What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

700 Day Character Slot

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What happens if someone's filled the extra costume slots?

Last I checked they never existed. I still just had the two from the previous reward on top of the the standard, offduty and fleet options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank You! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your patience, Captains, while I looked into this further...
    /e movieguyvoice 1

In a world where players from around the world have...

/e movieguyvoice 0

Ah, never mind. Coming to an update near you!:

STO: Return of the 700 Day Character Slot and SP Boost Reward!

That's right! I have just been informed that the 700 Day Veteran Reward is going to be reverted to what it was originally intended to be. This will be done through an in-game update and those who have already hit 700 Days, and those who will hit 700 Days, will be granted the correct rewards. I do not have an exact date for you on when this will occur, but the team is actively working on it.

Also, I've updated the Veteran Rewards page to reflect this information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great Update!

By the way, the movieguy is Don LaFontaine (RiP).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPMvj_xejg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    your post made me think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

LMAO :D

That made my day :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Cryptic folks, thank you.

Happpy Holidays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    /e movieguyvoice 1

/e movieguyvoice 0

That's right! I have just been informed that the 700 Day Veteran Reward is going to be reverted to what it was originally intended to be. This will be done through an in-game update and those who have already hit 700 Days, and those who will hit 700 Days, will be granted the correct rewards. I do not have an exact date for you on when this will occur, but the team is actively working on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Good News!!!!

But now this makes the Bug Report I wrote on my missing Costume Slots Null & Void .....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have two words for the likes of you Mr. Bran Flakes...

...THANK YOU

:D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1000 Days = FREE Exclusive Starship Variant.... Enterprise F possibly???
    *starts doing math...
    I'm guessing the Jem'hadar bug.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kostamojen wrote: »
    I'm guessing the Jem'hadar bug.

I'd rather have a Fed and Klink iconic ship with most of the same stats. Like a K'tinga Refit, or a (weaker hull) Cruiser-Hull based edition.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ordio wrote: »
    Sweet, thanks for the update!
    Not enough time for all these character slots.

Now... about that Android BOFF. I was able to get it on one of my characters, but not the others. 2 VAs and 2 LG's... There was a dev on TTS last night and i asked and i was supposed to get the android boff on all toons. Is there anything special i need to do to get the android boff?
    Thanks.

How did you get the android BOFF? I am 700 as of last week, and I don't have one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rickpa wrote:
    How did you get the android BOFF? I am 700 as of last week, and I don't have one.

The BOff stores on ESD and Quo'noS. Under the "Special" heading.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The veteran page says that we get a free character slot now, but I still cannot create another character even after hitting 700 days. Is there something we have to do to activate this?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saving_J wrote:
    The veteran page says that we get a free character slot now, but I still cannot create another character even after hitting 700 days. Is there something we have to do to activate this?

It's not in yet. As per post 55:

[excerpt]
    Coming to an update near you!:

That's right! I have just been informed that the 700 Day Veteran Reward is going to be reverted to what it was originally intended to be. This will be done through an in-game update [...]. I do not have an exact date for you on when this will occur, but the team is actively working on it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the clarification HappyHappyJoyJoy. I can't believe I missed that dev post on the dev tracker.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gained my 700 day reward a week ago and neither gained the Character nor Costume slots.

Actually, i deleted 2 characters and found I had lost a slot, what a win :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have yet to receive my Andriod bridge officer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gained my 700 day reward a week ago and neither gained the Character nor Costume slots.

Actually, i deleted 2 characters and found I had lost a slot, what a win :(

1) I don't think the costume slots were ever intended. They were awarded for 600 Days and I have a feeling they were mistakenly placed under 700 Days as well.

2) The extra character slot isn't in yet. Post 55 from PWE_BranFlakes tells us this. It's something "in the works" that will come with a later patch (I'd guess at least not until we see an update in January).

