1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• armedbushidoarmedbushido Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As always great work!!!

/salute

P.S. Please sticky these someone...
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seeeexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Europeans do it best :D

by the way, I can open it without problems in the windows photo viewer:P
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love it, but you forgot the Tuffl

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • yulianhuayulianhua Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Outstanding! I love charts like these!

One little nit-pick, though: The Ha'apax, Ha'nom, Ha'feh, classes (and their mirror counterparts) are for Subadmiral I and above, rather than "Subcommader" [sic] :eek: listed, and those listed for Subadmiral -- the retrofit classes -- are for Vice Admiral (as well as all fleet ships).

(I hope they change the names of "Subadmiral I" and "Subadmiral II" before release, but I'm not holding my breath on that.)
  • doxic1doxic1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It looks pretty handy! Thanks for posting it. :D
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the comments and corrections. Very much appreciated. :D

Chart updated to version 1.1
    http://www.starfish1.co.uk/chart3.jpg

Correction to rank names
    Addition of Tuffli freighter
    Mirror ships updated with new acquisition details

Many thanks again,
    Starfish1 :)
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice, and faster than I expected. :)

However, one smallish mistake: T'Varo retrofit and Fleet T'Varo retrofit not only have battlecloak, but the Enhanced battle cloak.

And I believe the Haakona should have same turn as the Ha'apax, 5.5, not 'only' 5.

As already mentioned, C-Store Tier 5 retrofit are Vice Admiral rank, those below (including lockbox/lobi ships) Subadmiral (I and II

EDIT: Oh, and the console images are really neat for the most part.

EDIT 2:
    The D'ridthau is being corrected to 2 consoles tac, 2 sci and 4 eng. Was apparently a mistake on Tribble.
    The Mirror Ha'apax has correctly 2 tac, 3 sci and 4 eng console slots, as has also been corrected in the emergency maintenance.

And what exactly do you mean by the curved signs in place of one weapon slot of the Tiercel and Kestrel shuttle? They have 2 front weapon slots as any other shuttle.

EDIT 3: Really sorry for all the edits, now I'll rather stop looking at the chart. :o

The Mirror Ha'nom and Ha'feh aren't dropping from the current Tal Shiar box. In addition to the older boxes they come from, they'll probably be reintroduced in a future lockbox (along with mirror FED sci ships and Mirror Qins, again).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited May 2013
    Updated to version 2.1

Addition of Tal Shiar lock box Cruiser and Destroyer
    Correction to Mirror Ha'nom and Ha'feh acquisition details
    Correction to Mirror Ha'apax stats
    Removal of 360 firing arc icons on Romulan shuttles (I was trying to be clever, but it looked wrong)
    Correction to Haakona turn rate
    Updated Retro and Fleet T'varo to state 'Enhanced Battle Cloak'

Also corrected the Mirror Ha'feh BOFF Sci Ensign to Eng Ensign as per in game text on the lock box description (I've changed it, but it looks wrong to me so if someone who has the vessel can actually confirm, it would be appreciated).

toiva wrote: »
    Very nice, and faster than I expected. :)

However, one smallish mistake: T'Varo retrofit and Fleet T'Varo retrofit not only have battlecloak, but the Enhanced battle cloak.

And I believe the Haakona should have same turn as the Ha'apax, 5.5, not 'only' 5.

As already mentioned, C-Store Tier 5 retrofit are Vice Admiral rank, those below (including lockbox/lobi ships) Subadmiral (I and II

EDIT: Oh, and the console images are really neat for the most part.

EDIT 2:
    The D'ridthau is being corrected to 2 consoles tac, 2 sci and 4 eng. Was apparently a mistake on Tribble.
    The Mirror Ha'apax has correctly 2 tac, 3 sci and 4 eng console slots, as has also been corrected in the emergency maintenance.

And what exactly do you mean by the curved signs in place of one weapon slot of the Tiercel and Kestrel shuttle? They have 2 front weapon slots as any other shuttle.

EDIT 3: Really sorry for all the edits, now I'll rather stop looking at the chart. :o

The Mirror Ha'nom and Ha'feh aren't dropping from the current Tal Shiar box. In addition to the older boxes they come from, they'll probably be reintroduced in a future lockbox (along with mirror FED sci ships and Mirror Qins, again).

Really sorry for the edits? Why? They are very helpful.

The D'ridthau on the C-Store is still stating that third tac console. I hope it's not a mistake. I want to buy that vessel. :D

Many thanks again.
    edited May 2013
    Removal of 360 firing arc icons on Romulan shuttles (I was trying to be clever, but it looked wrong)
    Ah, I had a feeling that might be it, but it's not the slot that would permit the 360 degree arc. If you put there a normal Beam array, it will only have a 250 degree arc.

