test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Limited Dilithium refinement per day: Why?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I'm sitting with a good lot of Ore I'm unable to refine due to the limit.

Why are there going to be limits for Gold players? I can understand this limit for silver players, but if you are going to put a limit on this for gold players, it should be, a minimum, or 10x the amount currently available, if at all.

It's kinda upsetting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's to prevent uncontrollable inflation of the currency. Setting a cap allows the team to know how much of it can ever be in the system, which allows for pricing to mean something.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ok, but is this just temporary or permanent?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    8k is a bit to low especially seeing that in order to properly equip borg gear we will have to run stf's up to 150 times, thats not counting working on mk12 gear.

8 runs a day equals (8*1100) 8,800 excess 800 a day. What is being missed is that once F2P goes live all of us with multiple maxed out toons will be grinding the heck out of the stf's to upgrade. A solid team can easily do 8 runs in less than three hours.

Add another 5k for dailies and we will never catch up to our intake of ore.

Controlling the economy is great, but whats the point when people are allowed to put items on the exchange in excess of 10mil credits.

Remove the the refining limit and make anything purchased with dilithium bind on pickup, that will do far better at controlling the dilithium, without punishing players who want to work to max out their characters.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm all ready running into a real issue with Dilithium Ore refining limits.

I've been grinding STF's for gear and currently have 82K+ refined Dlithium, and very nearly 40K of unrefined Ore. I've nearly sufficient to pick up another ship for my KDF Lt. General. But obviously its going to be at least another week before I can actually GET that ships because I'm gaining Dilthium ore faster then I can refine it.. Much much much faster.

I HATE WAITING!!!! I'm KDF.. I've been waitng nearly 2 years for the KDF to actually become a FACTION.

SEE the handle..

KBF

KLINGON
    BLACK
    FLEET

Which I've been a member of before Cryptic studio's existed...
    *growls*
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Diceberg wrote: »
    8k is a bit to low especially seeing that in order to properly equip borg gear we will have to run stf's up to 150 times, thats not counting working on mk12 gear.

8 runs a day equals (8*1100) 8,800 excess 800 a day. What is being missed is that once F2P goes live all of us with multiple maxed out toons will be grinding the heck out of the stf's to upgrade. A solid team can easily do 8 runs in less than three hours.

Add another 5k for dailies and we will never catch up to our intake of ore.

Controlling the economy is great, but whats the point when people are allowed to put items on the exchange in excess of 10mil credits.

Remove the the refining limit and make anything purchased with dilithium bind on pickup, that will do far better at controlling the dilithium, without punishing players who want to work to max out their characters.

Yea i agre with you 100% the ore refinery is a bit low cause i havent been grinding that hard and i done used my 8k and i have another 14k to refine and i been trying to stay behind it but still i got alot of extra ore i cant refine, only point i see a bit different from you i like to see it raised another 8k would be good i think. cause the hard core grinders are realy going to get behind lol
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The likely primary objective is to lead the more impatient folks to acquire these things faster through the c-store. Plus several other moderately reasonable but largely bogus rationales:o.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    droz wrote: »
    Ok, but is this just temporary or permanent?

Temporary for the moment. sdangelo mentioned (iirc) that it was just to get an idea of how the market was progressing, and that they may raise or remove it in future.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think 8k should be the limit for Silver players simply because we dont need the noobs flooding the market with gear. For Gold members though I think 15k would be perfect. It still sets a limit we can reach everyday and if we want something instantly we will just have to suck it up and buy refined dilithium from the C-Store.

Aid the Defiri - 1440
    Emancipation - 480
    Free Defiri Captives - 480

Traellus Sat Repair - 480
    Sh'mar Rescue - 480
    Salvage Dispute - 1440 (occasionally)

3360 ore daily
    4800 occasionally

That is just from the daily missions. Add in the ore you get from Doff missions and you are looking at close to 6000 when you get to do Salvage Dispute. That means you only get to run the STF's twice before you reach your cap. And youll never get the nice borg gear if you only do the stfs 2x a night. It would take you forever.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    There's the exploration daily and the events too, of course.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I would be upset too about not being able to process more D-Ore, but I am more concerned right now about Where to get it processed....

Did not see that info in this thread yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I would be upset too about not being able to process more D-Ore, but I am more concerned right now about Where to get it processed....

Did not see that info in this thread yet.
    Check the assets tab of your inventory, that's where you process dilithium ore.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    BearODice wrote: »

Ok, Thanks. I see it listed there, but have not seen anything about Processing it. I have better than 9000 units, guess I need to get busy.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's to prevent uncontrollable inflation of the currency. Setting a cap allows the team to know how much of it can ever be in the system, which allows for pricing to mean something.

Say goodbye to free market and welcome Chinese communism.

Well, that was a bit of sarcasm of course but I just couldn't resist... :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    BearODice wrote: »

I Guess it is time to Clean My Glasses. I was not looking for it, but that is One Big Button to just MISS seeing.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LIMIT HOW MUCH WE CAN SPEND IN GAME and more to the point they want us to use the C-store

it sucks
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    A daily dilithium refining is enough for a mark xi purple body armor. 3 days are enough for any item. I didn't really check emblem prices on holo, haven't been around that long, but how long would it take to get enough emblems for a mk xi purple item? The only two places I know that give them are the B'tran VA missions and the Borg alert. Also but not being able to buy everything up from the get go, they would make crafting and the exchange even more meaningful, but knowing the general demeanor of people, it'll escalate in loanshark prizes >.>
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I understand the reasoning for the "cap", but the when you set it to sucha a level that you can only process about half or a little less than half of what you can collect in a day. Well that's just overkill. They can at least make it 10 or 12k per day. or keep it at half or 3/4ths the daily acquired amount. And at least try to increase the ways of aquiring these. Repeatative dailies do tend to make the game a grind. The events are nice. But the trickle down effect of the ore from those aren't much. Perhaps going to a refinory and pay EC to be able to raise the CAP once a day would be helpful.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yea they realy need to up the refinement cause now i have over 37,000 dilithium over the 8k refinement limit, and as i said in my earlier post i havent been grinding dilithium that hard , please take a look at this and up it , i beleave would help with alot of the problems ty
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    hunvagy wrote: »
    A daily dilithium refining is enough for a mark xi purple body armor. 3 days are enough for any item. I didn't really check emblem prices on holo, haven't been around that long, but how long would it take to get enough emblems for a mk xi purple item? The only two places I know that give them are the B'tran VA missions and the Borg alert. Also but not being able to buy everything up from the get go, they would make crafting and the exchange even more meaningful, but knowing the general demeanor of people, it'll escalate in loanshark prizes >.>

on holodeck you can do more then 25 emblems a day i beleave if you do all the things that give you emblems
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    More and more items are being added to the dilithium cost every patch but we are still severly limited to how much we can refine, ships, gear, crafting. everything needs dilithium now, but it will take forever to refine it.

I hope the 8000 a day limit will be upt, 20000 would be a more realistic number