3) A lot of people have been losing slots. Something went screwy with the F2P switch over and accounts. File a support ticket. I had this issue too and I had my lost slot restored within a few days (and that was right smack in the middle of the holidays too).
    Uneasybbj wrote: »
    I have yet to receive my Andriod bridge officer

If you're at 699.01 or higher for subscribed days check the BOff stores on ESD or Quo'noS where you typically buy new bridge officers. Check the "Special" tab at the bottom. It should be below the C-Store Caitians and Aenar. The Android BOff should be in the list of BOffs there, below the Veteran BOffs awarded for discrepancies with the exchange of marks/emblems/badges into Dilithium.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I don't think the costume slots were ever intended. They were awarded for 600 Days and I have a feeling they were mistakenly placed under 700 Days as well.

2) The extra character slot isn't in yet. Post 55 from PWE_BranFlakes tells us this. It's something "in the works" that will come with a later patch (I'd guess at least not until we see an update in January).

3) A lot of people have been losing slots. Something went screwy with the F2P switch over and accounts. File a support ticket. I had this issue too and I had my lost slot restored within a few days (and that was right smack in the middle of the holidays too).

1 & 2) Yes, I know it probably was but still, I like getting my 700 Day Reward on my 700th day, not my 730th or something. Its not like this deadline just suddenly appeared.

3) Yeah, I did. No reply since Sunday. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    /e movieguyvoice 1

/e movieguyvoice 0

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You're waaay too funy to be just a Mod BranFlakes. :p

Edit: I just checked and I am at 696 days, and according to page I should have a VC token available on my main toon. Will need to check for that tonight. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm sure one of you will probably do this anyway, but just in case;

Could you please post here when the patch is live and we can choose gender and profession for our new boff, I'm waiting until the fix is in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Bran :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now all we need given back are the T3 Nebula & Excelsior ships that we were told by cptgecko would be getting for FREE to anyone who bought the T5 versions prior to f2p! :mad:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    3) Yeah, I did. No reply since Sunday. :(

Huh. There wasn't much delay at all for me. Heck for follow ups I was getting responses within the day. You filed a support ticket and not a bug or GM one, right? Maybe they're just jammed right now, or perhaps you selected a different category and some are given more priority than others (since I've bought slots I selected "C-Store Issues").
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Huh. There wasn't much delay at all for me. Heck for follow ups I was getting responses within the day. You filed a support ticket and not a bug or GM one, right? Maybe they're just jammed right now, or perhaps you selected a different category and some are given more priority than others (since I've bought slots I selected "C-Store Issues").

Its fairly standard in my experience. I expect to be told its working as intended and should go buy more.

I'd like to be more hopeful but it hasn't been my experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Subscriptions
    ACTIVE
    Subscribed For: 699.38 days

.62 days is going to take forever......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VennJammer wrote: »
    Subscriptions
    ACTIVE
    Subscribed For: 699.38 days

.62 days is going to take forever......

Actually veteran rewards unlock at x99.01. So if you log in your 700 day rewards (minus the character slot) should be ready.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Awesome update.

So, apparently Cryptic never wants you to delete characters because they might just suddenly decide you deserve one less. :mad:

Honestly, I should be disappointed but I'm use to this by now. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ...STO: Return of the 700 Day Character Slot and SP Boost Reward!

Also, I've updated the Veteran Rewards page to reflect this information...
    Brandon, thanks again for the good news and for updating the Vet Rewards Page. As a reminder, when you guys get to the update, please have someone change the in-game Accolade description, because I think it's still saying we get a costume slot.

P.S. I'm sure I've said it before, but perhaps you could add an "Effecitve Date" to the Vet page so we know when the policy changes.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It's been more than a month since the dev post. I still don't have my character slot. What gives?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Saving_J wrote:
    It's been more than a month since the dev post. I still don't have my character slot. What gives?

Chances are you got hit with a bug that a lot of people did where you lost a character slot. A lot of people never noticed they got hit with it because they had a full complement of captains, and the bug reduced the total number slots, but not the number of captains, so essentially you had one more captain than you had slots. If you haven't gotten a new slot then chances are you lost a slot and you've essentially gone from having -1 characters slots available to having 0 available.

Others noticed it previously when they'd deleted a character prior to the 700 day reward being implemented and a new slot didn't open up. I believe this issue had something to do with the F2P conversion.

You'll need to file a support ticket to get that slot back (neither a GM nor bug report will help you there).