Install Arc
Options

Starfish1 Romulan Ship Chart

Comments

• Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are my role model in this game when it comes to RPG and graphics :D

Oh and I would so love to have a crossover with your characters and the Tal alien from talzerotwo.

Say, how is your luna reef doing? new footage? :D

Thanks. :D As I said in another thread over the weekend, this hobby can give birth to other ones. The graphics, videos and charts are just an example. I envy those that can make podcasts and create software like the demolauncher or breakdown the mathematics of the game into words the rest of us can understand.

The Tal alien is fantastic and shows what can be done with the alien creator if you are prepared to play around with it. I really like the fact that a back story has been created for them and I enjoyed reading it. A crossover would be cool. Yes, the thought had crossed my mind too.

The reef tank videos are due an update, and it's one of the things I want to get done over the next few weeks. Some good news, and some not so good.

My top priority at the moment is to get the KDF chart finished, which is what I am working on this evening.

Thanks again. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Chart updated to 3.7
    http://starfish1.co.uk/chart3.jpg

Added Suliban Cell Ship
    Added Risian Corvette
    Updated Romulan Mirror ship images (now I have finally got my hands on the ships)

Also changed the version numbering to 3.0 to match the Fed and KDF charts now they are completed.

Any issues, please let me know. :)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Romulan chart opens perfectly in my Windows Photogalery, but by opening the Fed chart I receive an error saying: ... can't open the file, the file may be damaged.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The Romulan chart opens perfectly in my Windows Photogalery, but by opening the Fed chart I receive an error saying: ... can't open the file, the file may be damaged.

Hi Manfred, if you look back at the Fed chart thread, I created two halves of it for you so it was smaller, and would be more likely to open on your machine. It means you can only open half of it, but I thought it might resolve your issue. :)
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Chart updated to 3.7

Added Suliban Cell Ship
    Added Risian Corvette
    Updated Romulan Mirror ship images (now I have finally got my hands on the ships)

Also changed the version numbering to 3.0 to match the Fed and KDF charts now they are completed.

Any issues, please let me know. :)

Now that you added the Suliban cell ship, I noticed you don't mention the Trader contact on the Tuffli (unless that's what you mean by 'Duty officer contact').

I think this post might be helpful here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11059511&postcount=76

Nice the mirror ships now are distinct from their regular versions.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or I just could buy a new pc with better stats... :D

anyway, nice work on the luna reef. looks wonderfull. chilling music too. the whole make-up reminds me of those good old science or expedition tv shows from the 90s.

You plan on adding more fishes?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    Now that you added the Suliban cell ship, I noticed you don't mention the Trader contact on the Tuffli (unless that's what you mean by 'Duty officer contact').

I think this post might be helpful here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11059511&postcount=76

Nice the mirror ships now are distinct from their regular versions.

Thanks for that. Yes, I think that is what I meant by 'Duty Officer Contact' but I probably ought to make it more clear. Thanks for the link, and yes, I agree the mirror ships are really distinct. I really like them.

Ho hum, it looks like I am going to have 3 new Romulan ships to add before the week is out though.

Or I just could buy a new pc with better stats... :D

anyway, nice work on the luna reef. looks wonderfull. chilling music too. the whole make-up reminds me of those good old science or expedition tv shows from the 90s.

You plan on adding more fishes?

Thanks, I was quite pleased with that video, I thought it was a lot better and somewhat more professional. When I start doing the STO videos again I want to make them more polished than the previous ones. I'm learning with each new video I make.

I plan to add one more fish. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ho hum, it looks like I am going to have 3 new Romulan ships to add before the week is out though.

Yup, most likely out on Thursday. ;)

It will give the Rom chart a healthier shape. Now it's comparable in size to the other two, yet contains only a fraction of their numbers.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Yup, most likely out on Thursday. ;)

It will give the Rom chart a healthier shape. Now it's comparable in size to the other two, yet contains only a fraction of their numbers.

Yes Cryptic... more Romulan ships... keep em coming, we need to address the balance.

And when do we get the Romulan scout ship? I want that little ship so badly, it's an iconic TNG ship that is painfully absent as a playable vessel. There were 2 variants in the show, like the one in 'The Defector' and another one in 'The Next Phase'. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chart updated to version 3.8

Added the 3 Romulan Dreadnought Warbirds
    Updated pearl graphic on Risian Corvette
    Updated text on Suliban Cell Ship
    Updated text on Tuffli Freighter

Looks like I got my wish about the Romulan Scout Ship and the Science Vessel variant... Whoop! :D

Sorry for the delay on the Scimitars, I really wanted better images, but I eventually found out I can't buy them on Tribble for some reason. :rolleyes:

I really wanted crisper images to do them justice. :o
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    They look crisp enough, though dark, very dark (not your fault, they are dark).

