Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Dorman is pacing around his office,*

Dorman: I know the Republic is going to sit this one out. Damn.

*He taps the comm. Get me the Iconian ambassador. *

*Darani is in his Office, going over various pieces of paperwork. Solara is also in the room.*

Solara: I don't understand how the Romulans could have gotten a hold of our tech.

Darani: The Federation seems to believe it was from wreckage of Sovereign.

Solara: I don't think so.

It's completely inconsistent with what we've seen.

Darani: Which is not a lot, First Commander.

Solara: We'd have less if it weren't for Taragi.

*Darani puts the PADD he was reading down, looking up at her.*

Darani: Yes... that is true.

Supreme Commander Taragi was the finest warrior I have ever met. I only regret that his efforts to show this galaxy that we were trustworthy cost him his life.

What of the remaining UNSC refugees?

Solara: The last group returned to UNSC space yesterday.

Darani: Good.

Solara, you fought alongside Taragi in many campaigns. What was your impression of the man?

Solara: He was an excellent strategist. He was a fine commander. He was the most loyal man I have ever met.

Darani: And yet you are the key signatory of the petition opposing a statue in his honour?

Solara: The last thing Taragi wanted was to become an idol to be worshipped! He'd want people to remember him for his deeds, not for a Te'lak Statue in the Royal Courtyard!

Darani: Good. Great leaders don't seek glory - they have it thrust upon them.

*He gets a message on his console, saying that Dorman wants to see him.*

Well, I'm afraid I have business to attend to.

Solara: The humans?

Darani: Admiral Dorman.

Solara: What will you say if he asks about our weapons?

Darani: The same as the last time; they are barely ready for Iconian use, and that we're having an easier time adapting them for Tholian ships so far (as few Tholian ships as there are) than Federation ships.

Icon'danar, First Commander.

Solara: Icon'danar.

*Darani walks out.*
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will post in a few hours still got work to do. And a lot of reading here lol.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Mason: The Romulan Empire and the Republic have been allies for many years. I worked with a Romulan Naval Intel operative 12 years back. He gave me that as a 'thank you'.

He's probably dead now. He had a home - a family - on Mol'Rihan.

What about you, Tyrion? Any family?

Tyrion: Knowing my father and the reason why I have this posting. I am sure he wants few to know he is my father. The reason I am here is asking about something..

That list is my brother there?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Darani is in his Office, going over various pieces of paperwork. Solara is also in the room.*

Solara: I don't understand how the Romulans could have gotten a hold of our tech.

Darani: The Federation seems to believe it was from wreckage of Sovereign.

Solara: I don't think so.

It's completely inconsistent with what we've seen.

Darani: Which is not a lot, First Commander.

Solara: We'd have less if it weren't for Taragi.

*Darani puts the PADD he was reading down, looking up at her.*

Darani: Yes... that is true.

Supreme Commander Taragi was the finest warrior I have ever met. I only regret that his efforts to show this galaxy that we were trustworthy cost him his life.

What of the remaining UNSC refugees?

Solara: The last group returned to UNSC space yesterday.

Darani: Good.

Solara, you fought alongside Taragi in many campaigns. What was your impression of the man?

Solara: He was an excellent strategist. He was a fine commander. He was the most loyal man I have ever met.

Darani: And yet you are the key signatory of the petition opposing a statue in his honour?

Solara: The last thing Taragi wanted was to become an idol to be worshipped! He'd want people to remember him for his deeds, not for a Te'lak Statue in the Royal Courtyard!

Darani: Good. Great leaders don't seek glory - they have it thrust upon them.

*He gets a message on his console, saying that Dorman wants to see him.*

Well, I'm afraid I have business to attend to.

Solara: The humans?

Darani: Admiral Dorman.

Solara: What will you say if he asks about our weapons?

Darani: The same as the last time; they are barely ready for Iconian use, and that we're having an easier time adapting them for Tholian ships so far (as few Tholian ships as there are) than Federation ships.

Icon'danar, First Commander.

Solara: Icon'danar.

*Darani walks out.*

*Dorman sits down his mind is already sore from feeling the deaths from those weapons. He is starting to feel his age. *

Dorman: Darani. I am sure you are wondering why I am contacting you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Kyoshi: I'm sure.

Perhaps with the passing along of residential information on a certain former Republic Officer turned traitor turned war asset we both know of?

Weynal: Ah.. All I know is that the data you have asked for is on its way to you right now.

As for the Romulans. I am not committing troops.. Since the council has ruled that the weapons used are WMD's... Its up to Dorman now.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Outside the ship the Vessel has arrived from the base's interior... and starts to engage the Federation vessel.. but dodges the enemy fire which resembles the thanix cannon fire. *

Reynolds: Keep us in evasive maneuvers, try and get around and keep dodging them..

Helm: Aye...

Tactical: Locking in on their maw

Reynolds: The Maw?

Tactical: It makes a certain amount of sense sir. It is leading to the engine...

