What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People hate the new green phasers

Comments

• Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do you realize that cryptic doesnt care anymore for the colors of the weapons?? they change everything cuz they have a lot of time to waste. The phasers should be reddish, maybe a little green but thats all. The transphasic clusters should be yellow, same as the transphasic torpedoes. And the.. well, i will just stop. ETC. They really doesnt care anymore lol, they only want a rainbow of colors :)

acctually ur wrong transphasics from what they look to me are whiteish from the ones voyager fired and if u use the nanites from the undine bio torpedos in ur phasers yes they would be green to
    here is the vid of voyager fireing transphasics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzufch254k

• Options
    edge109edge109 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would want the undine rep weapons to be gold like the actual undine weapons. The romulan rep weapons look like what the romulans use, the nukara reputation (space) weapons look like what the tholians use, so why not the same for the undine? It's just a thought, feel free to tell me why you agree/disagree.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It might amaze you to know that phasers aren't red at all, they're orange. You might want to get your facts straight before calling for the phasers to be red/crimson.

First of all, even if they weren't canon, green phasers aren't canon either.

Second of all, they are:

Actually, so too are disruptors:

which is another reason making them red wouldn't be such a bad idea. The color fits decently for both factions.

As for your title, I call hogwash on that. Just because you don't like the color of the phasers from the 8472 rep, that doesn't mean everyone else hates the color as well.

Funnily enough, I never said everyone hates the color. In fact, I didn't even say I hated it. Truthfully, I haven't seen them yet, but the prospect of green phasers when, as a weapon type, they're inferior to disruptors anyway, is rather off-putting as a start.

I've seen quite a few threads complaining, and so I assumed a good portion of the playerbase was upset with them, (hence the title "people hate...") so, in summary, you might want to try reading it next time.
    Ok people hate the green phasers, have you tried getting opinions from non-people? Canids? Reptiloids? STO gamers?

This guy is doing it right. xD

timelord79 wrote: »
    I have not really looked at the rep phasers yet, but would also not be interested in using them, if they look like disruptors.

Shame that we can't customize our weapon colors within limits.

For example have phasers with standard orange with possible unlocks: TOS blue when picking up TOS beams, Andoria blue when picking up Andorian weapons and green with picking up rep phasers but make them interchangable in the ship tailor.

This would be cool. We would always have the sound fx and mid-combat effect to tell us for sure what weapon type they are...
  • Options
    asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do you want red phasers? Huh huh??? Do ya do ya? Yes you want red phasers? YES!!! Then buy some antiprotons and quit your crying already!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll be sticking with my fleet cannons thank you. :3
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    why not make them white with a black center hue color =P

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty sure that we saw green phaser fire at least once.... Maybe when the D was using a rotating frequency pulse that constantly changed the color of the beams. Or Species 10026 and their modulating phaser pulse. Regalian phasers are purple.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty sure that we saw green phaser fire at least once.... Maybe when the D was using a rotating frequency pulse that constantly changed the color of the beams. Or Species 10026 and their modulating phaser pulse. Regalian phasers are purple.

Federation shipborn phasers have only been Red, Blue, and Orange. TOS hand phasers are either Green or Blue depending on the episode.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Federation shipborn phasers have only been Red, Blue, and Orange. TOS hand phasers are either Green or Blue depending on the episode.
    Old brokenness... new hotness. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    why not make them white with a black center hue color =P

honestly why not

I mean, I'd rather save that for a completely new, revolutionary and awesome weapon type, but it hasn't been done yet.

