What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I Like It, 'cept for possible loss to player items who have been playing.... but I like it

no see i dont they they would loose anything because like they stated everything would be there as they re release with like i said a new addition nothing major that way all players who have played would get to keep what they have and we would be able to access the game
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    Exactly. Like I said, after every patch have you ever lost an item? I know I haven't.

AGAIN, players who have been playing MAY lose/freeze/jack up items they have acquired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We should be working together and giving branflakes as much information as possible so we can all play S.T.O.L as soon as possible. Yes its frustrating but fingers crossed when the next patch comes Thursday it will work!! Hopefully. IT just means I have to talk to my wife more :-(
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    no see i dont they they would loose anything because like they stated everything would be there as they re release with like i said a new addition nothing major that way all players who have played would get to keep what they have and we would be able to access the game

Items acquired since patch, don't know since I like you all have been unable to play game and do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    AGAIN, players who have been playing MAY lose/freeze/jack up items they have acquired.

If it's re-released as a 'new' patch, no.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dont call it a roll back people call it a re-release better say add a new tittle to the old patch or something that way player who have played for the last 5 days keep their stuff intact and not messed up and that way we can access the game
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gitto82 wrote: »
    We should be working together and giving branflakes as much information as possible so we can all play S.T.O.L as soon as possible. Yes its frustrating but fingers crossed when the next patch comes Thursday it will work!! Hopefully. IT just means I have to talk to my wife more :-(

Voice of reason isn't spoken here. Only sarcasm and anger. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    dont call it a roll back people call it a re-release better say add a new tittle to the old patch or something that way player who have played for the last 5 days keep their stuff intact and not messed up and that way we can access the game

Better, if possible. Not likely though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Only not likely because they would refuse to even do it because we are only the expendable minority.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Only not likely because they would refuse to even do it because we are only the expendable minority.

If you really believe you are that expendable, I don't believe you think as highly of yourself as you should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't think I'm expendable. They think we are because they haven't done anything to fix their mess.

My current support tickets have gone unanswered as yet, so why would I fill another one out to be unanswered?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't think I'm expendable. They think we are because they haven't done anything to fix their mess.

My current support tickets have gone unanswered as yet, so why would I fill another one out to be unanswered?

I think you forget that you are not the only one with this problem. We all would love to get back to playing. As much as we all would love a quick fix, the earliest I'd expect one would be Thursday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    The simplest way would be to re-release the last patch as suggested.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OCD on repatch, old patch. give em time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Morning, Captains. Our best Engineers we have continue to investigate. The following info I posted on Friday still holds true:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
    While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
    If the above does not help, please file the tech support ticket mentioned. Note: Only 1 ticket should be filed and filing more will not get you help any faster, and can actually slow down the ticketing process. Please include your crash # if you receive one.

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If it comes down to the worse case I will see if I can get that cheat graphics card and have it installed and see but that would already be several days if not maybe a bit over a week of not playing as i would have to wait till i had the money to buy it. but even before that Im already going to be charged for this months gold sub account.
    Richard, I suggest that A) you don't go buy even a cheap graphics card. I'm not *sure* that would fix it for you. And B) go cancel your gold sub. You can always go back and renew when things get fixed, and free-to-play will get you back in the door if/when things get fixed.

If you're *dying* to play and have to try the graphics card, get something really cheap. I'm talking $10-$20 from Newegg cheap.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Morning, Captains. Our best Engineers we have continue to investigate. The following info I posted on Friday still holds true:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
    While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
    If the above does not help, please file the tech support ticket mentioned. Note: Only 1 ticket should be filed and filing more will not get you help any faster, and can actually slow down the ticketing process. Please include your crash # if you receive one.

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!

they removed the support article....

i wonder if it has to do with a ingame item\
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Actually its working just fine, ooops well the link wont work when we quote it for some reason but works fine if u go to the original post
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    man, if this was in person, i think my neck would swivel off...
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A lot of people have been wondering about the veracity of this statement:
    We will not be rolling back that patch, as that would most likely mean we would be rolling back everyone's progress from the weekend.

They ask, "Wouldn't the player database be separate from the rest of the code that's updated in a patch? If so, why would rolling back the patch affect anyone's progress?"

Well, I haven't seen anyone else bring this up yet, but I think I have a reasonable hypothesis for why this might be the case: Season 8 is coming very soon. This patch was pretty big, IIRC, and it might have had some of the updated architecture they'll be using in Season 8. That being the case, it is entirely possible that the player database had some significant changes in the last patch (e.g. placeholders for or hidden versions of new reputation tracks, etc., that won't be visible until Season 8 actually launches), and now a simple rollback isn't really a viable option without nullifying a lot of play time for everyone else.

Now, for those of you who seem intent on ranting about this and insisting that no one is communicating anything about it, please refer yourself to this:
    As others have pointed out, only a very small percent of players are affected; However, we are treating the issue as our top priority as if everyone was affected -- it's all hands on deck for our Engineers. I am on the email thread about the issue between the Engineers and they are investigating and working to triage.

That's all the detail they have at the moment. It might not be much, but it is an answer: They're working on it. When they have more to report, I'm sure they'll do so.

I know it sucks to pay for something and then be unable to use it -- I'm a gold member, so I'm in the same boat. However, you have to dial down the umbrage here: It's not "thievery" when the party involved is making a good faith effort to provide the service you're buying, and there is no reason whatsoever to think that this is not the case at this time. Just because you're not able to look over the shoulders of the engineers as they try to hammer out the problem does not mean they aren't doing it. Hell, they might have been working all weekend for all we know. (Just because Branflakes was off on the weekend doesn't mean the engineers were as well.)

