What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Weynal: Ah.. All I know is that the data you have asked for is on its way to you right now.

As for the Romulans. I am not committing troops.. Since the council has ruled that the weapons used are WMD's... Its up to Dorman now.

Kyoshi: Fleet Captain Forrester will receive orders on our military position shortly. Meanwhile, I want you to...

*Outside, Matt is holding a PADD, listening in.*

Matt: That little snake!

Kyoshi *Over Comm*: And make sure that none of what you know about the... incident... at the wedding gets out.

I want you on the next transport back to Dalos Alpha Prime, Admiral.

Kyoshi out.

*The PADD cuts out as Matt stands up. He draws his phaser and walks into Weynal's Office.*

Matt *angry*: You son of a--!

*He catches Weynal before he can leave, hitting him with a right cross, knocking him to the floor. Matt points the phaser down at Weynal's head.*

Game Over, 'Admiral'! I know you're working with Stane! ANd I don't care!

You get to walk out of here alive if you answer one very simple question!

Where - is - my - wife?!
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sentinel: don't worry I'm not here to arrest or harm anyone here. I just need you to tell me what's really going on.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Kyoshi: Fleet Captain Forrester will receive orders on our military position shortly. Meanwhile, I want you to...

Kyoshi *Over Comm*: And make sure that none of what you know about the... incident... at the wedding gets out.

Kyoshi out.

*The PADD cuts out as Matt stands up. He draws his phaser and walks into Weynal's Office.*

*He catches Weynal before he can leave, hitting him with a right cross, knocking him to the floor. Matt points the phaser down at Weynal's head.*

Where - is - my - wife?!

Sinclaire who has been watching him rushes over

Sinclaire: matt! Calm down you won't get any thing of you go yelling and hitting. Besides I don't want to see you court martialed.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dorman: Still Stane does have agents everywhere. None of them really care about race. Just in helping Sovereign's kind get here and better us. I still think given the weapon we captured they had to use Sovereign to make a delivery system applicable to their ships.

Patrick Holtz seems to agree with that assessment. His review of the device is eerily precise..

Darani: No offence to Dr Holtz, but a bomb is the crudest form of ranged weaponry. All you need is an explosive, something to detonate it, and a container to hold it. We know. We've done it many times.

The Romulans are masters of the Fusion bomb. I can tell you that a nuclear detonation is all they would need to trigger a Twilight-energised charge.

This war wasn't the first time we tried to use twilight weaponry, Admiral. My people have been trying to re-master twilight ever since our exodus 500 millennia ago. Twilight energy isn't just radio-thermic or plasmonic like conventional energy weapons; to an extent, it's biotic. The Guardians draw their power from the Veil in an almost symbiotic relationship. While it is possible to create the energy without the Veil of the Forge, an organic host makes controlling it easier. Without that, it takes a colossal amount of power, even by Iconian standards, to stabilise the energy.

A bomb needs no equipment to stabilise the energy - in fact, stabilising the energy would be counter to their goals. Bombs are child's play.

Admiral, I think we have to face facts that as advanced as twilight energy seems, war-like applications of it are far from distant, the Romulans just got there first.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Sinclaire who has been watching him rushes over

Sinclaire: matt! Calm down you won't get any thing of you go yelling and hitting. Besides I don't want to see you court martialed.

OOC: Going to just point out that Matt and Sinclaire have never met.

Besides, I think we're way past worrying about court-martial. Weynal is conspiring with the man who has abducted his wife and unborn child, for crying out loud!
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Kyoshi out.

Where - is - my - wife?!

*The Shadow broker Agent vulcan pinches Matt, and watching him crumple to the floor. *

Agent Z: Admiral..

Weynal: *clutching his chin.. and rubbing it.* Too bad kid... You remind me of me in another time.

*Officers of the Secret Service come in *

Weynal: Take him away for attempting to assassinate me. It was probably him that arranged the assassination of the President.

*Before they take him away... Weynal returns a menacing glance at matt as if a Lion was staring at its prey before devouring him..*

A Lion has long claws Forrester, and they are quite sharp..

Take him away.

*As they take him away and leave the room*

Agent Z: I assume you want the usual links and verification?

