test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week. As we will feature something different every day (Monday 8/12/13 - Friday 8/16/13), you won't want to miss out! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, well that is interesting.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow. All the awesome!. THANKS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    interesting, can't wait.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks good in principle! Will be interested in seeing what the eligibility criteria are.

The cynic in me has a fear that 'must have downloaded Arc' may be one of the criteria...
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well this is certainly unexpected.

Clever promo.
  • Options
    rowgarowga Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well now, someone's feeling generous.
  • Options
    johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why do I suspect more tribbles headed our way:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nice gesture from a f2p game :)
  • Options
    vilifiedvvilifiedv Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anything free is much appreciated. Thank You.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Looks good in principle! Will be interested in seeing what the eligibility criteria are.

The cynic in me has a fear that 'must have downloaded Arc' may be one of the criteria...

No, nothing to do with Arc and you don't have to have Arc installed to participate. What I meant by eligibility requirements is, for example, say it's a T3 ship -- you'll need to have the faction appropriate level 20 character to claim it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rav10rav10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Free stuff is always good!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, nothing to do with Arc and you don't have to have Arc installed to participate. What I meant by eligibility requirements is, for example, say it's a T3 ship -- you'll need to have the faction appropriate level 20 character to claim it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thanks branflakes :)
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Brandon - my apologies for making an unfounded remark:)
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So is the 'giveaway' lasting all day on the day of that item or only for a limited time?
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If it's a rom ship, I am screwed, my rom is still lvl 2 *lol*

P.S.: classic question, what if we already have the item given out.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Que all the angry folks who are mad folks are getting the stuff for free when they had to pay for it.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Five free account-wide unlocks, including ships? Sounds too good to be true. Is there some sort of a catch? Limited amount of giveaways or something? Aside from server issues caused by the amounts of players trying to log in. :P

Because if it's all free then it's a really pleasant surprise.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This sounds to good to be true but I don't want get my hopes up since it's probably not starships but useless stuff like respec tokens and experience bonus items.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    auric2000 wrote: »
    So is the 'giveaway' lasting all day on the day of that item or only for a limited time?

You'll have around 24 hours to claim that day's free item before it goes back to it's regular price. For example, Monday's item will be available to claim around 10AM PDT. Tuesday's will be around 10AM PDT, and Monday's will go back to costing ZEN at the same time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This sounds to good to be true but I don't want get my hopes up since it's probably not starships but useless stuff like respec tokens and experience bonus items.

There will be starships :) Several, in fact. There are no tokens or boosts planned for the giveaway.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awesome, can't turn down free stuff. Still this seems like a big deal just for the end of the summer. Planning something? ;)

Also, just to head off any confusion, this is claimed on a per character basis, i.e. not account unlock, correct? I know there have been codes given out in the past that did unlock items across an account, but this sounds different.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *sigh*

Why do I get the feeling it'll all be stuff I ALREADY HAVE BOUGHT? :P
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is incredibly generous and kind.

You guys must be doing quite well.

I sense a cruel twist with ship giveways...like not having enough slots :eek:

I wonder what ship I'm going to have to dismiss next :P

Thank You :bow
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, just to head off any confusion, this is claimed on a per character basis, i.e. not account unlock, correct? I know there have been codes given out in the past that did unlock items across an account, but this sounds different.
    The best part is that the price for each of the announced items will be 0 ZEN, and they are account-wide unlocks!
    So, there you go...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Five free account-wide unlocks, including ships? Sounds too good to be true. Is there some sort of a catch? Limited amount of giveaways or something? Aside from server issues caused by the amounts of players trying to log in. :P

Because if it's all free then it's a really pleasant surprise.

No catch. Log in and claim. That's it. :)

I will say in advance that there will not be any Romulan items given away (e.g. Romulan costumes or ships) as they are pretty brand-new.

And on the days (yes, days plural!) that we're giving away a ship, there will be a KDF ship and Fed ship (you'll need to claim each on the appropriate, eligible character). So, there will actually be more than 5 ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NICE!
    Actually, the speculation may well kill me so I'll wait and be pleasantly surprised on Monday.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well account-wide unlocks will be great, especially if you are making a new toon. I doubt we will see any of the 3-Pack ships like the Vesta, Bortaqu, Scimitar set. Probably a T3 and T5 ship since Brandon said there would be multiple.

But....if they are offering a free Kar'Fi carrier I will gladly take on for the glory of the Gorn He....Klingon Empire.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013