Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    That's essentially what we were told before the weekend. There is nothing new there. I will "chill" either when A) I have been compensated for their TRIBBLE up B) They roll back

They have not given me any proof that it's being worked on, heck they can't even admit they screwed up. All I have been told is that it's a problem with my machine. Funny how it all worked until the patch on the 3rd and they haven't done anything to fix their TRIBBLE up.

I think I ruptured my spleen laughing so hard if you think they will roll back patch or "comp" you anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Of course the ones who aren't affected by this TRIBBLE up look down on the ones that are affected.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    That is complete BS. When a patch is released there is no change in all your personal stuff. Essentially all they have to do is re-release the last patch and fix this one.

Patch'll RESET system to previous sets. anything aquired in game for players that were uneffected will be lost/ unusable/ or jack up the game etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Of course the ones who aren't affected by this TRIBBLE up look down on the ones that are affected.

I'm in the same boat as you. Do you really think I would be wasting my TIME on the forum if I could be playing the game????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's essentially what we were told before the weekend. There is nothing new there. I will "chill" either when A) I have been compensated for their TRIBBLE up B) They roll back

They have not given me any proof that it's being worked on, heck they can't even admit they screwed up. All I have been told is that it's a problem with my machine. Funny how it all worked until the patch on the 3rd and they haven't done anything to fix their TRIBBLE up.

What kind of proof would make you happy? What do you need to see to know they are working on it?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Your proof?
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    a video of a huge troll whipping the workers as they fix the game?
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What kind of 'proof' do you want? Signed affidavits from the Development Team's spouses saying that they haven't been home all weekend because they've been working on fixing Star Trek Online, perhaps?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Signed affidavits from the Development Team's spouses saying that they haven't been home all weekend because they've been working on fixing Star Trek Online, perhaps?

Housecalls like nerd herd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    What kind of proof would make you happy? What do you need to see to know they are working on it?

Continually updated information. All they have given us is a cut and paste message that hasn't done anything. If it had worked 4 days ago, like they said it would it wouldn't be a problem. Instead they keep giving us that bull reply. If you're paying for a servoce and it's down, and you have no info on what is being done/or an ETA on it being back up.

I have gotten neither, essentially leading to my money being stolen.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Continually updated information. All they have given us is a cut and paste message that hasn't done anything. If it had worked 4 days ago, like they said it would it wouldn't be a problem. Instead they keep giving us that bull reply. If you're paying for a surface and it's down, and you have no info on what is being done/or an ETA on it being back up.

Don't know what "surface" you're paying for, I usually pay for "service" not "servoce"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    If you pay for something and it doesn't work for you, while it supposedly works for other are you just going to be okay with that? Hmmmm?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Continually updated information. All they have given us is a cut and paste message that hasn't done anything. If it had worked 4 days ago, like they said it would it wouldn't be a problem. Instead they keep giving us that bull reply. If you're paying for a surface and it's down, and you have no info on what is being done/or an ETA on it being back up.

Well as of right now, if you are a sub you are at $2 of 'stolen' money. Time for a story.

4 years ago I worked for the redbox call centre. I worked there for two weeks before I quit. I had more than one person call in and actually scream at me over an extra $1 charge. I understand getting upset and wanting it corrected but screaming? That's excessive. I never take these types of calls serious so I just went along with them until one day the guy asked for my name and address and said he was filing a lawsuit against red box and me for a $3 charge on his account. He put him on hold and started laying my back end off. The next day O quit because of how serious people got over such little things.

My point? Relax and go outside. Life is worth living
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If you pay for something and it doesn't work for you, while it supposedly works for other are you just going to be okay with that? Hmmmm?

No, however when I go to the doctor and tell him " I'm sick." He May have to diagnosis what's wrong either by asking for more information or running tests. These things take time. Don't want to go in for a broken leg and get treated for an ear infection. still will have bad leg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Well as of right now, if you are a sub you are at $2 of 'stolen' money. Time for a story.