*The preserver arrives on the bridge.*

Preserver: Trust me that is actually correct in a ship like this. Corro class..

You will need to dodge the enemy fire as the cannon has a very wide range.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sentinel: thank you I appreciate it. I will return if I need anything else.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ooc: I do kinda need to know where sentinel needs to go next so I can have his demise and Sinclaire take his place.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    As sentinel leaves.

Sentinel: I will relay your message if I see any federation official. I hope I don't have to return here.

Sentinel soon leaves.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Weynal: Ah.. It is a pity about the Commodore. He has a certain amount of guts that reminds me of me a long time ago. But. It has been taken care of. The data should be coming your way soon.

As for the Romulans. I am not committing troops.. Since the council has ruled that the weapons used are WMD's... Its up to Dorman now.

OOC: 'A pity about the Commodore'?

Who's Weynal talking about?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Dorman sits down his mind is already sore from feeling the deaths from those weapons. He is starting to feel his age. *

Dorman: Darani. I am sure you are wondering why I am contacting you.

*Darani looks across Dorman's Office.*

Darani: Humans seem to have a - what do you call it? - 'knack' for understatement.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Ooc: I do kinda need to know where sentinel needs to go next so I can have his demise and Sinclaire take his place.

OOC: I guess Schwartz and Weynal would be a good place to start.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Granz reads the report from Virgo. Happy for some good news finally.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: 'A pity about the Commodore'?

Who's Weynal talking about?

OOC: I think he was refering to Matt and that post earlier.. If that was not true I can change it . No big deal. Late night writing for me is blah the next day...*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sentinel soon appears in weynals ( sorry if spelling is wrong ) office

Sentinel: admiral we need to have a talk.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Darani looks across Dorman's Office.*

Darani: Humans seem to have a - what do you call it? - 'knack' for understatement.

Dorman: Especially Newtypes. Come have a seat. I guess it is time we actually tell each other about what Sovereign really was. There are many in Starfleet that don't want to believe it and how can we honestly blame them. It is nightmarish stuff.

*Looks to a box of pads allowed out of storage from the joint research facility headed by Holtz.*

To think they are still coming here. We are not ready by any means.

I think it is time you see these. The study on Sovereign is over with and this is the results all of our scientists gathered, even with Guardian help.

*He takes the box and puts it on the desk... Allen comes on the screen as Dorman slips the chip from the side into the terminal and turns it around. So Darani can hear it..*

Allen: Day 1. The material brought to us from the wreckage of Sovereign is foreign in design and perplexing. Even the Borg did not do this kind of interfacing. The components inside are inorganic but there are traces of organic material not destroyed by the explosion.

I am going to continue examining the wreckage.

*The log continues for about an hour before the final log entry of that year.*

Allen: Day 362. I have discovered Twilight energy in Sovereign but also Dark Matter and a very focused array of Anti-protons. It appears that Sovereign was indeed machine and my old knowledge of the Borg's striving for perfection is right here. It is a perfect mixture of inorganic and organic material fused together and used to operate the ship... However even a year after the fact we only have around seventy percent of the remains. There is no telling how much illegal salvage was taken during the whole recovery. Which is concerning as there is a call emanating from the wreckage. Even to a Guardian such as me it is concerning.. This by itself is a avenue of understanding microelectronics and hypnotherapy... nanomachines are also very prevalent in the remains. They are indeed dead so there is no threat here.

I will continue with the several designs I have already come up with from the technology.. Though I do not know how much we can actually finish with the war going on.

Dorman: *Cutting it off and removing the chip from the terminal before placing it back into its slot he looks at Darani. He brings up scans of the space around the system in which sovereign was present and destroyed. Also intelligence buoys that collected Romulan transmissions and hits of warp signatures.*

It makes too much sense to be honest..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: I guess Schwartz and Weynal would be a good place to start.

*OOC: I know the perfect person to do it too. :D*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *OOC: I know the perfect person to do it too. :D*

Ooc: well then let's roll
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ooc: well then let's roll

*OOC: Kai and Gyunei are waiting outside Schwartz's office building... *

Gyunei: These guardians are of the best fighters.. I am honored to fight one.

Kai: I assume you can detect one...

Gyunei: Yes. Of course I can.. He is coming.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *OOC: Kai and Gyunei are waiting outside Schwartz's office building... *

Gyunei: These guardians are of the best fighters.. I am honored to fight one.

Kai: I assume you can detect one...

Gyunei: Yes. Of course I can.. He is coming.

Sentinel is walking quietly thoughts on how to approach the situation.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sentinel is walking quietly thoughts on how to approach the situation.

*OOC: I can let ya speak to schwartz before the action sequence.*

*Schwartz is sitting by in his private office... stressful day as he files reports from the Federation Officials...*

Schwartz: Bureaucrats are all the same..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *OOC: I can let ya speak to schwartz before the action sequence.*

*Schwartz is sitting by in his private office... stressful day as he files reports from the Federation Officials...*

Schwartz: Bureaucrats are all the same..