Merely the special "-S" (for shuttle) branded beams have 360 degree arc.
    Also corrected the Mirror Ha'feh BOFF Sci Ensign to Eng Ensign as per in game text on the lock box description (I've changed it, but it looks wrong to me so if someone who has the vessel can actually confirm, it would be appreciated).

As per Bran, (and logic, given that with ens eng, it's the same as normal Ha'feh), the ensign should indeed be a sci.
    See here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10114561&postcount=70
    (NOTE: The Ha'apax in the post is also the Mirror one, see second link for proof.)
    The D'ridthau on the C-Store is still stating that third tac console. I hope it's not a mistake. I want to buy that vessel. :D

Here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693191
    Sorry to disappoint, Tier 4 C-Store ships only have 8 console slots, even if it kept 3 tac slots, it would loose another one. Btw, why would you need a specific layout on a Tier 4 ship? You want to fly it at endgame? (Nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't get in Elite STFs. :P )
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

edited May 2013
    Ah, I had a feeling that might be it, but it's not the slot that would permit the 360 degree arc. If you put there a normal Beam array, it will only have a 250 degree arc.

Merely the special "-S" (for shuttle) branded beams have 360 degree arc.

As per Bran, (and logic, given that with ens eng, it's the same as normal Ha'feh), the ensign should indeed be a sci.
    See here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10114561&postcount=70
    (NOTE: The Ha'apax in the post is also the Mirror one, see second link for proof.)

Here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693191
    Sorry to disappoint, Tier 4 C-Store ships only have 8 console slots, even if it kept 3 tac slots, it would loose another one. Btw, why would you need a specific layout on a Tier 4 ship? You want to fly it at endgame? (Nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't get in Elite STFs. :P )

Fantastic. Thanks for that. Very much appreciated. I had missed those updates. I was making the mistake of thinking the C-Store and in game descriptions were up to date.

Probably because they should be. :rolleyes:

I hope they honour the loadouts they advertised as people buy them on the C-Store, even if it is only a Tier 4 ship.

Many thanks again for your time. Cryptic should employ you to help keep their in game and store information up to date. ;)
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is a thing of beauty it is. Downloaded!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    That is a thing of beauty it is. Downloaded!

Thank you. I enjoyed making it.

Bear in mind there will be regular updates over the next week or two as I iron out the errors to make it as accurate as possible.

Hope it's still of use in the meantime, and thanks again. :)
    edited May 2013
    Fantastic. Thanks for that. Very much appreciated. I had missed those updates. I was making the mistake of thinking the C-Store and in game descriptions were up to date.

Probably because they should be. :rolleyes:

I hope they honour the loadouts they advertised as people buy them on the C-Store, even if it is only a Tier 4 ship.

Many thanks again for your time. Cryptic should employ you to help keep their in game and store information up to date. ;)

Well, I posted a couple bug reports (there's a number of mistakes in the C-Store descriptions, I even found some in the ship store), but the only thing that got corrected to date was the shield mod of the Phalanx (was a "fleet" 1.32 instead of normal Gorn ships' 1.2).

And for the time being, I don't hazard a guess on what exactly the layouts of Fleet Ha'... warbirds look like. Some were shown universal boffs, some weren't... The ship stats blog was inconsistent with the ship store...

EDIT: If I remember right, the Mogai variants have an inertia of 60.

edited May 2013
    Updated to version 1.3

D'ridthau console arrangement updated
    Mirror Ha'feh BOFF slots corrected (my bad)
    Added inertia rating to Heavy Warbirds
    Updated images of Ha'apax, Ha'nom and Ha'feh as per updates in ship selector

Many thanks,
    Starfish1
    edited May 2013
    Updated to version 1.3

D'ridthau console arrangement updated
    Mirror Ha'feh BOFF slots corrected (my bad)
    Added inertia rating to Heavy Warbirds
    Updated images of Ha'apax, Ha'nom and Ha'feh as per updates in ship selector

Many thanks,
    Starfish1

Don't they look much better now, the new Ha'... skins? :D

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome Starfish!

Still hard to use as a screensaver with the vertical format thou. :D
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hereby nominate starfish1701 as the new "spidermitch", keeper and guardian of the ship progression charts, foreman of the shipyard, and distributor of knowledge.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
    edited May 2013
    Don't they look much better now, the new Ha'... skins? :D

Yes they do. It's amazing what difference a new skin can make to a vessel.

I suspect there are special skins for their mirror versions which I hope to update as and when I can get them (probably on Tribble). I am hoping they will be equally as awesome. :)

Awesome Starfish!

Still hard to use as a screensaver with the vertical format thou. :D

I know, I know. I was just looking at 'screensaver makers' a moment ago. I have to update the Fed chart and finish off the KDF chart first, but I might make something like a screensaver that can be uploaded from my website. It's just an idea.

a3001 wrote: »
    I hereby nominate starfish1701 as the new "spidermitch", keeper and guardian of the ship progression charts, foreman of the shipyard, and distributor of knowledge.

