Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    megtrekkie wrote: »
    dose this apply buy doin it every day before a new article comes out or is it at 10am PDT you have to claim it at that time

You will have approximately 23 hours and 59 minutes each day from the start of each give-a-way to the end, to claim the item.

You'll have to figure out what those hours are based on your own Time Zone.

For players living in California, it will be 10 AM each day.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    killerklown11killerklown11 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just thank you.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    What is it about Account Wide you don't get?

Just like if you Buy a Ship from the C-Store, it is available for all your toons of the appropriate faction.

Past.., Present..., and Future.

;)

Well Davy now that you work for them can you confirm 2 things:

1. Will they be giving away a T5 Connie?

2. Will the turn the BDSM club "The Stronghold" on Nibus 3 into a social zone?
  • Options
    ekxibekxib Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Free items sound good.

Now i have a questions (i dont understood all in this thread):

- The items are free bound in the account or only bound for character??

- The item of the monday will be avaible from monday 10 pdt to tuesday 9:59 pdt or only at 10 o'clock of the monday??
  • Options
    edited August 2013

1) Only in BOTH of Our Dreams.

2) Only in MY Dreams.

:P

And yes, after three years of working for Them under-cover...,

They are finally paying me next week, with FIVE FREE C-Store Items!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED...

;)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Question: You said there would be several ships, and I'm at my max amount of ships (don't have the zen to buy more slots right now). So, if I discard one of my current ships, claim the free ship, will I be able to reclaim the free ship from the c store? I'm wondering, because I'd have to throw away the free ship to make room for the next free ship.

Account-wide. You can reclaim them whenever you want.

It has in fact been stated both in the blog and by Brandon in the thread that it is account-wide.

Therefore, this instance of sarcasm was extremely uncalled for.
    ekxib wrote: »
    Free items sound good.

Now i have a questions (i dont understood all in this thread):

- The items are free bound in the account or only bound for character??

- The item of the monday will be avaible from monday 10 pdt to tuesday 9:59 pdt or only at 10 o'clock of the monday??

1. The items are for free, and you must claim them on any eligible character BEFORE the event ends in order to be capable of claiming it on other characters.

2. The items will be available for 24 hours. In other words, from 10 PDT on Monday to 9:59:59:99 PDT on Tuesday, to use your example. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is nice!

I'm really curious to see what we're gonna get
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, great surprise. I wonder how many complain threads there will be about missing a certain day's reward...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »

It has in fact been stated both in the blog and by Brandon in the thread that it is account-wide.

1. The items are for free, and you must claim them on any eligible character BEFORE the event ends in order to be capable of claiming it on other characters.

2. The items will be available for 24 hours. In other words, from 10 PDT on Monday to 9:59:59:99 PDT on Tuesday, to use your example. :P

I like Sarcasm...

You don't have to defend me (though I thank you), I can handle it.

I's got wide shoulders... :D
  • Options
    ekxibekxib Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thx for your answer!!
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because of the Arc issue, in particular, and other issues in general, I remain hopeful yet pessimistic.

Great. Now PWE has me in a permanent state of suspecting ulterior motives.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

It was not sarcasm - I just happen to know 2 things that Davy would like in game - and I have no problems with either:eek::P

Frankly I would love them to make "The Stronghold" club into a social instance - it's the best map in the game that I have ever seen which could easily be turned into a social zone. The rest are pretty lame or tame - depending on how you look at it.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't mind some free fed stuff lol I already own everything a kdf player can get lol.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Question: You said there would be several ships, and I'm at my max amount of ships (don't have the zen to buy more slots right now). So, if I discard one of my current ships, claim the free ship, will I be able to reclaim the free ship from the c store? I'm wondering, because I'd have to throw away the free ship to make room for the next free ship.

You'll need available ship slots in order to claim it. If you claim a ship from the C-Store, and dismiss it, you can reclaim it later.
    pissycuta wrote: »
    Mr. Branflakes you said the item(s) will be account unlock, does this mean that once claimed on one character they will act as real zen purchases, account wide unlock forever, including newly created characters? Or is a 1 day account unlock where we can claim one on any/every character we have but then it goes back to normal?

It works just like any other account unlock you buy, except you are "buying" the items we are giving away for "0 Zen" during the day they are free. You can claim it on future characters you make if they are of the appropriate level/ faction and meet eligibility (e.g. you have enough ship slots if it's a ship).
    @branflakes:

Bran, do we have to log in on every single character to claim a ship or once it is claimed on one character it is permanently claimed for the entire account for as long as the account, or the game, exists?

No :) Just once -- it's an account-wide unlock.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It was not sarcasm - I just happen to know 2 things that Davy would like in game - and I have no problems with either:eek::P

Frankly I would love them to make "The Stronghold" club into a social instance - it's the best map in the game that I have ever seen which could easily be turned into a social zone. The rest are pretty lame or tame - depending on how you look at it.

Damn...

Am I THAT Obvious???

<chuckle>
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow. This sounds pretty cool. Thanks Cryptic.

It'll be interesting to see what they give away. I've made many purchases already, surely I have most things, but not all. I expect that I'll get at least one or two free things that I haven't already purchased. Too bad no Romulan stuff, I think the new TNG Romulan costume is the only outfit set I don't have.