Weynal: Of Course. The conversation won't be found. Plus it is my word against his.

Kill him..

*OOC: Wanna bring the real Ramez back to quickly deal with the Ghola of himself? Why I want Mason and Tyrion to speak is well revelation and more revelation.. So please we are doing it right now.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: Going to just point out that Matt and Sinclaire have never met.

Besides, I think we're way past worrying about court-martial. Weynal is conspiring with the man who has abducted his wife and unborn child, for crying out loud!

OOC: Plus I have a better idea of dealing with him...Something I think is quite fitting.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Tyrion: Knowing my father and the reason why I have this posting. I am sure he wants few to know he is my father. The reason I am here is asking about something..

That list is my brother there?

Mason: What's his name?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Will finish sentinel when I get off work.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Darani: No offence to Dr Holtz, but a bomb is the crudest form of ranged weaponry. All you need is an explosive, something to detonate it, and a container to hold it. We know. We've done it many times.

The Romulans are masters of the Fusion bomb. I can tell you that a nuclear detonation is all they would need to trigger a Twilight-energised charge.

This war wasn't the first time we tried to use twilight weaponry, Admiral. My people have been trying to re-master twilight ever since our exodus 500 millennia ago. Twilight energy isn't just radio-thermic or plasmonic like conventional energy weapons; to an extent, it's biotic. The Guardians draw their power from the Veil in an almost symbiotic relationship. While it is possible to create the energy without the Veil of the Forge, an organic host makes controlling it easier. Without that, it takes a colossal amount of power, even by Iconian standards, to stabilise the energy.

A bomb needs no equipment to stabilise the energy - in fact, stabilising the energy would be counter to their goals. Bombs are child's play.

Admiral, I think we have to face facts that as advanced as twilight energy seems, war-like applications of it are far from distant, the Romulans just got there first.

Dorman: Think about those words Darani... Crude yes. Effective? Very... We detected some kind of nuclear fusion inside.. Makes it easy to mass produce... Besides Admiral Bright reported no other strange weapons..

OOC: I did say it was a combo device not pure twilight energy. So yes I was hinting at the idea of them reverse engineering it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *The Shadow broker Agent vulcan pinches Matt, and watching him crumple to the floor. *

Agent Z: Admiral..

Weynal: *clutching his chin.. and rubbing it.* Too bad kid... You remind me of me in another time.

*Officers of the Secret Service come in *

Weynal: Take him away for attempting to assassinate me. It was probably him that arranged the assassination of the President.

*Before they take him away... Weynal returns a menacing glance at matt as if a Lion was staring at its prey before devouring him..*

A Lion has long claws Forrester, and they are quite sharp..

Take him away.

*As they take him away and leave the room*

Agent Z: I assume you want the usual links and verification?

Weynal: Of Course. The conversation won't be found. Plus it is my word against his.

Kill him..

*OOC: Wanna bring the real Ramez back to quickly deal with the Ghola of himself? Why I want Mason and Tyrion to speak is well revelation and more revelation.. So please we are doing it right now.*

OOC: Yeah, but I really want Matt to know where Sam is.

Seriously, I am trying to give Matt something to do other than standing around clueless.

Also, why would Secret Service even be there? Their job is to protect the President. Republic Naval Security, I could understand.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Mason: What's his name?

Tyrion: Jaime Weynal...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: Yeah, but I really want Matt to know where Sam is.

Seriously, I am trying to give Matt something to do other than standing around clueless.

Also, why would Secret Service even be there? Their job is to protect the President. Republic Naval Security, I could understand.

OOC: *Wink wink wink* Do you honestly think I forget that kind of thing. Trust me... He will find out.. Do you honestly think that Agent is going to kill him?

Plus the Secret Service being there is well new appointments as I do believe it extends to the cabinet as well. At least in the US it does as well as Candidates for President.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: *Wink wink wink* Do you honestly think I forget that kind of thing. Trust me... He will find out.. Do you honestly think that Agent is going to kill him?

Plus the Secret Service being there is well new appointments as I do believe it extends to the cabinet as well. At least in the US it does as well as Candidates for President.*

OOC: But Weynal hasn't been assigned to the cabinet. Not yet.