I'd give you better photos, but didn't get them, yet. For one, I don't really appreciate hangar slots; two, I hate it being made larger than it should be; and three, it's a slap in the face of most other ships (according to stats anyway, though some bugs may be preventing it from actually playing that much better).

But hey, I got the Kumari line this sale, so I'll get the Scimitars eventually as well.

As for the other Romulan ships in the works: I was surprised from the pictures (they don't seem that far from being finished), they might come very soon.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Chart updated to version 3.9

Addition of Daeinos Warbird Destroyer
    Addition of Commander's Gig (aka Romulan Scout Ship)
    Update to image of Risian corvette (with a small c)
    Corrections to some of the shuttle stats

Hope it proves useful. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Chart updated to version 3.10

Added the Romulan temporal ships

Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's filling up nicely.

Only a small typo on the Risian corvette: defence. Unless they messed it up somewhere as well (see their long use of hanger instead of hangar), should be with an 's' instead.

And are you sure the Daeinos has an inertia of 80? I can't verify myself, but it would make it more manoeuvrable than pretty much everything else than shuttles. Seems a bit weird.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    It's filling up nicely.

Only a small typo on the Risian corvette: defence. Unless they messed it up somewhere as well (see their long use of hanger instead of hangar), should be with an 's' instead.

And are you sure the Daeinos has an inertia of 80? I can't verify myself, but it would make it more manoeuvrable than pretty much everything else than shuttles. Seems a bit weird.

Yes it certainly is filling up. Shame that the fleet section isn't, but I'm sure in time it will.

I'm from the UK, and we spell defense with a c. ;)

If it's a title of something I tend to spell it the way it is in game, but if it's text elsewhere I seem to have a habit of spelling it in UK English. If I don't, Microsoft Word (what I use to create the chart tiles with) gives me a red squiggly line. For consistency I probably should make it all US English, but it would feel like I'm totally betraying my roots if I did. :D

I've double checked the Daeinos and it states an inertia of 80 in the movement tab. I just reclaimed the Chimera, and that also says 80. It is very high I agree, so I don't know if it's an ingame typo or not. Very weird indeed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm from the UK, and we spell defense with a c. ;)

If it's a title of something I tend to spell it the way it is in game, but if it's text elsewhere I seem to have a habit of spelling it in UK English. If I don't, Microsoft Word (what I use to create the chart tiles with) gives me a red squiggly line. For consistency I probably should make it all US English, but it would feel like I'm totally betraying my roots if I did. :D
    My bad then, wasn't aware of this particular difference.
    I've double checked the Daeinos and it states an inertia of 80 in the movement tab. I just reclaimed the Chimera, and that also says 80. It is very high I agree, so I don't know if it's an ingame typo or not. Very weird indeed.
    Well, if it's very hard to do power slides with either and they react instantaneously to any change in speed/direction, it's not a typo (and would make me consider buying Lts even more).

EDIT: Yay, 1000 posts!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    EDIT: Yay, 1000 posts!

Yay! Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Chart updated to version 3.11

Added the Elachi Ships
    Updated the text for the Mirror Universe Ha'nom Guardian Warbird

Please let me know if you think it would be a good idea to have one thread for all three factions charts, and where on the forum might be the best place for it?

Regards,
    Starfish1

PS. I have re-uploaded all three of the faction charts so the mistake with the Monbosh BOFF layout is now fixed. Sorry to anyone who uploaded it straight away and got the mistake. You will need to upload it again. :o
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Chart updated to version 3.12

Fixed a typo on the Risian corvette
    Added the Ar'kif and Ar'kala Tactical Warbirds
    Added the Ar'kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit

Any issues, please let me know.

• Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice work with this one, just like the others. :D

*Subscribes to Thread*
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Chart updated to version 3.12

Fixed a typo on the Risian corvette
    Added the Ar'kif and Ar'kala Tactical Warbirds
    Added the Ar'kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit

Any issues, please let me know.

Sorry for the delay. Nice you're keeping it up.

2 things:
    - Now that the Tier 5 Ar'kif retrofit has a hangar bay, could you add it to the chart (if you manage to cram it in).
    - Since all the C-store (at least most) have the base free variant class options mentioned, could you add the Ar'kif class variant possibility to the Ar'kala refit?

Thanks and good luck with the future cruiser specific 'Advanced Comm Array powers'. ;)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated to version 3.13

Added the hangar for the T5 Ar'kif (sorry for the delay).
    Updated the Ar'kala with an Ar'kif variant thumbnail (thanks Toiva).
    Updated appropriate cross faction ships with the new Advanced Comm Array icons. Due to lack of space, I have resorted to putting them on the frame itself. I have taken the liberty of colour coding the icons to aid in distinguishing them at a glance.

I have also updated the Frame Guide for the new icons.

Hope it helps. :)

Any issues, let me know.

Regards,
    Starfish1
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated appropriate cross faction ships with the new Advanced Comm Array icons. Due to lack of space, I have resorted to putting them on the frame itself. I have taken the liberty of colour coding the icons to aid in distinguishing them at a glance.

