Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

14567810»

Comments

• tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not often we get free stuff so thanks cryptic :D
  • bmdefiant2069bmdefiant2069 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah thanks to Cryptic, enjoyed the giveaways and the suspense of wondering what goodies were next :D
  • colinb30colinb30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    just wondering when the next lot of goodies will be out :D
  • shawho1shawho1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    colinb30 wrote: »
    just wondering when the next lot of goodies will be out :D

Don't hold your breath. Seeing its well past 10 am pst, I don't think there are going to be anymore freebies. =/
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well 4 freebeies, in the end not too bad ( already had purchased the rest) thanks for the yellowstone and my KDF thanks you for more options (I dont spend on her ever) so in the wash TY!
  • pilotab1pilotab1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ya I was thinking the same thing. But honestly I'm happy with just getting free stuff. Thank you Cryptic. It was nice to get some free stuff. I'll make sure to get some zen in return.
  • poppawoodiepoppawoodie Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    really?? giving away a ship that the romulans cant even get.. wtf kind of giveaway is that? way to **** the bed pw...
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    really?? giving away a ship that the romulans cant even get.. wtf kind of giveaway is that? way to **** the bed pw...

There, there. ;) With only (I think I counted) 7 console slots, it's a bit of a LOL-ship anyway. I only claimed it to see whether that Tetryon detection grid thingy could perchance be used on my other ships too. It can't. No biggie.

Seriously, with all the OP stuff you Roms are getting, Roms should be the last one to complain, really. But yeah, you're not missing out on a super endgame ship or anything. To those leveling up it will be a welcome gift, though.

And since it was offered FOR FREE, no one has cause to complain at all, really.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I get the very distinct impressions that these are items nobody really had, and were not actually selling at all. I say this, because before this promotion, I saw the Orion Ship and Nebula around even fewer times then I saw the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (Bug) or any other incredibly rare ship. Same goes for the Uniforms (bar the DS9 one, which could be obtained from a lockbox), I just never saw them around.

But still, I was expecting this to be all Fed side uniforms and maybe another Tribble (seriously, can't we just do what the Klingons want and exterminate them), but never did I expect a ship, never mind 4 full size ships and 2 small ships.

Great promotion, though.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • scrag0416scrag0416 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OK Sounds greedy but....last I looked their are 7 days in a week...lol
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All the gifts are awesome. What a nice way to end the Summer! Thank you so much!!!!!!
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    scrag0416 wrote: »
    OK Sounds greedy but....last I looked their are 7 days in a week...lol

yeah...but not a business week, which is only 5 (generally) lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the freebies this week, Cryptic. :D:)
  • misthollow1972misthollow1972 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fIRST ATTEMPT at multi-quote. If those above had not read yet, you have all weekend to get your KDF or Fed up to level to get yesterday's ships. Me, I will be resting soon after doing a few missions and doing Mirror event in 4 hours. Cryptic really understood how hard it would be to power level to 30 and you should take advantage of this rare opportunity to both level and see new mission content and get something for free at the end of your hard work.

To those of you above not complaining or concerned about not being level, thank you for realizing this was pointed out and for realizing how awesome this promo has been.

and I am glad some people have no life and can power level toons, as I have a family and a job I don't have that luxury and I did not read when they started this that you would have to be a certain level as I am glad they did the giveaway, however I think it is wrong to essentially cut out anybody playing a Romulan and low levels, the least you should be able to is claim the free reward to be able to use when you do reach level 40 and not make everybody have to power level when they have families and jobs
  • warrezaelwarrezael Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, kinda sad I couldn't claim all the rewards either. She they felt the store had to have the level restriction and not the ships themselves.
  • armbrust11armbrust11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and I am glad some people have no life and can power level toons, as I have a family and a job I don't have that luxury and I did not read when they started this that you would have to be a certain level as I am glad they did the giveaway, however I think it is wrong to essentially cut out anybody playing a Romulan and low levels, the least you should be able to is claim the free reward to be able to use when you do reach level 40 and not make everybody have to power level when they have families and jobs

2nded. we should have a little more time to claim this or get a package to open later.
    I think i'll miss out on the free KDF and I bought all the Fed. ships that are not vice admiral level.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I speed levelled my KDF and got my Marauder not long before the event ended..

6 to 40 in two days :D
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • darkice2012darkice2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who can count to seven as i always thought there were 7 days in a week however it is on day 5 and it says it is the end.. Yet as title says everyday this week.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I claimed both on Friday but still have to try them out especially the nebula to see if it is better than my star cruiser. And see if my tactical klingon can use a carrier.
    Have to say I'm pretty happy with this event and thanks Cryptic for all those freebies this week. Hopefully we will see things like this in the future
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Late, but I still want to thank you.

First, as extraordinary as it is, I previously didn't have any of the giveaway unlocks, and at the very least, I'm quite happy with the Nebula (at times, I considered getting it).
    (So glad the last ships weren't the D'Kyr and the Varanus, as I had bought both before.)

Second, it was very nice of you to leave the Tier 5 ships available over the weekend. I almost didn't manage to grab them yesterday and have now learned that had I not, I could still get them now. I guess some newer players may even manage to level fast enough to get the Marauder and Nebula retrofit.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Romulans can't use it because it's a T5 ship. They can only use T1-T4 ships from their allied faction.

Also the Vesta is a beast of a ship. You should check out some of the builds down in the shipyards if you're having problems with it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • midnmonk3ymidnmonk3y Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't claim it. D'oh
  • goku5030goku5030 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    siobhanin wrote: »
    "So, there are seriously people who paid real money for the nebula?"
    "Yeah!"
    "Lol, Idiots. How can we punish them for buying the ugliest ship in the game and make sure they never ever spend real money on this game again?"
    "Oh, I know! We give the ship to everyone else for free!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

if its that ugly why don't you go into design and remake it :P....
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tru2007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the free swag :) but no love for Romulans again?

Let the Facepalms begin!

On another note...I'm not really interested in the Mara but loving the Nebby. ^_^
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the freebies this week, Cryptic. :D:)

Seconded.

Dang, you really took your time for that didn't you. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    had a close call there, while collecting one of the earlier free ships that you were so kind to give us i noticed that i had omited to claim my Vice Admiral/Lieutenant General Ship from the lifetime subs rewards so made my way to the various Starship Requisition NPC with fed rom and kdf.
    with my kdf i was torn between the Kar'Fi Battle Carrier or the Marauder Patrol Cruiser eventually picking the Kar'Fi.
    imagine my surprise and relife when i saw that the Marauder Patrol Cruiser was the very ship you give us on friday, i was so glad i hadnt chosen that one.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just want to say once again, Thank you for extending the last Give-a-way till this morning...

I managed to get my Klingon toon from level 26 to 43 over the weekend and was able to claim the Marauder yesterday afternoon.

I haven't played with K'Davok in a very long time, and it was a pleasant surprise to see how much You have improved the Klingon experience.

I remember it took me quite awhile just to get from level 0 to 26.

I'm even thinking of joining a Klingon Fleet at some point.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I tried to do the same, from level 22 to 37. Too many other obligations, so I couldn't get enough time in. Did episodes, DOffing and Mirror but couldn't quite do it. :(

My Klingon is "happier" since he got to search for the Sword of Kahless and got the Shard Sword of Kahless... I almost didn't realize that it has 4 mods on it!

It was fun playing KDF for a change, felt a little guilty fighting Feds though. It was glorious though! I will be able to use my Tier-5 Kamarag soon now!

It was a good weekend to die!... many times! :)

Thanks again, Cryptic, for the Nebula and all the other stuff!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
This discussion has been closed.