test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You are not alone my friend.

A lot of ppl asking the same question on Facebook tho.

As the Romulan part may be new to the game doesnt justify the fact they got nothing today in the only , well maybe not only ofc but still, the best part of this giveaway.

They should have given out a compromise ship for the Romulans. Greedyness goes a long way when you give out "virtual" goods that cost you NOTHING to give out yet you still end up being stingy coz your afraid your sales in the "new" nation are gona go down coz you gave out a gift ... Lol

And what if they are new? That means an entire race of players should get no gift LOL ? I dont think i have seen that like ever... In any game!

Psst...Romulans are not real...they are played by humans
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was personally hoping for the Corsair, as it looks MUCH better than the Marauder. Otherwise, though, thank you once again Cryptic! Keep being awesome! :)

Incidentally, here is a very dumb question, but I want to be absolutely sure of this before I delete my Rhode Island to make way for the Nebula: is purchasing a ship off the C-store a permanent unlock? Ie, if I purchase a ship and then delete it, will I be able to re-purchase it again from the C-store free of charge?

It's account wide, meaning it can be claimed as many times as you want. (Or should be).
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Nebula is nice to have for my science. I am very happy with the Marauder for using it on my Orion.

So, thank you a lot for these free ships! :-)
  • siobhaninsiobhanin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    How the heck are you being "punished"? If it's such an ugly and terrible ship, why do you care that others are getting it for free?

If I had known that this ship was ever going to be given away for free, I would have never bought it. I was merely trying to complete my collection of science ships and as this ship is very ugly, I knew I would never fly it. I ended up using it for about a week anyway and then shelved it for good, because flying this ship was simply put depressing.

I have always rationalized my purchase of items that I was unlikely to use with the "but its free to play now and I need to support the developers" rational. Now I just feel like a sucker and that is the one feeling I hate the most.

In short, I will never buy anything not immediately useful in STO again that has any chance at all of ever being given away for free.
  • captmal105captmal105 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes Im just like everyone else, thank you so much guys for the giveaways the only ones I had already where the DS9 uniforms and the Rhode Island. Great idea great giveaway, hope yall do it again next year.

But like everyone else, why all the Sci ships?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YAY...i didnt have the marauder....now i do :D

thanks cryptic and thanks for the whole week
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have to admit that I am surprised that today's free ships did not include the bop retrofit and either the exploration retrofit or tactical retrofit. That being said, I am very happy with the Nebula retrofit. This ship will work well with my TNG themed sci captain.

Thank you cryptic.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ltminns wrote: »
    My level 50 Romulan claimed the Rhode Island and as soon as I get home, the Nebula Class Retrofit.

Hate to break it to you, but Romulans aren't eligible for the Nebula (or the Marauder), as those are tier V ships. Only genuine Feds and Klingons can claim those.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Psst...Romulans are not real...they are played by humans

Ye true filthy humanz playing Romulan characters ... They should get nothing because they are not real either xD
  • lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    guys do i have tell monday to get my free ships!! :O

im only lvl 27 : O

cause i really really want a carrier!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's been a great ride, seven free items (at least, seven for me; I didn't have any of it and claimed all but the KDF Fighter (cause that lone vessel doesn't interest me). Granted I was hoping for the D'Kyr over the Nebula however considering I've not had to pay for any of this, I can hardly complain.

Cheers Cryptic. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I was almost spot on in my prediction. The Nebula is sort of a Galaxy. :P

Was expecting the Galaxy since the Odyssey made her obsolete. But hey, don't have neither the Nebula not the Maruader unlocks. (Though a part of me had to quickly grumble that I used the free T5 ship claim on them. :P) But who can grumble about them now being a free unlock! :D
  • enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Cryptic. :)
    This are empty!
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You are not alone my friend.

A lot of ppl asking the same question on Facebook tho.

As the Romulan part may be new to the game doesnt justify the fact they got nothing today in the only , well maybe not only ofc but still, the best part of this giveaway.

