test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    A simple roll back the patch and fix the issue would be the answer at the moment. But they stated they won't because the minority isn't cared about, but only our $$$.

They can't roll back the patch without rolling back everything that has happened in game since the patch. That has already been explained.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Dude, they haven't fixed sto yet... We need you to pull your weight, please. Get angrier, please.

lmfao lol MAWAAHAAAA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, but the stuff acquired by the players who were able to play the last 5 days would lose/freeze/ jack up their stuff. If you were in their shoes, wouldn't you be just as irrate as you are now?

Last time I checked, every patch that I've downloaded my stuff has always been there without problems. There weren't any new items in with this patch either.
    edited October 2013
    They haven't shown any signs that they even plan on fixing it.

The first step in fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem. Which THEY HAVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And Again That would jack up everyone over last days since patch. See Branflakes post

And again, that's what you are assuming. Not even Branflakes was sure that would happen. He said likely, not a certainty.
    Obviously you roll back the executable files, you don't roll back the database.
    If you don't roll back the database, the users should not lose progress.

The 1% was just what some random poster made up. He couldn't possibly have made any accurate measurement. So now everybody repeats that same made up number.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    we dont actually need then to roll it back what we need them to do is to re-release the old patch before 10-03-13 say maybe add 1 new thing and see if that will get us in that way ppl who have been playing dont loose anything and also wont get mad
    edited October 2013
    Last time I checked, every patch that I've downloaded my stuff has always been there without problems. There weren't any new items in with this patch either.

But the players that have been playing will have more/less/different items in the last 5 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    They can't roll back the patch without rolling back everything that has happened in game since the patch. That has already been explained.

Show Proof.
    edited October 2013
    we dont actually need then to roll it back what we need them to do is to re-release the old patch before 10-03-13 say maybe add 1 new thing and see if that will get us in that way ppl who have been playing dont loose anything and also wont get mad

I Like It, 'cept for possible loss to player items who have been playing.... but I like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Show Proof.

Proving a negative is nearly impossible. Be Positive... OOPS forgot sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013

Exactly. Like I said, after every patch have you ever lost an item? I know I haven't.
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    It's your word against Branflakes.

I tend to side with Branflakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    I Like It, 'cept for possible loss to player items who have been playing.... but I like it

When have you ever lost an item following a patch?
    edited October 2013

no see i dont they they would loose anything because like they stated everything would be there as they re release with like i said a new addition nothing major that way all players who have played would get to keep what they have and we would be able to access the game
    edited October 2013
    Exactly. Like I said, after every patch have you ever lost an item? I know I haven't.

AGAIN, players who have been playing MAY lose/freeze/jack up items they have acquired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We should be working together and giving branflakes as much information as possible so we can all play S.T.O.L as soon as possible. Yes its frustrating but fingers crossed when the next patch comes Thursday it will work!! Hopefully. IT just means I have to talk to my wife more :-(
    edited October 2013
    no see i dont they they would loose anything because like they stated everything would be there as they re release with like i said a new addition nothing major that way all players who have played would get to keep what they have and we would be able to access the game

Items acquired since patch, don't know since I like you all have been unable to play game and do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    AGAIN, players who have been playing MAY lose/freeze/jack up items they have acquired.

If it's re-released as a 'new' patch, no.
    edited October 2013
    dont call it a roll back people call it a re-release better say add a new tittle to the old patch or something that way player who have played for the last 5 days keep their stuff intact and not messed up and that way we can access the game
    edited October 2013
    gitto82 wrote: »
    We should be working together and giving branflakes as much information as possible so we can all play S.T.O.L as soon as possible. Yes its frustrating but fingers crossed when the next patch comes Thursday it will work!! Hopefully. IT just means I have to talk to my wife more :-(

Voice of reason isn't spoken here. Only sarcasm and anger. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    dont call it a roll back people call it a re-release better say add a new tittle to the old patch or something that way player who have played for the last 5 days keep their stuff intact and not messed up and that way we can access the game

Better, if possible. Not likely though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Only not likely because they would refuse to even do it because we are only the expendable minority.
    edited October 2013
    Only not likely because they would refuse to even do it because we are only the expendable minority.

If you really believe you are that expendable, I don't believe you think as highly of yourself as you should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    I don't think I'm expendable. They think we are because they haven't done anything to fix their mess.

My current support tickets have gone unanswered as yet, so why would I fill another one out to be unanswered?
    edited October 2013
    I don't think I'm expendable. They think we are because they haven't done anything to fix their mess.

My current support tickets have gone unanswered as yet, so why would I fill another one out to be unanswered?

I think you forget that you are not the only one with this problem. We all would love to get back to playing. As much as we all would love a quick fix, the earliest I'd expect one would be Thursday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    The simplest way would be to re-release the last patch as suggested.
    edited October 2013
    OCD on repatch, old patch. give em time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Morning, Captains. Our best Engineers we have continue to investigate. The following info I posted on Friday still holds true:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
    While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
    If the above does not help, please file the tech support ticket mentioned. Note: Only 1 ticket should be filed and filing more will not get you help any faster, and can actually slow down the ticketing process. Please include your crash # if you receive one.

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If it comes down to the worse case I will see if I can get that cheat graphics card and have it installed and see but that would already be several days if not maybe a bit over a week of not playing as i would have to wait till i had the money to buy it. but even before that Im already going to be charged for this months gold sub account.
    Richard, I suggest that A) you don't go buy even a cheap graphics card. I'm not *sure* that would fix it for you. And B) go cancel your gold sub. You can always go back and renew when things get fixed, and free-to-play will get you back in the door if/when things get fixed.

If you're *dying* to play and have to try the graphics card, get something really cheap. I'm talking $10-$20 from Newegg cheap.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Morning, Captains. Our best Engineers we have continue to investigate. The following info I posted on Friday still holds true:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
    While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
    If the above does not help, please file the tech support ticket mentioned. Note: Only 1 ticket should be filed and filing more will not get you help any faster, and can actually slow down the ticketing process. Please include your crash # if you receive one.

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!

they removed the support article....

i wonder if it has to do with a ingame item\