4 years ago I worked for the redbox call centre. I worked there for two weeks before I quit. I had more than one person call in and actually scream at me over an extra $1 charge. I understand getting upset and wanting it corrected but screaming? That's excessive. I never take these types of calls serious so I just went along with them until one day the guy asked for my name and address and said he was filing a lawsuit against red box and me for a $3 charge on his account. He put him on hold and started laying my back end off. The next day O quit because of how serious people got over such little things.

My point? Relax and go outside. Life is worth living

So you're also promoting bad customer service. Especially considering that has been zero customer service on this TRIBBLE up of theirs.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So you're also promoting bad customer service. Especially considering that has been zero customer service on this TRIBBLE up of theirs.

No he's implying you get better service through cooperation and communication, not ranting and raving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    No, however when I go to the doctor and tell him " I'm sick." He May have to diagnosis what's wrong either by asking for more information or running tests. These things take time. Don't want to go in for a broken leg and get treated for an ear infection. still will have bad leg.

That sounds like a form of magic and hocus pocus if you ask me and we all know what we do to witches eh!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Have you submitted a ticket? Gotten a response? Provide ANY info whatsoever?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013

I do realize things take time, but they never bothered to give any kind of update on the progress. That dug them in. You pay for something and it doesn't work you want to know something, more than the "Sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll still take your money" message. They have yet to do so.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

No I am implying [REDACTED]. Sorry I do not want to get a warning or banned. There has been multiple posts by a Dev but you just don't want to listen and do not like what you hear so you are ignoring that it ever happened.

I must say, selective reality is a fun place to be at times.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    that Sounds Like A Form Of Magic And Hocus Pocus If You Ask Me And We All Know What We Do To Witches Eh!

Lol Burn"em
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Have you submitted a ticket? Gotten a response? Provide ANY info whatsoever?

Which have gone unanswered.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No I am implying [REDACTED]. Sorry I do not want to get a warning or banned. There has been multiple posts by a Dev but you just don't want to listen and do not like what you hear so you are ignoring that it ever happened.

Those have contained the same information. Just because you change the wording does not make it new and updated.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Those have contained the same information. Just because you change the wording does not make it new and updated.

So aside from them stating that it is their top priority and that they are working on it with their best techs, what else do you want exactly? EXACTLY what do you want? Be specific.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Which have gone unanswered.

Must be BAD KHARMA on you. Submitted on Friday am. Got Reply requesting more info and suggested steps to try and send those in resubmitted ticket. It's Called being proactive not reactive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    EXACTLY what do you want? Be specific.

Updated information. They have had 4 days to give us something about the cause of this TRIBBLE up and a rough ETA, they have done neither.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So aside from them stating that it is their top priority and that they are working on it with their best techs, what else do you want exactly? EXACTLY what do you want? Be specific.

Perhaps he needs someone to come over in person to hold his hand, murmur "there,there"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Must be BAD KHARMA on you. Submitted on Friday am. Got Reply requesting more info and suggested steps to try and send those in resubmitted ticket. It's Called being proactive not reactive.

I submitted it once I couldn't get past the loading screen on the 3rd, following the update. I explained exactly what happened. Surprisingly it had gone unanswered.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I submitted it once I couldn't get past the loading screen on the 3rd, following the update. I explained exactly what happened. Surprisingly it had gone unanswered.

And I'm sure you tried all the steps listed in Post#107? instead of just ranting about poor service/surface/servoce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated information. They have had 4 days to give us something about the cause of this TRIBBLE up and a rough ETA, they have done neither.

An error in the code or a server and ASAP. They have in fact said they. It is stupid to give out an exact time as they probably do not have one and even if they did it would cause people like you to rage more because they did not get it done on that date.

Do you have anything else to do beside this? Perhaps school or work? Perhaps go out with some friends or family? Maybe even enjoy a walk outside?