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, but Spidermitch was a true artist, and I hope he will return one day. His work was (and still is) absolutely amazing.

There is also patamarkans web app http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=622821

And don't forget Suricata, who I also hope will one day continue his work http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289151&highlight=suricata

Also the in-game ship selector is really quite good, and I can see them creating a new interface for it one day that will negate the need for these charts altogether.

But like I say, thanks for the compliment though a3001, it really is appreciated.
    edited May 2013
    Also the in-game ship selector is really quite good, and I can see them creating a new interface for it one day that will negate the need for these charts altogether.

No.

You need to be in the game, and at a specific location to see the ship store (I think that's what you mean). That's not the case for any of the charts you mention. You can use them without STO, without Internet connection.

That's why I'm very thankful to You, patarmarkan, Spidermitch, Suricatta and even the person who created the "size comparison charts" (sorry, can't find the thread now).

EDIT: I just came across a discussion about D'Deridex' inertia. I checked in game, it's 30, unlike the 15 in the chart.

edited May 2013
    No.

You need to be in the game, and at a specific location to see the ship store (I think that's what you mean). That's not the case for any of the charts you mention. You can use them without STO, without Internet connection.

That's why I'm very thankful to You, patarmarkan, Spidermitch, Suricatta and even the person who created the "size comparison charts" (sorry, can't find the thread now).

EDIT: I just came across a discussion about D'Deridex' inertia. I checked in game, it's 30, unlike the 15 in the chart.

Well yes, a downloadable chart is always going to be handy. Gives you something to look at while the game is 'down for maintenance'.

Thanks for the inertia confirmation (I haven't got that far in the game myself yet), I will get those changed in the next update. :)
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if you got it from another source, but the Haakona advanced warbird is having 4 eng consoles, 3 tac and 2 sci in all instances where it is described: C-Store, dev blog, in game store; not the 4 sci slots you mention.

edited May 2013
    Not sure if you got it from another source, but the Haakona advanced warbird is having 4 eng consoles, 3 tac and 2 sci in all instances where it is described: C-Store, dev blog, in game store; not the 4 sci slots you mention.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Love the use of colour there. :)

I can't remember where I got the original data from. I probably just got my wires crossed somehow. :o

Chart updated.
    http://starfish1.co.uk/chart3.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Love the use of colour there. :)

I can't remember where I got the original data from. I probably just got my wires crossed somehow. :o

Chart updated.

Nice, but you forgot about Big D's inertia. ;) As I said earlier, D'Deridexes have an inertia of 30.

• kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As always, fabulous, but nit-pick: "And your ally's ships at this tier". (I've been grading things all morning, and it's really making me itch.)
    edited June 2013
    kasandaro wrote: »
    As always, fabulous, but nit-pick: "And your ally's ships at this tier". (I've been grading things all morning, and it's really making me itch.)

The alternatives I considered were "plus your allies ships at this tier" or "including your allies ships at this tier" or even just putting the frames for those ships in there for direct comparison, but that would make the chart very big and highlight how few Romulan ships there are compared to the other two 'factions'.

There is certainly room for improvement, so I am open to suggestions.
    Nice, but you forgot about Big D's inertia. ;) As I said earlier, D'Deridexes have an inertia of 30.

Indeed I did forget. Thank you for the reminder.

Updated to version 1.5

Amendment to Inertia rating of D'Deridex and variants.

Thank you. :)
    edited June 2013
    Looks all fine and good, except the Fleet Hafeh's inertia (sorry for not catching it earlier). I guess it should be same as Ha'feh/Mirror Ha'feh, thus 40.

Other than that, I really don't see any mistakes in it. Well done. ;)

edited June 2013
    Looks all fine and good, except the Fleet Hafeh's inertia (sorry for not catching it earlier). I guess it should be same as Ha'feh/Mirror Ha'feh, thus 40.

Other than that, I really don't see any mistakes in it. Well done. ;)

Thanks once again tovia.

Chart updated to 1.6

Correction to inertia for the Fleet Ha'feh
    edited June 2013
    Star, I see you have expanded your crew.

Does it mean we get a new video soon? :D
    edited June 2013
    Star, I see you have expanded your crew.

Does it mean we get a new video soon? :D

How very observant :)

Yes, that's the plan, but it will be a bit later in the year when I start making that type of video again. I have lots of ideas, and I'm really looking forward to getting started on the music vids again. In the meantime I have a couple of other projects I want to get completed. But thank you for noticing the new crew member. :D
    edited June 2013
    You are my role model in this game when it comes to RPG and graphics :D

Oh and I would so love to have a crossover with your characters and the Tal alien from talzerotwo.

Say, how is your luna reef doing? new footage? :D