test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STFs and Remodulators

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Would it be possible to add a large message to the STF queue reminding people of the "new" Remodulators? Or add a check to see if person has one before allowing queueing. Just to save everyone's time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    also it would be nice if the ADDAPTED message would only appear for yourself

as it is i have deactivated damage floaters for everyone else but myself, but i see this ADDAPTED floater for everyone who is shooting -> so the only way to know if they addapted to me or someone else is to look at the yellow numbers and if they show 1 1 1 they actually addapted to ME...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are they bound? If not, why not bring a few extra with you? I know they are expensive to replicate but . . . .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    Are they bound? If not, why not bring a few extra with you? I know they are expensive to replicate but . . . .

I'm sorry but that gets tiring after the first 10 or so runs. Would you be so kind and provide them with Hypos too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry but that gets tiring after the first 10 or so runs. Would you be so kind and provide them with Hypos too?

That's so Annoying.

I was a part of 2 Infected runs last night where at least 3 members of my team did not have the remodulator or bring any hypoes at all!

I was playing my KDF Science Officer and had no choice but to switch out to a healing kit to try to keep most of the team alive.

It also seems that since the jump over to Holodeck , normal and Elite levels of the STFs have had their difficulty bumped up a couple of notches.

I was getting two shotted on normal and strong stares were killing me on Elite.

A lot of players are jumping into Elite STFs that have no business being there because of the better drops and the problem with that is they end up being dead weight that rage quits after the 1st 5 min.

I’ve got to try to find my happy place because it will be 1000 times worse when the F2Pers come in and reach the required level to run STFs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    0Gambit0 wrote: »
    It also seems that since the jump over to Holodeck , normal and Elite levels of the STFs have had their difficulty bumped up a couple of notches.

I was wondering about that too. The start of KA Ground went so badly I thought I accidentally queued for the elite one. Crits happen but still getting one-shot by elite tactical drone kind of sucks. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    0Gambit0 wrote: »
    That's so Annoying.

I was a part of 2 Infected runs last night where at least 3 members of my team did not have the remodulator or bring any hypoes at all!

I run ENG, so I make sure to pop my combat supply whenever I can and anyone who's low on/forgot hypos can stock up that way.

I know! combat supply ought to provide a stack of 5 one-time use combat supply re-modulators if the person opening the crate doesn't already have a full one slotted or MACO/Omega/HG armor on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I run ENG, so I make sure to pop my combat supply whenever I can and anyone who's low on/forgot hypos can stock up that way.

I know! combat supply ought to provide a stack of 5 one-time use combat supply re-modulators if the person opening the crate doesn't already have a full one slotted or MACO/Omega/HG armor on.

I also run STFs with a kit that includes Combat Supply.

This is an excellent idea. Throw remodulators in there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I stopped using it after having to drag the items from overflow bag every time I didn't have 3 empty device slots.

Anyway, this thread was not meant to bash people who are not aware of the S4 changes. Just to make it so that WE don't have to explain it every run.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this may sound noobish, but i havent played the new STF on tribble or holodeck yet so...

what remodulator? does the previous one from the replicator no long work? if not, where do i get this new remodulator? ive not seen it nor heard anything about it, so please inform me as to where i can pick this "new" remodulator up.

if its the same as the old one, then i apologize for wasting 30 seconds of your life you can never get back :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I must admit, I forgot to stock up on Remodulators at first. I gotten so use to testing the STFs on Tribble that I simply forgot. Luckily someone handed me an extra in that I could continue.

But I will say this, it would be nice if Cryptic either gave us the ability to replicate remodulators from the ground (Simply say the Crew beamed it down for you). Of course when people start getting the Fractle Remodulator, they won't be forgetting that.

Another thing is perhaps a lock out for ground it prompting, "You need to replicate a remodulator for this mission".

Or people get use to carrying extra remodulators, just in case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if its the same as the old one, then i apologize for wasting 30 seconds of your life you can never get back :D

http://www.khaaaaan.com/!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this may sound noobish, but i havent played the new STF on tribble or holodeck yet so...

what remodulator? does the previous one from the replicator no long work? if not, where do i get this new remodulator? ive not seen it nor heard anything about it, so please inform me as to where i can pick this "new" remodulator up.

It's the same one. There is a faster one available in some fashion from the new Borg Defera invasion though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One way to avoid discovering that half your team doesn't have remodulators in the middle of the mission is for the Team leader to ask everyone BEFORE you start the mission, like after the team is fully formed, ready to go..."One last thing, does everyone have...?"
    Make that a habit and you won't get stuck with those less aware of them.

You'd think that as long as they've been around (they weren't "new" on the F2P Tribble server, been out for some time now) everyone would know, surprising how many still don't. Perhaps if more were to check the release notes once in a while...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    Another thing is perhaps a lock out for ground it prompting, "You need to replicate a remodulator for this mission".

This is probably a good idea. Run a check to make sure the player has a remodulator of some kind before allowing them to queue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One way to avoid discovering that half your team doesn't have remodulators in the middle of the mission is for the Team leader to ask everyone BEFORE you start the mission, like after the team is fully formed, ready to go..."One last thing, does everyone have...?"
    Make that a habit and you won't get stuck with those less aware of them.

You'd think that as long as they've been around (they weren't "new" on the F2P Tribble server, been out for some time now) everyone would know, surprising how many still don't. Perhaps if more were to check the release notes once in a while...

Problem is, we are talking about pugs, most of them don't even wait till the last member is in the instance before they run off. It's quite a while since I had a pug where everybody even read what was posted in chat, not to mention acted accordingly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It might be cool if Cryptic added consoles at various points in Borg ground missions that let you replicate the Remodulators and Hypos at 4x the normal cost.

I could defiantly see something like this working at the starting position in Star Base 82 where all the useless NPC are cowering in fear.

Another option would be to add the standard remodulators to the list of common items that can be dropped by the Borg.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    decker999 wrote: »
    Problem is, we are talking about pugs, most of them don't even wait till the last member is in the instance before they run off. It's quite a while since I had a pug where everybody even read what was posted in chat, not to mention acted accordingly.

Then ask as soon as the team is formed, don't wait until your enter the mission. Ask them as soon as they join the team...you have to replicate one in space anyway.
    It only takes a minute to find out and correct if they don't. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thank you for that. you made my day. speaking of the deferi borg invasion, it seemed broke last night. is that the case?