test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Crashing after todays Patch (10-03-13) Brandon we tweeted about this, but I want to see if anyone else is experiencing this. So i hit engage and the Black Cryptic loading screen appear the loading bar move past the half way point and then after that i just crash no Character selection screen just Crash into the desktop. Anyone else having this issue?????
Post edited by richardevega on

Comments

• Options
    mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am haveing the issue too.. I dont know what cryptic did this time. but hopefully they will fix it..
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • Options
    phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Crashing after todays Patch (10-03-13) Brandon we tweeted about this, but I want to see if anyone else is experiencing this. So i hit engage and the Black Cryptic lading screen appear the loading bar move past the half way point and then after that i just crash no Character selection screen just PC Crash into the desktop. Anyone else having this issue?????

Same problem, same effect. I have no probs with neverwinter, yet after this mornings patch, everything went to hell. I just dropped $100.00 on this game, and I swear to Gawd, I'll put a stop on the charges and/or dispute them if someone doesn't get this fixed, and soon. The game is great.... When it's not crashing,lagging, binding, dropping servers and losing stuff.
    The problem is, (the game) is constantly crashing, binding .... etc. and nothing is changing for the better. Someone needs to speak to the overlords in Beijing, and let them know their foriegn currency cash cow is on it's last leg and they'll have to go back to selling tainted dog food if they don't save it. I hate microshaft xbox, but it isn't as screwed up as this, so maybe I'll go waste my funds there and keep most of it circulating in the U.S. instead.

(very DISGRUNTLED gamer)
  • Options
    nomad769nomad769 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i am having the issue too
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same problem...No problems logging on to Tribble. No problems with FarCry 3 high settings. Tried Holodeck Safe Mode and was able to log in but now can't seem to get out of Safe Mode. Force Verifying now...

Still just hanging on the LoR intro screen
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same problem...No problems logging on to Tribble. No problems with FarCry 3 high settings. Tried Holodeck Safe Mode and was able to log in but now can't seem to get out of Safe Mode. Force Verifying now...

Still just hanging on the LoR intro screen

I tried to log on to tribble a few minutes ago and crashed lol now downloading redshirt and seeing if i have the same problem.

K well official i can't log in to any ( Holodeck, Tribble, and Redshirt)
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OK I just got into Holodeck without clicking "Safe Mode." It works but now when I go to change resolution back, it's greyed out and I cant click it which leads me to believe I'm still in Safe Mode...Now I suppose I'll have to visit another thread for that...
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same issue here...
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Add my name to the list. I've tried it twice and gotten crashed out each time.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I manage to get in game and some bits but always crashes between loading ground and space i.e. beaming to staging area on new Romulus or beaming up from ESD to ship.

Three times its happened tonight so I am off to watch youtube or something.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    just noticed that it wont even allow it to gather the Crash report it shows this on BIG RED letters ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    same problem here, tried everything. Btw re-installing does nothing
  • Options
    dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. Was beginning to think you guys didn't want me playing!:D
  • Options
    popeye56popeye56 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Crashing after todays Patch (10-03-13) Brandon we tweeted about this, but I want to see if anyone else is experiencing this. So i hit engage and the Black Cryptic loading screen appear the loading bar move past the half way point and then after that i just crash no Character selection screen just Crash into the desktop. Anyone else having this issue?????
    Having same issue - I even went as far as to run ARC Repair - Also uninstalled and reinstalled game - no difference
    Force Verify does not fix and Safe Mode does not work on problem
    Even the recommendation of Disable Pando does not work either
    I hope they fix this soon
  • Options
    forsakencobraforsakencobra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i cant even get the launcher to update. I get to the very end of the update and then i recieve a message in the patch bar that says error 36 a file is locked and failed to open for writting does anyone else know how to fix this. i have tried to shut down my firewalls and i have tried to disable on demand patching but i am still not able to complete the patch
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you! I've passed along your reports. If more information is needed, or if I have any updates from the team, I'll be sure to post them here.

Hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I get as far as 2 thirds along the cryptic loading screen and it crashes... It isn't my computer because until this patch I had no problems what so ever
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thanks brandon
  • Options
    darknesswhithindarknesswhithin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    same here either that or having problems loading character screen
  • Options
    phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you! I've passed along your reports. If more information is needed, or if I have any updates from the team, I'll be sure to post them here.

Hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great maker! A reply from the heavens!

Seriously, thanx. I was beginning to think we were being ignored, and nobody likes paying to be ignored. Hopefully, this means we can be back to whining about some klingon episode, where the klingons are cheating, rather than not being able to be logged in to whine about the mad cheating klingons!
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same problem here: Applied patch, crashed on Cryptic loading screen. Attempted two more times (including a force verify), still crashed in same place. Rebooted computer, tried one more time without using Razor Game Booster (just in case there was some kind of new conflict), still crashed in the same place.

I don't recall if anyone above has mentioned any technical details, but just in case: I'm using an old "budget" laptop from 2008 (Toshiba Satellite A215, I think), Windows Vista, 3 GB RAM, AMD 128 MB integrated video card. It's not much, but it's been able to play STO with no problems for the past couple of years (even if I have to use lower graphics settings).

How about the rest of you? What kinds of systems are you using? Maybe there's a common denominator here that will help the devs squash the bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nithrielnithriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have the same problm. I have also an old laptop (almost 6 years old) and I also had to lower the graphics to play it but I could play it well until the last update. I use the Windows XP system.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *penny whistle* *crash*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Preparation A-G has failed, attempting preparation H
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Preparation H has failed :(
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gateway, about five years old, Windows Vista OS...

Still crashing, as well. Anyone else want to think that the game'll have to come down for an "Emergency Maintence" later tonight?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I do wonder who's making it through? the load almost completes for me before crashing. so it is a problem with a file...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    9 times having different files checked...

sigh...

anything? any word? what?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    on the 12th day of christmas, i still didn't load the game!