Oh, and to all the people that are screeching "Antiprotonz!!1!1!!" There's nothing wrong with them, but they hardly look like phasers apart from their red color. If anything, they're closest in appearance to red plasma weapons. The difference is comparable to Andorian phasers vs. Tetryon weapons.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In the various star trek shows, phasers were red, blue and yellow. What's the canon color ?
    I don't see a problem in adding a green one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Old busted hotness. :P
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just want to see a weapon that's graphics are a freaking rainbow arch and then see the forum rage! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just want to see a weapon that's graphics are a freaking rainbow arch and then see the forum rage! :D

We already do.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe I nodded off due to the music and missed it but, I didn't see anything that looked like a rainbow arch. ;)
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To be honest in my opinion they might as well allow us choose the colour that our weapons fire, so people who want to use the faction based colours like classic blue for federation or the far more established yellow/orange but they could be anti proton weapons. It can't ruin immersion because a federation ship firing none phasers weapons has broken the immersion of the game for years.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    kiloace wrote: »
    First of all, even if they weren't canon, green phasers aren't canon either.

Second of all, they are:

Why do you keep posting that image, it's a mistake that has long since been corrected by TOS:R, TOS phasers are BLUE, nor red, not orange, blue.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edge109 wrote: »
    I would want the undine rep weapons to be gold like the actual undine weapons. The romulan rep weapons look like what the romulans use, the nukara reputation (space) weapons look like what the tholians use, so why not the same for the undine? It's just a thought, feel free to tell me why you agree/disagree.

No they wouldn't and I know it because in the Voyager Episode "In The Flesh" they modified a hand-phaser in exactly that way (they are the same as ship phasers just smaller) and it was still firing an orange beam.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x04/intheflesh_218.jpg

What is the problem, I like to run my ships as canon as possible to the shows many others does it as well and now we get the first Rep to boost Phasers with some awesome new toys like the heavy turret and it will shoot green that destroys it for me and other people.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Maybe I nodded off due to the music and missed it but, I didn't see anything that looked like a rainbow arch. ;)
    The Chroniton DBB isn't an arch... but it does constantly cycle colors.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Why do you keep posting that image, it's a mistake that has long since been corrected by TOS:R, TOS phasers are BLUE, nor red, not orange, blue.

I guess I'll accept your argument, even though you aren't technically remastering it as much as simply changing it, but that's just one picture. Conside \r also JJtrek - which IS canon - phasers are a deep red as well. The original movies also had reddish phasers (I guess that's debatable though. They look kinda orange.)
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    They originally had a command to change the colors, it was removed.

I guess because ...

... CBS said so.

If they did do something like that, it should be official anyway, not really a console command.
  • Options
    kgls133492kgls133492 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bio phasers are GREEN? WTH the only reason i was bothering to do the undine rep was for bio phasers what a fking waste :mad:
  • Options
    vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kgls133492 wrote: »
    Bio phasers are GREEN? WTH the only reason i was bothering to do the undine rep was for bio phasers what a fking waste :mad:

Bio-molecular weapons use modified borg nanoprobes hence the green. Get over it.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bio-molecular weapons use modified borg nanoprobes hence the green. Get over it.

this^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    but even borg weapons arnt actually pure GREEN, pft ill just keep savinf for the galor and use spirals they may be disruptors but at least they look more the part :(
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    They originally had a command to change the colors, it was removed.

I guess because ...

... CBS said so.

if thats the case happy they did because this not skyrim you dont get to mod every thing to your liking ppl looking for a game like that i point you to star trek bridge commander
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    so you want a game that you cannont cuzstomise at all, glad ur not a dev thats for sure
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kgls133492 wrote: »
    so you want a game that you cannont cuzstomise at all, glad ur not a dev thats for sure

same to you buddy same to you btw you get to cuzstomise your toon and over and over again same for most of your ship stuff like this in wow you have to pay money to do so be tankful you get to do what you can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kiloace wrote: »
    Solution: Make the new Undine Rep Weapons CRIMSON.

Reasoning:

- Aside from the red/black Antiproton, we don't have red weapons yet (think palette-swapped andorian phasers - red/white)

- Red phasers, while not bio-molecular, are canon.

Thoughts?

You just reminded me; I liked the original colour of the antiproton weapons:

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/b/b8/Antiproton_damage.jpg?version=2473221086eebab366172ec9959970f5

Admittedly they should have made the red deeper, like they are now, but I frigging hate the black "electricty" graphic it has now.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"