They should have given out a compromise ship for the Romulans. Greedyness goes a long way when you give out "virtual" goods that cost you NOTHING to give out yet you still end up being stingy coz your afraid your sales in the "new" nation are gona go down coz you gave out a gift ... Lol

And what if they are new? That means an entire race of players should get no gift LOL ? I dont think i have seen that like ever... In any game!

you should be greatful to what they have given you. they didnt have to do this and all people do is complain and throw it back at them. that is shameful and you should bow your head in shame and thank them not complain at them for giving you lot free stuff. your momma did teach you lot manners, its time you lot USE them and say thank you not complain!

for shame for shame!
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    really i was hoping for the vulcan d'kyr, but also the nebula is good :)

ty cryptic
  • okawaho1okawaho1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Roms and Rems can't get free ships for Friday August 16 2013 but the rest of the free things were good
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    you should be greatful to what they have given you. they didnt have to do this and all people do is complain and throw it back at them. that is shameful and you should bow your head in shame and thank them not complain at them for giving you lot free stuff. your momma did teach you lot manners, its time you lot USE them and say thank you not complain!

for shame for shame!

Complaining is free of charge my friend.

Also Cryptic/PWi giving any usefull tier 5 ship to the Romulans , as well as Fed's and KDF's, even some crossfaction ship that was used/bought less would have been a logical course of action but hey ... Could be used as a good promotion!

Also my mother is very sick and i would like it if you had "manners" to leave her out of this.

I have nothing to be thankfull for so ofcourse i wont be thanking anyone for NOTHING.
  • yuz777yuz777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank You Cryptic for all the gifts.

The Marauder ship is perfect for my marauder orion captain. :D
  • nyrexxnyrexx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great now I've got some character concepts that would go great with those ships, thanks for forcing me to buy more characters slots ! *shakes fist in mock anger*
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Damnit - I liked being one of the few people flying the Marauder.

But again, this was expected; give away the lowest-selling ships.

Thanks, though.
  • dmetrikepidmetrikepi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love the freaking Nebula. The Maurauder is awesome, too. I'm 8/8 this week, this has been so awesome, thank you!
  • lostpercilostperci Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ohh come on now! Great gifts but how about a little something for us Romulans?
  • flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Alright! I already have the Nebula Retro and a Fleet Nebula and love it. But thanks for the free upgrade to Marauder! I have a character at level 38 or 39 flying a Corsair, so this is absolutely perfect timing!

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • deathkgtdeathkgt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Also Cryptic/PWi giving any usefull tier 5 ship to the Romulans , as well as Fed's and KDF's, even some crossfaction ship that was used/bought less would have been a logical course of action but hey ... Could be used as a good promotion!

Also my mother is very sick and i would like it if you had "manners" to leave her out of this.

I have nothing to be thankfull for so ofcourse i wont be thanking anyone for NOTHING.

If you have nothing to be thankful for, than leave, go somewhere else. Or you can just shut it, cuz no one wants to hear your griping. USEFUL SHIPS? Like the Armitage? Or B'rel, or the popular Romulan ships? Has it occur to you that might of been cryptic's plan? To give unpopular free ships because most of the popular ships have already been bought? Too bad your brain can't comprehend that.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Manners cost nothing, she should have teached you better then this, you should be ashamed of yourself! good day and try not to let the door hit your TRIBBLE as you exit

and all you n00bs call RACES factions the FED rom and kdf are not a faction its a RACE

a faction is something with in the race like the Maqies
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I still want to know if going to the Ship Vendor rather then the C-Store affected whether I got any of the ships as an account unlock or not?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These FREE account-wide unlocks must be claimed by Monday, August 19, 2013 at 10AM PDT when they will revert to their normal prices.

Gonna grind my kdf Nausican through the weekend, sweet news I thought I would miss out...

Still it would be nice to get my Rom VA a nice lil' pressie.

TY PWE (really don't get to say that too often;))
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    I still want to know if going to the Ship Vendor rather then the C-Store affected whether I got any of the ships as an account unlock or not?

I'm almost positive that it doesn't matter whether you claimed the ship from the Shipyard or the C-Store. There would be outcry if it did matter, but I can't say 100% since I've always unlocked stuff via the c-store.

You can test this yourself, but trying to claim the ship on another character.

-K
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool way to end the gifts. The Nebula retrofit, I would have never guessed. I don't have a use for it for now. However this will work on getting me to try a Sci Captain. As I can use that ship on that person. I might go and create one, to keep on the back burner for now.

As for the KDF ship. I been wanting a carrier ship to use on my KDF. So this will give me a good chance to have one.

Once again many thanks!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fact that we didn't get the D'kyr may have actually motivated me to farm for it. I think it's a great-looking ship regardless of it not having a fleet version or being the best ship available (I own a Vesta, but my Sci is Vulcan, with an all-but-2 person Vulcan bridge crew, so a Vulcan ship would have been icing on the cake). It won't take that long to farm, with 5 alts.
This discussion has been closed.