What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The problem is, I'm German and I translate with google translate. does not pay attention to grammar. Sorry.

Cryptic is likely to change the image for season 8. The older graphics cards can not handle that. so it looks currently.

The question now is. cryptic undoes the change.

thank you i understand what your getting at but i wonder did you take in to account that the graphic problem is also affecting users who are using ATI cards that exceed the system requirement by a lot and i am also wondering if anyone has actually tried to do this if its actually possible because you know what they say:

you don't know until you try
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whatever they changed is conflicting with a driver on your system. And mine. And a few hundred others. Out of the .... hrm, anyone have a current estimate of the number of players? Doesn't matter - I'd take a stab at it and guess maybe 50 thousand? So 1 to 2 percent of the playerbase.

You guys wanna just keep whining and being insulting, go ahead. Only thing it'll get is this thread locked. It won't make this get fixed any faster.

This is suppose to be a support forum thread link... so far I haven't seen a whole lot of support from any tech team. So what else is there to do other than to show our discontent with the lack of service? No it won't get fixed faster and yet we have every right to speak our mind on the topic. I don't see where you see threats, and inults. The service on this has been lousy and that is fact... if it isn't resolved people say they will leave and that is also a fact not a threat. We have the freedom to speak these things here and we have to be able to voice our concerns that is purpose of a forum...discussion of various topics and issues, ie. discussion of bugs, problems etc is the category of this thread. that is what we are discussing in our way.

We have not threatened to harm anyone physically we have not called anyone a filthy name! We have asked questions of various types and we have begged and pleaded and past our patience wondering why we have been forgotten but have we really done anything wrong absolutely not... lock the thread? i would think its pretty well abandoned by the powers that be myself, that is worse than locked now don't you think?
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    bullshornbullshorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is suppose to be a support forum thread link... so far I haven't seen a whole lot of support from any tech team. So what else is there to do other than to show our discontent with the lack of service? No it won't get fixed faster and yet we have every right to speak our mind on the topic. I don't see where you see threats, and inults. The service on this has been lousy and that is fact... if it isn't resolved people say they will leave and that is also a fact not a threat. We have the freedom to speak these things here and we have to be able to voice our concerns that is purpose of a forum...discussion of various topics and issues, ie. discussion of bugs, problems etc is the category of this thread. that is what we are discussing in our way.

We have not threatened to harm anyone physically we have not called anyone a filthy name! We have asked questions of various types and we have begged and pleaded and past our patience wondering why we have been forgotten but have we really done anything wrong absolutely not... lock the thread? i would think its pretty well abandoned by the powers that be myself, that is worse than locked now don't you think?

This is a self-help support forum.
    No supporters are currently on the job. They all got sick and went to the local tavern to get better. Not saying it's about two years ago they went..
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the question is, why wasnt the patch rolled back, if so many people are experiencing a variety of issues?
  • Options
    dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Because a lot of people won't bother with checking forums or sending tickets. They'll just wait till it improves or they'll move on to another game.
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    taitie12 wrote: »
    don't mean to be an a$$hole but i don't really get what your trying to say please clean up your grammar a bit and maybe a more in depth answer to why this would not work thanks
    you dont read very well, He stated he is german and has to run every thing he posts through a online translator. you need to remember the internet covers the WHOLE world. many people on it only know their native language. so when some one tries to speak to you the only way they know how, through a online translator, please bre a bit more courtious.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the question is, why wasnt the patch rolled back, if so many people are experiencing a variety of issues?

Probably because the majority of STO players aren't having any problems... (Other then psychopathic holograms and suicidal singing klingons in the background sounds of ESD, I haven't had any serious problems...)

Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because you have issues, that everyone else must have issues as well...
  • Options
    kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Probably because the majority of STO players aren't having any problems... (Other then psychopathic holograms and suicidal singing klingons in the background sounds of ESD, I haven't had any serious problems...)

Don't make the mistake of assuming that just because you have issues, that everyone else must have issues as well...

That shouldn't matter. It's poor customer service to ignore even 1% of said customer base.
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ok tried to get on this morning

everything loads up fine

i get loaded into leonis omega block

IMMEDIATELY I get "server not responding" then Disconnected from the server
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    well, now PWE is open, anything from them yet? Any response?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    well, now PWE is open, anything from them yet? Any response?

Seeing as this is post #313, and their current customer service level probably not. What we need is an EMERGENCY patch, or a roll back. They choose not to do so, and munch on the money subscribers have payed, while we get nothing!
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wow so they are back and branflakes is answering tweets, so it does seem like the last patch messed up a lot ESD has for some reason there are red alert sirens going off on ESD? the ingame sounds are going nuts. What is this sorcery. lol some of the tweets that he has gotten
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Morning, Captains. Our best Engineers we have continue to investigate. The following info I posted on Friday still holds true:
    While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

If the above does not help, please file the tech support ticket mentioned. Note: Only 1 ticket should be filed and filing more will not get you help any faster, and can actually slow down the ticketing process. Please include your crash # if you receive one.

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!

EDIT:
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    That shouldn't matter. It's poor customer service to ignore even 1% of said customer base.