And I was aware of that part of how it works in the U.S. Mainly because Britain doesn't have a Secret Service. Something about our PM not being important enough to kill.

Hell, the Royal Family has better security than Downing Street...
  • Options
    edited October 2013

OOC: I was also getting to that. Trust me.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Tyrion: Jaime Weynal...

*Mason looks at him, before starting to walk towards Weynal's Office.*

Mason: Son of a--!

*He taps his earpiece.*

Hall, I need you and Fox on Admiral Weynal's Office immediately! Take him into custody for conspiracy to commit high treason!

Hall *Over Comm*: Director, I've got something on the Secret Service security channel.

Forrester was just arrested for attempted assassina--!

Mason: Hall, intercept those agents! Fox, meet me near Weynal's Office!

I swear to god, if Kyoshi was involved in this...!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

And I was aware of that part of how it works in the U.S. Mainly because Britain doesn't have a Secret Service. Something about our PM not being important enough to kill.

Hell, the Royal Family has better security than Downing Street...

OOC: Yeah I also heard about that.. Lol.. But really man.. Trust me I hate plot holes... Tyrion is the one to reveal it.. Why I asked about progressing that part.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dorman: Think about those words Darani... Crude yes. Effective? Very... We detected some kind of nuclear fusion inside.. Makes it easy to mass produce... Besides Admiral Bright reported no other strange weapons..

OOC: I did say it was a combo device not pure twilight energy. So yes I was hinting at the idea of them reverse engineering it.

*OOC: He said that though. He distinctly referred to the fusion weaponry used in the bomb.*

Darani: I believe I said that. As I said, nuclear fusion is an effective way of detonating a twilight energy storage device. Romulans are masters of nuclear weaponry.

As I said, crude, easy to develop. Our races simply did not consider it. The Romulans did.

Now we have to play catch-up, and I have an idea of how.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Mason looks at him, before starting to walk towards Weynal's Office.*

Mason: Son of a--!

*He taps his earpiece.*

Hall, I need you and Fox on Admiral Weynal's Office immediately! Take him into custody for conspiracy to commit high treason!

Hall *Over Comm*: Director, I've got something on the Secret Service security channel.

Forrester was just arrested for attempted assassina--!

Mason: Hall, intercept those agents! Fox, meet me near Weynal's Office!

I swear to god, if Kyoshi was involved in this...!

OOC: Okay but no Ramez... Shucks... *

*The agent takes him by the shoulder...*

*A voice of an innovade comes out and Mason realizes who he has been talking to an older gingrich type innovade.*

Broker: That is not wise Director. OSS is likely in his pocket and any evidence thanks to Forrester has been gotten rid of. If you want my help I can only act in a certain manner... I cannot overtly help or my life is forfeit ... Nailing him is what we need. A man like that does not need to be charged.. A man that is a traitor... will do it casually.. He doesn't belong in this world anymore. You know this.

My Agent is also with them... He will make sure The dear captain is fine..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *OOC: He said that though. He distinctly referred to the fusion weaponry used in the bomb.*

Darani: I believe I said that. As I said, nuclear fusion is an effective way of detonating a twilight energy storage device. Romulans are masters of nuclear weaponry.

As I said, crude, easy to develop. Our races simply did not consider it. The Romulans did.

Now we have to play catch-up, and I have an idea of how.

Dorman: I am all ears.. *laughs lightly* Who would have thought of this... A human and an Iconian speaking candidly. Wow.. How times have changed.

Ignore me my sentimentality is coming out.

Again do continue.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dorman: I am all ears.. *laughs lightly* Who would have thought of this... A human and an Iconian speaking candidly. Wow.. How times have changed.

Ignore me my sentimentality is coming out.

Again do continue.

Darani: My people can finish outfitting our fleet with Twilight weapons by the end of the week. Once those ships get here, we will have 1200 Iconian vessels in the Milky Way Galaxy armed with Twilight Weaponry. That is enough to effectively respond to any Shadow attack, combined with Federation Thanix weaponry.

If both our governments put forth a proposal to the Convention to outlaw Twilight weaponry, except for my people until the Shadow War is over, the Republic will agree. If it is passed, the Republic will be bearing political pressure on the Romulans to respect the ban.