I have also updated the Frame Guide for the new icons.

Hope it helps. :)

Any issues, let me know.

Regards,
    Starfish1

Good call adding the appropriate colors. Currently it's the one thing that helps me distinguish them.

Good work as usual, on all 3 charts. ;)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated to version 3.14

Added the Obelisk Carriers.

Any issues or amendments, let me know.

Regards,
    Starfish1
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've been looking more at inertia values recently and seem to have found some inconcistencies with the chart:

The Ha'nom guardian warbird has an inertia of 40 (instead of listed 30);
    The Ha'apax and Haakona advanced warbirds have an inertia of 30 (instead of the listed 15).

As usual, I assume the same values hold for their respective fleet and mirror variants.

(If you're curious about the Ha'feh, don't be, it really has the listed inertia of 40.)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Updated to version 3.15

Updated the VA Ar'kif with a Scorpion fighter image
    Updated Mirror Ha'feh with acquisition update
    Added the Voth lock box ships
    Updated the Obelisk with the Sphere of Influence full mission reward images
    Updated the inertia values for the Ha'nom, Ha'apax, Haakona and their variants (thanks again tovia) :)

Fleet Spire vessels to follow

Any issues or amendments, let me know.

Regards,
    Starfish1
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Updated to version 3.16

Added Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider
    Updated Breen Chel Grett Warship
    Added Fleet Daeinos Destroyer to tier 2*
    Added Fleet Ar'Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird to tier 3*
    Updated rewards text for Obelisk Carrier
    Re-organised cross faction vessels into a more sensible order

* The spire fleet ships have been included with the other fleet ships but given a spire icon with the requirements/cost to indicate the fleet holding. I actually let out a little groan when I realised that Cryptic had added ships to a new holding because I couldn't see an easy way to integrate them into the chart. They should ideally have a spire holding area on the chart of their own to separate them from the other fleet ships, but the chart is probably big enough as it is already. I suspect Cryptic will continue this trend with other fleet holdings in the future, so I would give those ships their own holding icon if/when that happens. I am open to better suggestions or comments on this decision if you have any though. :)

Fleet Obelisk to follow when I know the price/requirement.

Klingon chart will get updated next week so I can include the new Klingon ship.

Any issues or amendments, please let me know.

Regards,
    Starfish1
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for this new batch of charts, looking forward to the KDF one (Fleet Kar'Fi and new Battlecruiser, yay!).

As far as Fleet Spire ships go, I don't really have a solution but maybe you could leave some space between the usual Starbase shipyard vessels and the few Spire ships. While the little Spire icon is nice, I fear it may go unnoticed by some and some small separation between the different Fleet 'holdings' as they call it may be welcome.

And while you mention the Spire Obelisk, will you also move it to Fleet ships? It should be identical to the one previously obtained from 'Sphere of Influence'. (Similar to the original Odyssey and Bortas 2nd anniversary ships, now they are available from Tier 5 starbase.)

• Options
    edited December 2013
    And while you mention the Spire Obelisk, will you also move it to Fleet ships? It should be identical to the one previously obtained from 'Sphere of Influence'. (Similar to the original Odyssey and Bortas 2nd anniversary ships, now they are available from Tier 5 starbase.)

When I know the price of the Fleet Obelisk I'll probably move it if it has the same stats. If not, I will create a new version of it and leave the original one in place for those that already have it and want to see their ship on the chart (even though you can't get it anymore).
    As far as Fleet Spire ships go, I don't really have a solution but maybe you could leave some space between the usual Starbase shipyard vessels and the few Spire ships. While the little Spire icon is nice, I fear it may go unnoticed by some and some small separation between the different Fleet 'holdings' as they call it may be welcome.

I had also thought about changing the colour of the frame a little to indicate the difference, I've just tried it on my PC to see how it looks, and I'm not sure that works either. I might try it on the next update to see what people think though. I can see me needing to create a brand new panel above the Fleet one and between the header called 'Fleet Holdings'. I'm sure 18 months from now there will be more joining it from other fleet holdings. It will just make the Romulan chart look even more bare.

I can't see any easy solution but I'll have another think.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, can't help you with the Spire Obelisk. There's no way I'll tier up the Spire.

But I've just noticed something strange: Did you change the Fleet Ha'apax and Fleet Ha'feh stats recently?

The Boff layout of the Fleet Ha'apax should be the same as Haakona's: Com Eng, Lt. Comm Universal, Lt. Sci, Lt. Tac and Ens Tac. Also it's shield modifier should be 1.155 (displayed as 1.15 in the store), not the huge 1.555. :P

Then the Boff layout of the Fleet Ha'feh should have it's Lt. Comm also universal.

I actually have a feeling these were correctly stated in the chart previously, just not sure how far back and how it got messed up.