I can empathize with you that you feel this way, but I've responded to this thread each day your issue has persisted (with exception to the weekend since I was AFK). We've got our best Engineers looking into this and I appreciate your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Brandon. We thank you for your efforts, we do.

What we're frustrated at is, that while they are indeed looking at it, they have not rolled back the patch and sent it back to tribble. There are God knows how many tickets filed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I tried to defend you Flakes.. I really really did. I deserve a pat on the back I think.

yep same here i told them u are usually off during the weekends and that your just replaying info to the appropriate persons
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Again we're given the same excuse that is our systems. This is not effective customer service. They don't even want to admit that it's their fault. The only decision would be to roll back the patch, which everyone had no problem with and work it out.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Brandon. We thank you for your efforts, we do.

What we're frustrated at is, that while they are indeed looking at it, they have not rolled back the patch and sent it back to tribble. There are God knows how many tickets filed.

We will not be rolling back that patch, as that would most likely mean we would be rolling back everyone's progress from the weekend. As others have pointed out, only a very small percent of players are affected; However, we are treating the issue as our top priority as if everyone was affected -- it's all hands on deck for our Engineers. I am on the email thread about the issue between the Engineers and they are investigating and working to triage.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm one of the silent people who was waiting and hoping the problem would get fixed. Ever since the Oct 3 patch it has been crashing at around 70-75% point on the loading screen for me too.

I don't understand why it would be a video card problem as some people have speculated if the program is only loading and not displaying any graphics yet. My video has more video RAM than the minimum requirement (I have Intel video built into the motherboard and it's not possible to change video card on it.) And I also don't see why some people have been blaming the people who have that problem. If your program is running fine, then why are you posting on this thread at all.

The one thing that is common is after the Oct 3 patch, the program crashes at around the 70-75% point. From the length of this thread, it doesn't look like an insignificant number of people have been having this problem. Sorry, but I don't think shutting down this thread and telling people who have this problem to go to hell is a very good solution.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Branflakes, I mentioned this problem to someone else and they brought up what I consider a reasonable question...

Why are the patches released on Thursday when there's so little time to fix any resulting problems before the weekend instead of on, say, Monday or Tuesday?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I like your question Turbo.

Sigh, I don't mean a rollback of all the events, but can we undo the patch itself? Then extend the events by 5 days?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Having been 4 days it doesn't seem to be a priority. While paying customer are having their money 'stolen' (as it won't be refunded for lost time) and missing out on the special event for an issue based on a released patch, that is essentially forced upon us. Since we're a small percentage we're considered expendable.
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We will not be rolling back that patch, as that would most likely mean we would be rolling back everyone's progress from the weekend. As others have pointed out, only a very small percent of players are affected; However, we are treating the issue as our top priority as if everyone was affected -- it's all hands on deck for our Engineers. I am on the email thread about the issue between the Engineers and they are investigating and working to triage.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

As much as I would love for Cryptic to rollback the patch, I understand that it would affect other players. I would appreciate acknowledgement of the 6 hours I spent collecting info to resubmit ticket info that was requested. Good Luck to the engineers and fingers crossed for quick solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    sfsfarrolasfsfarrola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The reason for the patches being updated on Thursday is because it is the quietest time in STO, so therefore, less disruption to the rest of the community. I understand what your saying, it annoys me as well, but it is for a good reason and you need to bear in mind that 95% of the patches that are updated do work without a problem. Just hang in there, I'm trying to as well. Hopefully get some results soon, but dont be surprised that this doesnt get fix before Thursday with another patch. If at all, not what I want to hear, but that might be the reality of it...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »

I don't understand why it would be a video card problem as some people have speculated if the program is only loading and not displaying any graphics yet. My video has more video RAM than the minimum requirement (I have Intel video built into the motherboard and it's not possible to change video card on it.) And I also don't see why some people have been blaming the people who have that problem. If your program is running fine, then why are you posting on this thread at all.

Same here its built into the motherboard but thank god I recalled having vent and a fleet member told me that if it is the graphics card I can bypass the built in and add another one and use that. But if that is the case I would have to buy the cheapest one as I really dont have the money to buy one even a good one
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just another reason to show that they think we're expendable.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    remember that not everyone works weekends that why I knew it wouldnt be fixed over the weekend. Even tho yes im somewhat sad that I cant get in im just waiting to see if they can fix it.

But so far we have gather that most of us having this issue are using somewhat older computers say 5yrs or older with the few exceptions of a few newer computers and that we all seem to be missing that patchxfer.log or what ever file that is when gathering the crash report and finally that we all crash in the same spot between 75-80% on the Cryptic loading screen.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    The one thing that is common is after the Oct 3 patch, the program crashes at around the 70-75% point. From the length of this thread, it doesn't look like an insignificant number of people have been having this problem. Sorry, but I don't think shutting down this thread and telling people who have this problem to go to hell is a very good solution.

Yet that's all they have done, along with thievery.
  • Options
    sfsfarrolasfsfarrola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone else spotted this...

When I launcher STO and it goes through the patching phase, if I close the window before I engage, then restart the launcher with the verify switched on, it will still try to patch 1 file, dx3dx9_37.dll, I've looked up what this file is which is a DirectX file. Does anyone else get this, or similar?