We've already seen that the Romulans will do their best to uphold peace with the Republic.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: Okay but no Ramez... Shucks... *

*The agent takes him by the shoulder...*

*A voice of an innovade comes out and Mason realizes who he has been talking to an older gingrich type innovade.*

Broker: That is not wise Director. OSS is likely in his pocket and any evidence thanks to Forrester has been gotten rid of. If you want my help I can only act in a certain manner... I cannot overtly help or my life is forfeit ... Nailing him is what we need. A man like that does not need to be charged.. A man that is a traitor... will do it casually.. He doesn't belong in this world anymore. You know this.

My Agent is also with them... He will make sure The dear captain is fine..

Mason: O.S.S. is in his pocket the day I roll over and die.

What you're talking about... is overstepping my bounds as an Agent of justice.

I haven't broken the rules in a long time... so I guess I'm just about due.

*As Matt is taken away, Hall intercepts the Secret Service Agents, showing them his ID.*

Hall: Office of State Security. I'll take it from here.

Secret Service Agent: Sorry, Agent Hall, we have direct orders from Admiral Weynal to--

Hall: And I am here to tell you that Weynal lied to you, and that Fleet Captain Forrester here has vital information proving that Admiral Weynal had a great deal of responsibility in the President's assassination.

*The Secret Service Agents look at eachother, then back at Hall.*

That was never gonna work, was it?

Secret Service Agent: No.

Hall: Fair enough.

*Hall punches one of the Agents out, pulling out his phaser and stunning 2 more. Matt elbows the Agent holding him in the face, breaking his nose, before throwing him over his shoulder and punching the last agent, who answers with his own punch, which Matt catches before throwing him into a wall, knocking him out.

Hall pulls out one of the agents; phasers and hands it to Matt.*

Matt: Nice timing.

Hall: Mason and Fox are on their way to arrest Weynal for Conspiracy to commit High Treason. My bet is that Weynal will resist or kill himself rather than be taken prisoner, so if we're gonna get your wife's location out of him, we need to do it soon.

Matt: Right. Let's go!

*Within minutes, Matt, Hall and Mason are all inside Weynal's Office, pointing their phasers at him.*

Where is my wife, Weynal?

*OOC: Force Mason to shoot him when the time comes. I won't have Mason commit cold-blooded murder, even against Weynal.

Also, Ramez is going to take a while to get back in, because of where he is.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Talaxa IV. Ramez is sitting in a cave, with his tricorder open and transmitting a short-range distress call. Suddenly, a group of U.N.S.C. troops walk in, led by Piett.*

Piett: Admiral Ramez? Rear Admiral Tylo Piett, U.N.S.C. Navy. We received your distress call.

Ramez: Admiral.

*He coughs a little.*

Piett: We'll beam you back to our ship for medical treatment.

U.N.S.C. Solace, beam the away team aboard +1.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Mason: O.S.S. is in his pocket the day I roll over and die.

What you're talking about... is overstepping my bounds as an Agent of justice.

I haven't broken the rules in a long time... so I guess I'm just about due.

*As Matt is taken away, Hall intercepts the Secret Service Agents, showing them his ID.*

Hall: Office of State Security. I'll take it from here.

Secret Service Agent: Sorry, Agent Hall, we have direct orders from Admiral Weynal to--

Hall: And I am here to tell you that Weynal lied to you, and that Fleet Captain Forrester here has vital information proving that Admiral Weynal had a great deal of responsibility in the President's assassination.

*The Secret Service Agents look at eachother, then back at Hall.*

That was never gonna work, was it?

Secret Service Agent: No.

Hall: Fair enough.

*Hall punches one of the Agents out, pulling out his phaser and stunning 2 more. Matt elbows the Agent holding him in the face, breaking his nose, before throwing him over his shoulder and punching the last agent, who answers with his own punch, which Matt catches before throwing him into a wall, knocking him out.

Hall pulls out one of the agents; phasers and hands it to Matt.*

Matt: Nice timing.

Hall: Mason and Fox are on their way to arrest Weynal for Conspiracy to commit High Treason. My bet is that Weynal will resist or kill himself rather than be taken prisoner, so if we're gonna get your wife's location out of him, we need to do it soon.

