test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

test rewards??????

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Reach lvl three in any tier and get Unique Purple Doff with Active roster ability not avail anywhere else.

is this inclusive for the diplomaciy tier???

i think reaching level 3 in diplomacy is easier than the other and want to ensure that i will get the purple one by reaching lvl3 in diplomacy.

can any dev answer pls-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This has been asked (and answered) many times.. try doing a search of the forum.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    can u tell me or give me a link if you know where?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Xmir wrote: »
    can u tell me or give me a link if you know where?

Use the developer tracker to find the post(s) from Heretic. The short answer is yes though.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i've actually used the search function, but it usually returns either (you didn't use enough words saying it requires 3) when i've used more then 3......or just brings up a page of somewhat related topics that may or may NOT answer a given question.

If you know the answer then simply help someone out if you can. If you have the time to reply with this kind of trash you could simply say yes or no even if you can't be bothered to link them to the actual post.

I'm searching fruitlessly now through a long list of posts that are related to the doff system, but none so far have actually answered this question.

and sparhawk jumps in with a helpful answer :)

dev tracker would have been next on my list as previous seach was coming up with zilch.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    thank you mike
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Jentai wrote: »
    i've actually used the search function, but it usually returns either (you didn't use enough words saying it requires 3) when i've used more then 3......or just brings up a page of somewhat related topics that may or may NOT answer a given question.

If you know the answer then simply help someone out if you can. If you have the time to reply with this kind of trash you could simply say yes or no even if you can't be bothered to link them to the actual post.

I'm searching fruitlessly now through a long list of posts that are related to the doff system, but none so far have actually answered this question.

and sparhawk jumps in with a helpful answer :)

dev tracker would have been next on my list as previous seach was coming up with zilch.

thank you, i have the same issue and didnt wanted to start a disscussion here. I think i takes exactly same effort to answer or trying to give a lecture over the from.

I searched about 10 minutes for an answer and came to an end to open a thred.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If you want to see it for yourself i did find it......better get tier 3 asap before they rescale the xp needed :)

second page of this thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=236271&page=2
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Here's hoping at least one of the Klingon DOFF categories has its tier breakpoints significantly lowered. As it is, I don't think I'll make tier 2 in anything on my Klingon-side character.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    do you have to reach tier 3 on both sides?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    do you have to reach tier 3 on both sides?

to get rewards for each one, yes.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pr1983 wrote: »
    to get rewards for each one, yes.

Where did you come by that information? Its been said before you just need to reach Rank 3 on ONE side to unlock doffs for both
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Aye thats all ive heard too.

I mean for the dilithium/ship slot/title you need to level one char per faction, but as far as ive heard the DoFF rewards are the same regardles of faction.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i read it as boff. my bad.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    few you just saved me wasting hours of my life, now I can waste them on something else :P
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My last few diplomatic assignments for T3 will finish in a few hours and i got my klingon to vice admiral a while ago. :D

Only my fed to go, which is at RA3
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Are these rewards going to be account wide, just like the tribbles were (i.e. all characters of a given faction can claim them) or will they apply only to characters we already have created? If I start a new toon after F2P goes live, will I receive all these rewards (XP Boost, Dilithium, slots and title) for that char as well?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Suavek wrote: »
    Are these rewards going to be account wide, just like the tribbles were (i.e. all characters of a given faction can claim them) or will they apply only to characters we already have created? If I start a new toon after F2P goes live, will I receive all these rewards (XP Boost, Dilithium, slots and title) for that char as well?

Yes. These rewards are built as things you redeem free on the C-Store forever. So if you make a new toon after F2P they still have access to the unlocks.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    well guess if i have time after i hit 51 on my fed i'll have to go give the klingons a try for once.....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yes. These rewards are built as things you redeem free on the C-Store forever. So if you make a new toon after F2P they still have access to the unlocks.
    That's good to hear. Although, if Cryptic claims that the dilithium reward is going to be reasonably large, it can somewhat "break" the progression of any new character we create. Unless of course the dilithium will be awarded only at some later levels.

Still, I'm looking at the requirements of doff tiers and I can't imagine getting to Tier 3 in time. I will be happy if I can even get Tier 1 (Diplomacy, most probably).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That's good to hear. Although, if Cryptic claims that the dilithium reward is going to be reasonably large, it can somewhat "break" the progression of any new character we create. Unless of course the dilithium will be awarded only at some later levels.

Still, I'm looking at the requirements of doff tiers and I can't imagine getting to Tier 3 in time. I will be happy if I can even get Tier 1 (Diplomacy, most probably).

They can make it only redeemable once per toon, like what they did for numerous of the Pre-Order rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Any idea what, if any, deadline is set for the DOff rewards? Is it the same time limit that applies for getting a character to VA?

Z
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    They can make it only redeemable once per toon, like what they did for numerous of the Pre-Order rewards.
    I know. What I mean is, if you redeem it early in the game, you basically have all the necessary funds for quite some time. You don't have to grind or anything - just redeem the dilithium and buy yourself all the equipment you want to level up.

Because by "large chunk" I expect something of vaule even for a VA, not to mention LC.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I know. What I mean is, if you redeem it early in the game, you basically have all the necessary funds for quite some time. You don't have to grind or anything - just redeem the dilithium and buy yourself all the equipment you want to level up.

Because by "large chunk" I expect something of vaule even for a VA, not to mention LC.

But then all your dilithium is sunk into low level stuff, and since gear is fairly tightly level-banded I don't feel like this would be an issue. It's also a point of player freedom to detail how and where they should spend their rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

If the DiLi is per character, they need to make it level gated (like 20 or something for Feds, 35+ for KDF) or Subbers could create chars to get DiLi, sell it, delete char, rinse, repeat (Or even use the C-Points they just got to then transfer the DiLi to another char; still the issue of infinite DiLi).