test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Shiala: But it was like it was my idea. Benezia came to Saren, as her vision told her to. She wanted to guide Saren onto a path that didn't end in our destruction. The longer we worked with him, the more we thought we had to help Sovereign complete his mission, to show that organics were worth something to the Reapers. But I now see we were manipulated
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
    Krystal: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Shiala: But you do not understand, Soverign has the ability, subtly, to alter our perception our identity to suit its needs.

Kaiden: Who is Soverign?

Shiala: The Reaper ship, its alive, a machine intelligence.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Looks like a metal squid?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    *a faint scratching sound is heard coming from the hole, slowly getting louder until a gauntleted hand reaches out and grabs the ledge, then hauls the attached lycan up and onto solid ground*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Reigun help the Lycan: Well, Dingo, you had worried there that you might take a spill and see what skydivin is with a chute.

Shiala: that is Soverign, the harbringer of the Reapers. (She grabs Krystal hand and then transfer the Prothean cypher to Krystal. She understand that part of the Prothean language is meant for touch interface. However, she nows understand that it is a warning about the Reapers, and about the Citadel, how they too found the Citadel, and used it as the Captial of thier civilization, but it was a trap, set up by the Reapers. How it being the nexus of so many spacelanes was by design, as it is a gateway to the Abyss, where the Repaers retreat into intergalactic space.)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: Oh my god... It was a trap...
  • Options
    *shadow flops down spread-eagle on the floor* what was a trap...what'd i miss?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Krystal: The Citadel... the Mass Relays... this whole galaxy was rigged as a trap by the Reapers. Why... I don't know.
  • Options
    i told you so...​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: If the Mass Relays and the Citadel were left on purpose for others to find...

They would influence developing races. Their techology would develop based on what they found, forcing them down one particular, predetermined path. The Reapers WANTED younger races to find their tech and reverse engineer it. Thereby guaranteeing technological superiority. They know what the younger races have already and can counter it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    (not that it always turns out that way; a lot of the kushan tech in homeworld was reverse-engineered from captured taiidani vessels - still didn't save the taiidan from getting their fleets smashed, their whacko emperor killed and themselves thrown bodily off hiigara)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal also knows that the Beacon signal indicates it comes form a secret Prothean facility on Ilos.

Shiala: Just enough breadcrumbs to go down the path, but not enough for them to figure till its too late that its all a trap. But why has Soverign not trip the trap yet?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: I think he's looking for something. But there is also one hitch in the plan. Outside interference. The Lexington isn't based on Reaper tech. We're from another galaxy entirely.

Kaiden, as soon as we get back to the Lexington, I need to contact Commander Shepard. Got a planet name to look up.
  • Options
    first, we let everyone on the citadel know and hope the bureaucrats in charge are actually smart enough to recognize the danger and evacuate the station...pffffft​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Shadow... the Citadel is the seat of Galactic politics, a veritable dyson structure in its own right. I mean... did you see the size of that thing? Its huge! As big, if not bigger than The Vault.
  • Options
    Kaiden: And you tell the Asari they do nto knwo anything, you'll get telekentically pimped slapped back to your Galaxy
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    but unlike the vault, it doesn't have an omnidirectional BFG that can blow away any attacking force​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: The Vault didn't have anything like that when I last saw it.

As for the Asari... we'll find more evidence. Hopefully on this... Ilos. Lets hope Shepard found something too.
  • Options
    the thing's armed with a huge thalaron cascade weapon, which almost ended up getting used when the tholians tried to pull the vault into an interphase pocket​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    RAdm Rose, helping Veronica, as Tali helps Jessica: Can we leave this place now?

Shiala: What about me?

Kaiden: How do we know you wont' contact your matriarch?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: *thinks for a moment* As far as I'm concerned, you're free to go. You were an innocent victim here, despite your prior affiliation. You wanna come with or stay here with the colonists, that's up to you. Before we leave the planet though I would appreciate a full report if possible.
  • Options
    Kaiden: Admiral, there is about 200 colonist left, does the Lexington have enough room for them to leave if they wish?

RAdm Rose: Might want to talk to the colonists, first.

Kaiden: Because theh do not have the capability to survive here without ExoGeni, and I doubt ExoGeni will want anything to do with the planet when thks gets out?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: Potentially. Sovereign class starships are pretty big. However if they don't want to leave... You should probably contact Alliance Command and inform them of the situation. See if they can resupply the colony on a regular basis.

And I just realized the irony.
    Sovereign the Reaper is probably going to have a bad day with a Sovereign class starship.
  • Options
    RAdm Rose: Lets go. (She is taking Veronica up the steps)

Shiala: They know about your Galaxy, Admiral. They already know.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: *blinks* How? We've had no contact until recently.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Shiala shows Krystal and image of a Dyson Sphere, very similar to the ones in the Milky Way. Then shows what appears to be a drone landing on theside of the Dyson Sphere. Then that Dyson sphere missing.

Shiala: That is what I got when Saren told about you.

Rose: Jessica, you look a little pale, what happened? One moment, you were all happy and content, and now you look like we just saw a Borg fleet.

Post edited by icerose20 on
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,231 Arc User
    Jessica 3: Sorry just something the me down there experienced.

Jessica: That's weird.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Krystal: The Iconians... *swears* They revealed our existance to the Reapers. I'll need to report this to Command...
  • Options
    RAdm Rose, up at the colony seeing the colonists all gather around: Well, I do not see any pitchforks

Colony Leader: Why would there be?

Radm Rose: (Sighs)

Colony Leader: and who are you and when did you get here?

RAdm Rose: Seriously?

Rose: Need a hero down there?
    Ancient Griffon insult