Sentibel enters and smiles as he gears him.

Sentinel: yes they are. I don't suppose you have a minute.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OOC: I think he was refering to Matt and that post earlier.. If that was not true I can change it . No big deal. Late night writing for me is blah the next day...*

OOC: Kyoshi was referring to Sam, hence why I used the term 'war asset'.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

OOC: Okay man. Changing it now.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dorman: Especially Newtypes. Come have a seat. I guess it is time we actually tell each other about what Sovereign really was. There are many in Starfleet that don't want to believe it and how can we honestly blame them. It is nightmarish stuff.

*Looks to a box of pads allowed out of storage from the joint research facility headed by Holtz.*

To think they are still coming here. We are not ready by any means.

I think it is time you see these. The study on Sovereign is over with and this is the results all of our scientists gathered, even with Guardian help.

*He takes the box and puts it on the desk... Allen comes on the screen as Dorman slips the chip from the side into the terminal and turns it around. So Darani can hear it..*

Allen: Day 1. The material brought to us from the wreckage of Sovereign is foreign in design and perplexing. Even the Borg did not do this kind of interfacing. The components inside are inorganic but there are traces of organic material not destroyed by the explosion.

I am going to continue examining the wreckage.

*The log continues for about an hour before the final log entry of that year.*

Allen: Day 362. I have discovered Twilight energy in Sovereign but also Dark Matter and a very focused array of Anti-protons. It appears that Sovereign was indeed machine and my old knowledge of the Borg's striving for perfection is right here. It is a perfect mixture of inorganic and organic material fused together and used to operate the ship... However even a year after the fact we only have around seventy percent of the remains. There is no telling how much illegal salvage was taken during the whole recovery. Which is concerning as there is a call emanating from the wreckage. Even to a Guardian such as me it is concerning.. This by itself is a avenue of understanding microelectronics and hypnotherapy... nanomachines are also very prevalent in the remains. They are indeed dead so there is no threat here.

I will continue with the several designs I have already come up with from the technology.. Though I do not know how much we can actually finish with the war going on.

Dorman: *Cutting it off and removing the chip from the terminal before placing it back into its slot he looks at Darani. He brings up scans of the space around the system in which sovereign was present and destroyed. Also intelligence buoys that collected Romulan transmissions and hits of warp signatures.*

It makes too much sense to be honest..

Darani: Indeed, except for one small detail.

We have been trying for 2 years with no success to integrate Republic and Iconian technology and Federation and Iconian technology. Sovereign was even more advanced than my people. It seems difficult to believe that the Romulans, with no prior understanding of the technology, could reverse-engineer it in that same amount of time when we couldn't adapt our own technology to be compatible with yours while understanding both bases.

There is another possibility, however.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Going to work in a hour
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Darani: Indeed, except for one small detail.

We have been trying for 2 years with no success to integrate Republic and Iconian technology and Federation and Iconian technology. Sovereign was even more advanced than my people. It seems difficult to believe that the Romulans, with no prior understanding of the technology, could reverse-engineer it in that same amount of time when we couldn't adapt our own technology to be compatible with yours while understanding both bases.

There is another possibility, however.

Dorman: Stane.... He is the only one that does understand the technology Sovereign had.

I will release to the Iconian Government Allen's notes on Twilight Energy and only to your government. There is something going on in the Republic Government that has me concerned.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

OOC: Its been changed. Might also look into what Tyrion was saying.*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dorman: Stane.... He is the only one that does understand the technology Sovereign had.

I will release to the Iconian Government Allen's notes on Twilight Energy and only to your government. There is something going on in the Republic Government that has me concerned.

Darani: Possible, but given Jorat's disposition against humans, I find it unlikely.

However, there are other sources of Twilight energy. The Tesseracts, the S'tak'ra, Ex'cali'bur...

Taras' staff was radiating twilight energy.

Taras' staff was never located after the battle on Deis II. The Guardians may have taken it, or...

If the Romulans had an active twilight energy source, they wouldn't need to reverse engineer Sovereign's technology. The Republic came close to harnessing the Tesseract before the Taras incident. The Romulans may have done the same.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Darani: Possible, but given Jorat's disposition against humans, I find it unlikely.

However, there are other sources of Twilight energy. The Tesseracts, the S'tak'ra, Ex'cali'bur...

Taras' staff was radiating twilight energy.

Taras' staff was never located after the battle on Deis II. The Guardians may have taken it, or...

If the Romulans had an active twilight energy source, they wouldn't need to reverse engineer Sovereign's technology. The Republic came close to harnessing the Tesseract before the Taras incident. The Romulans may have done the same.

Dorman: Still Stane does have agents everywhere. None of them really care about race. Just in helping Sovereign's kind get here and better us. I still think given the weapon we captured they had to use Sovereign to make a delivery system applicable to their ships.

Patrick Holtz seems to agree with that assessment. His review of the device is eerily precise..