test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mrtshead wrote: »
    They aren't providing an update because they probably don't HAVE one. They are likely still tracking down the issue, and it's probably tough to find because at least part of the problem does, in fact, lay with your system. The patch is working fine for the vast majority of players, which means they have to figure out what it is about the patch that your specific configuration doesn't like, and moreover they have to do it from your reports of what's happening, without direct access to your hardware. It's not easy, and you screaming about it won't make it easier or faster.

It's in their coding. If it was on my end (and the other various players with the same damned problem) we never would have been able to access in the past. Which is why the easiest solution is to roll back the patch and figure out what they screwed up, but no one ever gives a damn about minorities.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    Obviously you stop the car and then change the tire.
    Any half competent programmer would keep the program executable code separate from the user data files. The data should be in a database. When you change program code, you are not required to change the database, which is where all the user inventory, exchange data, EC/dilithium counts should be stored in. All the user progress should be in a database which does not need to be changed, so the users don't lose anything. It's the executable code that caused the problem, not the user data.

To put it in your analogy, if all your money is stored in the trunk of the car, changing the tire won't make you lose all the money in the trunk of the car.

You seem to be working hard to blame the victims.

I'm a victim too. Should be and actually "are" are two different things. In a perfect world they would be separate. However it appears that this is not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    edited October 2013
    There's you problem, if you restart your computer CONTINUOUSLY, there isn't enough time for launcher to load before shut down...............

You obviously don't understand the meaning of what I was trying to get across
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    It's in their coding. If it was on my end (and the other various players with the same damned problem) we never would have been able to access in the past. Which is why the easiest solution is to roll back the patch and figure out what they screwed up, but no one ever gives a damn about minorities.

That's it play the race card. Some get Al Sharpton on the line................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    You obviously don't understand the meaning of what I was trying to get across

You obviously don't get sarcasm unless someone puts =Sarcasm start+ & =End Sarcasm+ before comment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    There is no race card. Have they shown any reason to believe their working on the solution? No! Have they shown any reason to want to take money and not offer anything? Yes!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    AL Shapton on the line here. He says "May God give the engineers the foresight to figure out how they screwed up!"
    edited October 2013
    They'll never know how they screwed up as they won't take the route that will get them there.
    edited October 2013
    There is no race card. Have they shown any reason to believe their working on the solution? No! Have they shown any reason to want to take money and not offer anything? Yes!

Again SARCASM.

Nonsarcasm: Has Branflakes posted comment? YES. Can situation be instantly fixed? NO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Oh they did, you have to read Branflakes comments again. Just a couple of pages back. Kthanks.

Yeah I even cut and pasted Branflakes comments. Seems patch affected Kyle's computer's abillity to read posts by Branflakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Do I see any new information? No! Is it so much to ask for some new information? No!
    edited October 2013
    affected, not effected,
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yes im mad that i havent been playing for the 5th day today, but hey I can live with it as long as they come out with a solution to this problem. Yes all 5 of my Chars are missing out on daily dilithium and the Crystal Shards but what can I do about it.

Just came back from best buy the type of graphics card they suggest for the game would cost anywhere between 100 - 200 dollars and no way im spending that much money, as this is the only game I play. The cheapest that might get me to play would run me about $65 plus another $50 for the installation.

I do hope that they come out with a solution to this, and yes its the patch that came out on thursday as up to an hour before they took servers down I was playing perfectly. All the solutions provided don't do anything for me.

I submitted a ticket on friday but have not gotten any response from my ticket. I proactively went and looked at other solutions on that link they have also saw solutions for other games but since they didn't apply to this game couldn't try them.

If it comes down to the worse case I will see if I can get that cheat graphics card and have it installed and see but that would already be several days if not maybe a bit over a week of not playing as i would have to wait till i had the money to buy it. but even before that Im already going to be charged for this months gold sub account.
    edited October 2013
    Effected means executed, produced, or brought about. For example, The dictatorial regime quickly effected changes to the constitution that restricted the freedom of the people. On the other hand, affected means impacted. It is the past tense of the verb form of affect means to impact. For example, Carbon dioxide emissions affected the environment.
    edited October 2013
    affected, not effected,

see patch made my keyboard wonkie too.... Thanks edited it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Effected means executed, produced, or brought about. For example, The dictatorial regime quickly effected changes to the constitution that restricted the freedom of the people. On the other hand, affected means impacted. It is the past tense of the verb form of affect means to impact. For example, Carbon dioxide emissions affected the environment.