To be clear, I am not complaining. I do not regret a single penny I've spent on this game to support it. If those items are now given away for free, I'm happy for others! And it's an excellent chance to get account-wide unlocks on my alt-Silver account.

It's pretty cool that for ship days you'll give away two, one for each Fed and KDF. That's a neat spin! A lot of people will get two prizes those days.

What isn't cool is how many cynics there are. I suppose Cryptic's earned them, but still... Sad to see. :rolleyes: Also, how many people keep asking the same questions (like if the items are account-wide unlocks) that are clearly described in the blog. It's called Reading Comprehension, people. Get some! LOL :D

Anyway, thanks again. Lookin' forward to next week!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ekxib wrote: »
    Thx for your answer!!

LoL...

Feeling like 'chopped-liver' at the moment.

:cool:
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Damn...

Am I THAT Obvious???

<chuckle>

Yes. :P
    /10chars
    I need a beer.

• Options
    blackblackwyrmblackblackwyrm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretty cool bran, and on a time table I can take part in too. My deepest thanks to you guys at Cryptic.
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's awesome. Free stuff is always nice, I don't really care WHAT it is. Especially free account-wide things.

Thanks, STO Team!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow. This sounds pretty cool. Thanks Cryptic.

It'll be interesting to see what they give away. I've made many purchases already, surely I have most things, but not all. I expect that I'll get at least one or two free things that I haven't already purchased. Too bad no Romulan stuff, I think the new TNG Romulan costume is the only outfit set I don't have.

To be clear, I am not complaining. I do not regret a single penny I've spent on this game to support it. If those items are now given away for free, I'm happy for others! And it's an excellent chance to get account-wide unlocks on my alt-Silver account.

It's pretty cool that for ship days you'll give away two, one for each Fed and KDF. That's a neat spin! A lot of people will get two prizes those days.

What isn't cool is how many cynics there are. I suppose Cryptic's earned them, but still... Sad to see. :rolleyes: Also, how many people keep asking the same questions (like if the items are account-wide unlocks) that are clearly described in the blog. It's called Reading Comprehension, people. Get some! LOL :D

I'm not so sure about that...

My guess.... (I have no proof) is that we'll be able to claim ONE OF EITHER, but Not Both.

But I hope I'm wrong in this case.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes. :P
    /10chars

Welll...

I guess it's slightly better than being 'Oblivious'. :P
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not so sure about that...

My guess.... (I have no proof) is that we'll be able to claim ONE OF EITHER, but Not Both.

You're probably wrong. ;)

When they did something similar a ways back with the TOS Constitution and a KDF equivalent (although that was a level 21 ship at that point), you could get both claimed (although they had to be on the appropriate factioned characters). This will probably work the same way.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Welll...

I guess it's slightly better than being 'Oblivious'. :P

I think you should make a thread in the main section about turning "The Stronghold" into a social zone which players could beam down to - separate from the mission.

It would be the most interesting one in the game by a mile - and since it is already a mission availible to all - I don't think it should be that big a deal.

Frankly I think it would become one of the most popular - just add a commodity vendor/pirate - bank and mail - that place would be rocking!!

Right now I don't see as much reason to go to Nibus 3 and it is a overall the best new planet in a long time - needs more life/people!
  • Options
    captaindoug1captaindoug1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok because I was wondering what are they going to be.
    I was Captain_Doug just FYI
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think you should make a thread in the main section about turning "The Stronghold" into a social zone which players could beam down to - separate from the mission.

It would be the most interesting one in the game by a mile - and since it is already a mission availible to all - I don't think it should be that big a deal.

Frankly I think it would become one of the most popular - just add a commodity vendor/pirate - bank and mail - that place would be rocking!!

Right now I don't see as much reason to go to Nibus 3 and it is a overall the best new planet in a long time - needs more life/people!

While I agree the place would be spectacular as a Social Area...

It would also become THE HOT SPOT for a certain fleet to descend upon and create such havoc that even General Chang would avoid the place.

:eek:
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, how many people keep asking the same questions (like if the items are account-wide unlocks) that are clearly described in the blog. It's called Reading Comprehension, people. Get some! LOL :D

Reading Comprehension

Is that one of the upcomming reputation passives , which grants a bonus to game experience :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    While I agree the place would be spectacular as a Social Area...

It would also become THE HOT SPOT for a certain fleet to descend upon and create such havoc that even General Chang would avoid the place.

:eek:

That is a risk with all places in game and in real life!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ...My guess.... (I have no proof) is that we'll be able to claim ONE OF EITHER, but Not Both.

You're wrong, Mr. Chopped Liver. :P

Brandon specifically said:
    And on the days (yes, days plural!) that we're giving away a ship, there will be a KDF ship and Fed ship (you'll need to claim each on the appropriate, eligible character). So, there will actually be more than 5 ;)
    More than 5 prizes. You can claim both.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »
    Reading Comprehension

Is that one of the upcomming reputation passives , which grants a bonus to game experience :D
    Indeed!

In my day it was like a Grade 3 passive, I'm not sure if "these kids today" qualify until they get their post-graduate honours.

LOL

I feel so old.

Oh, and get offa mah lawn! >shakes fist<

:D