Finally, keep some perspective: This is Day 5 of no access for me. At the highest subscription rate ($15/month), you're basically paying $0.50 a day, so the most anyone has spent on unplayable game time is $2.50 so far. Yes, that adds up and the longer it goes, the more appropriate it becomes for Cryptic to consider some kind of pro-rated refund or other compensation for those affected ... but we're definitely not there yet.

That said, Cryptic, I certainly wouldn't mind if you give us gold members our $0.50/day in the form of 50 zen for every day we can't log in.

Hey, doesn't hurt to ask, right? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sarlik wrote: »
    A lot of people have been wondering about the veracity of this statement:

They ask, "Wouldn't the player database be separate from the rest of the code that's updated in a patch? If so, why would rolling back the patch affect anyone's progress?"

Well, I haven't seen anyone else bring this up yet, but I think I have a reasonable hypothesis for why this might be the case: Season 8 is coming very soon. This patch was pretty big, IIRC, and it might have had some of the updated architecture they'll be using in Season 8. That being the case, it is entirely possible that the player database had some significant changes in the last patch (e.g. placeholders for or hidden versions of new reputation tracks, etc., that won't be visible until Season 8 actually launches), and now a simple rollback isn't really a viable option without nullifying a lot of play time for everyone else.

Now, for those of you who seem intent on ranting about this and insisting that no one is communicating anything about it, please refer yourself to this:

That's all the detail they have at the moment. It might not be much, but it is an answer: They're working on it. When they have more to report, I'm sure they'll do so.

I know it sucks to pay for something and then be unable to use it -- I'm a gold member, so I'm in the same boat. However, you have to dial down the umbrage here: It's not "thievery" when the party involved is making a good faith effort to provide the service you're buying, and there is no reason whatsoever to think that this is not the case at this time. Just because you're not able to look over the shoulders of the engineers as they try to hammer out the problem does not mean they aren't doing it. Hell, they might have been working all weekend for all we know. (Just because Branflakes was off on the weekend doesn't mean the engineers were as well.)

Finally, keep some perspective: This is Day 5 of no access for me. At the highest subscription rate ($15/month), you're basically paying $0.50 a day, so the most anyone has spent on unplayable game time is $2.50 so far. Yes, that adds up and the longer it goes, the more appropriate it becomes for Cryptic to consider some kind of pro-rated refund or other compensation for those affected ... but we're definitely not there yet.

That said, Cryptic, I certainly wouldn't mind if you give us gold members our $0.50/day in the form of 50 zen for every day we can't log in.

Hey, doesn't hurt to ask, right? :D

You said it better than I could.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains. I wanted to give you a heads up that we're still working on a resolution. Unfortunately, we most likely will not have one in time for our account server maintenance tomorrow (info), so we wouldn't be able to resolve it during this downtime. If this changes, I will let you know, but I at least wanted to keep you in the loop.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    johnsonmyrejohnsonmyre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the utmost faith in you, Branflakes. I wish you and your team swift success, lessons learned, and numerous partners with which to perform whatever tasks you find enjoyable as reward. Good day, sir.
  • Options
    shimminshimmin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I bookmarked this thread to check back every day if it had been resolved. Ahh well I have other things to do in the mean time. Gold member here and the only annoyance I have is I wont get my shards now. But it isnt life or death now is it people.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, I was finally able to log in today. The Cryptic loading screen took its sweet time though, but I made it in.

Since they can't roll back, I hope they have a fix in store for everyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well, I was finally able to log in today. The Cryptic loading screen took its sweet time though, but I made it in.

Since they can't roll back, I hope they have a fix in store for everyone.

Where u having trouble before like us and if so did u change anything to get in???

If most of us are having the same issue dont know how some are managing to get in without changing anything, every time i try to launch the game I always crash in the same place the 75-80% mark
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Where u having trouble before like us and if so did u change anything to get in???

Yes, I was timing out at the Cryptic screen as stated in two of my posts earlier in this thread.

And no, as far as I know, I didn't do anything different.
  • Options
    banek8banek8 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We will not be rolling back that patch, as that would most likely mean we would be rolling back everyone's progress from the weekend. As others have pointed out, only a very small percent of players are affected; However, we are treating the issue as our top priority as if everyone was affected -- it's all hands on deck for our Engineers. I am on the email thread about the issue between the Engineers and they are investigating and working to triage.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So lemme just try to clarify a few things here ...

There was a good point about updates being done on thursdays which leaves very little room for any emergency changes ... But if it is as someone said, that it's the time with the least "traffic" I assume that you have some way of measuring the amount of "traffic", so my question is, just how much was traffic affected this weekend after the oct 3rd patch?

I ask this because there are still new people coming to this thread, which means there are many more out there that are basically just waiting for the issue to be resolved or are playing other games ...

This is the absolutely first time that I'm talking on any forum thread about a game not working, so I am sure that there are people like that out there ... This is also the very first time that I was sending any crash reports or "tickets" about a game not working, all of that just because I really, really, REALLY want to play the game, but my point is, that tickets ARE NOT a good way to measure how many people have a problem with the game, even less so are comments in the forum ...

So compared to the average for a weekend, for how much of a % did the amount of players fall (people that can't get in the game), and for how much of a % did the playing time decrease (people that experience issues during the game and don't play as much as they would)?

I believe that somewhere you said it's a small percentage of people affected (those that aren't playing the game + those that have significantly decreased their play time), so I'm wondering just how much that is, 0.1%, 1%, 2,5%, 5%?