Well said. No problem. Just typing without reading
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    I had read those posts, and none of them fixed the problem. Nor did they give any new information to their TRIBBLE up. Ya'll apparently don't know what it means to receive "new information".
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure I told you the exact opposite. I can empathize with your frustration; I have been playing STO since CB and not being able to play would be very upsetting. We are working as hard as we can to resolve this issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hah.

I've been getting randomly kicked from STO since Legacy of Romulus came out, and so have a lot of other players, there are even threads asking for help.

Still happening. How is this any different??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited October 2013
    there is some new information... the engineers are working on it! In between first breakfast, second breakfast, lunch and they're off for the day
    edited October 2013
    I had read those posts, and none of them fixed the problem. Nor did they give any new information to their TRIBBLE up. Ya'll apparently don't know what it means to receive "new information".

How can one expect new information? Problem in patch is like sifting through all the sand of a beach looking for that one grain of sand that is the problem. Can't post until found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    there is some new information... the engineers are working on it! In between first breakfast, second breakfast, lunch and they're off for the day

Darn, I missed second breakfast.....Blood sugar getting low
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm a victim too. Should be and actually "are" are two different things. In a perfect world they would be separate. However it appears that this is not

Ah since you are a victim too, then that means you are to blame. Since you don't have the latest and greatest computer hardware, you should go to hell along with the rest of us.

Read Brandon's post again:
    "We will not be rolling back that patch, as that would most likely mean we would be rolling back everyone's progress from the weekend. As others have pointed out, only a very small percent of players are affected; "

He said it was "most likely", not definitely.
    User data should be in a database. It does not make sense that changing executable code would change the database.

Everyone is making the assumption that it is only a small percent of people having that problem. How can that actually be measured? Take a poll from all the people that are online in STO and 100% of those people will say they are online lol.

At any point in time, only a small fraction of the total existing accounts would be online. Of those large majority of accounts of people who haven't even tried to log on during the last few days, how can anyone be certain that they don't have a problem either?
    Not everybody logs on every single day. If they don't log in for a week, there is no way of knowing if they have a problem or not.
    edited October 2013
    How can one expect new information? Problem in patch is like sifting through all the sand of a beach looking for that one grain of sand that is the problem. Can't post until found.

Again, return to the last stable patch. Then they can take all the time they want to find their TRIBBLE up.
    edited October 2013
    Again, return to the last stable patch. Then they can take all the time they want to find their TRIBBLE up.

And Again That would jack up everyone over last days since patch. See Branflakes post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And Again That would jack up everyone over last days since patch. See Branflakes post

Yes, that would have been fine on Thursday, maybe Friday but not now as yes they would mess up everyone whos been playing since then and yes i did want them to roll back but at this point i understand why they cant. They would have more angry players on their hands.
    edited October 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    Ah since you are a victim too, then that means you are to blame. Since you don't have the latest and greatest computer hardware, you should go to hell along with the rest of us.

Read Brandon's post again:
    "We will not be rolling back that patch, as that would most likely mean we would be rolling back everyone's progress from the weekend. As others have pointed out, only a very small percent of players are affected; "

He said it was "most likely", not definitely.
    User data should be in a database. It does not make sense that changing executable code would change the database.

Everyone is making the assumption that it is only a small percent of people having that problem. How can that actually be measured? Take a poll from all the people that are online in STO and 100% of those people will say they are online lol.

At any point in time, only a small fraction of the total existing accounts would be online. Of those large majority of accounts of people who haven't even tried to log on during the last few days, how can anyone be certain that they don't have a problem either?
    Not everybody logs on every single day. If they don't log in for a week, there is no way of knowing if they have a problem or not.

1% of 1,000,000,000,000 is ? Preach on Brother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Yes, that would have been fine on Thursday, maybe Friday but not now as yes they would mess up everyone whos been playing since then and yes i did want them to roll back but at this point i understand why they cant. They would have more angry players on their hands.

Finally someone who gets IT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013

Whenever we download any patch, our 'stuff' is still present. So there is no reason why they can't, other than the fact they won't.
    edited October 2013
    Whenever we download any patch, our 'stuff' is still present. So there is no reason why they can't, other than the fact they won't.

Yes, but the stuff acquired by the players who were able to play the last 5 days would lose/freeze/ jack up their stuff. If you were in their shoes, wouldn't you be just as irrate as you are now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    They haven't shown any signs that they even plan on fixing it.