Matt: Right. Let's go!

*Within minutes, Matt, Hall and Mason are all inside Weynal's Office, pointing their phasers at him.*

Where is my wife, Weynal?

*OOC: Force Mason to shoot him when the time comes. I won't have Mason commit cold-blooded murder, even against Weynal.

Also, Ramez is going to take a while to get back in, because of where he is.*

*OOC: Gonna have to disagree there. Some one is gonna have to... I do want far reaching consequences. Even if it is the right thing to do. Or the Ramez Ghola could do it. *

Weynal: *sitting down*

Oh do come in.. I guess you did listen well Matt.

Mason.. I see harming innocents you can't prove did wrong...

*The Broker reels in away the secret service... *

Broker: *On Mason's comm* His secret service agents are coming and I don't know how long I can keep diverting them. Also He let the President know that you are there. That I cannot help you with... Because I did not set this up...

*Peers into his systems and notices changed data...*

Damn it.. Someone got into my systems.

They are going to frame someone and it is definitely going to stick..

*Back at the apartment.*

Tyrion: *arrives through the door. Relief that his brother was not present. But rage at what his father has done...*

Hello father...

Weynal: Well look who it is... out of my sight.

Tyrion: *fingering a mounted Romulan Disruptor.. before taking it and pointing it at him...* Why kill all those people? Just for your own power?

Weynal: For the family.. For life around the galaxy to ascend to something greater.

*The hum begins to leak into their hearing... His eyes glow showing his indoctrination...*

Unlike what you think son... this galaxy... This Republic earns its place. Not even the Federation will deal with us or fight us on even ground. My reach is..

*A blast hits him in the region above his groin... everyone turns except Tyrion... He knows his father is not dying yet...*

Weynal: You....

Tyrion: *Fires one more shot at him to hurry it along* This little lion has long sharp claws to father. But I won't kill you..

*Another blast comes from the door striking Weynal once again...*

Weynal: *Coughs as blood begins coming up... looking at Matt. *

I guess it dies with me then...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Schwartz: I heard much about you in Allen's works on Newtypes and the Veil. What can I do for you Guardian.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Schwartz: I heard much about you in Allen's works on Newtypes and the Veil. What can I do for you Guardian.

Sentinel: I fear that someone in a high ranking position staged the massacre. I need to know any thing you can tell me about anything suspicious that has been going on.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Sentinel: I fear that someone in a high ranking position staged the massacre. I need to know any thing you can tell me about anything suspicious that has been going on.

Schwartz: The only thing I have noticed is that the Republic is going forward with the Romulan linkage given the responses and checking on the id numbers on the weapons.. None match collectors in Federation space. The ones in the Republic are not well known or recorded. We feared that people would use them so we destroyed 99.99 % of them.

Given the ease of the evidence found... I suspect someone on the outside. Things are descending into chaos...

*Commotion is going on down the street as CSEC and The Republic Secret Service race by along with a Medical vehicle...*

What is going on...

*Switches to the news channel...*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sentinel : I should go now and continue my search. Thank you for your time.

He gets up to leave his office.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Darani: My people can finish outfitting our fleet with Twilight weapons by the end of the week. Once those ships get here, we will have 1200 Iconian vessels in the Milky Way Galaxy armed with Twilight Weaponry. That is enough to effectively respond to any Shadow attack, combined with Federation Thanix weaponry.

If both our governments put forth a proposal to the Convention to outlaw Twilight weaponry, except for my people until the Shadow War is over, the Republic will agree. If it is passed, the Republic will be bearing political pressure on the Romulans to respect the ban.

We've already seen that the Romulans will do their best to uphold peace with the Republic.

Dorman: That would work normally but do you honestly trust that they would not avenge their people on the race that nearly destroyed theirs? Adjeca is dead sure... but that for them is not enough.. I think that is the one problem... we can't overlook.

*OOC: Is it me or is it now the Republic dictating things now? Just a question... been trying to get the Federation a better image and a changed one. Just doesn't seem to matter much.. Hence the question.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sentinel walks out and walks around the area slowly deciding what he will do next.