What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    for your info star trek online is not my main game i play. i am a subscriber and my main choice of game to play at the moment is star wars the old republic. sto is a secondary game i play when i don't feel like playing the old republic. the thing is these giveaways should not have level restrictions or locks on them. anyone can use them and anyone can enjoy them free and unencumbered. that is the point of a giveaway no restricitions period!
  • Options
    highlethighlet Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can be a 50 romulan with full geared out mkxii stf gear and still not be able to claim no matter allegiance unless you have a kdf/fed toon is the point...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Um, no. The point of a giveaway is to reward the loyal players. Apparently you're not among our number. Given that fact, why would you care? It's not like you're going to need more than the free ships in the first place...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blondie987 wrote: »
    for your info star trek online is not my main game i play. i am a subscriber and my main choice of game to play at the moment is star wars the old republic. sto is a secondary game i play when i don't feel like playing the old republic. the thing is these giveaways should not have level restrictions or locks on them. anyone can use them and anyone can enjoy them free and unencumbered. that is the point of a giveaway no restricitions period!

The level restriction has always been there even when they cost money the restriction is in place, it's not like they just added the restriction because it's free.

Players should have known that when Cryptic announced they were giving away free stuff from the C store, that they needed to be a certain level to claim certain items .
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So hey...tested out my question with the Rhode Island I have now.

Yep, it has no bearing whether you get the ship(s) from Ship Vendor or the C-Store. They stay unlocked!
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blondie987 wrote: »
    the thing is these giveaways should not have level restrictions or locks on them. anyone can use them and anyone can enjoy them free and unencumbered. that is the point of a giveaway no restricitions period!

....er....no?

Please point out to me the UN declaration on the rights of giveawayees.

Or failing that, the amendment to the US constitution enshrining the right to everything everyone else gets.

Maybe there's a passage in a holy book that runs, 'blessed are the ones who have done the least in game for they shall also get the same shinies other people get as a thank you for playing it'

Any of those would do.

Or maybe a note from your mum.
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You do have all weekend to get to level. Some things you may want to try to get to level is:
    • mirror universe
    • fleet actions
    • Missions in your Journal
    • Using the doff system

Mirror universe has been the best as I usually managed to get 2 levels or more each hour that it pops up.

You must have had some awful teams... Day before last I went from 31 - 36 in an hour, and yesterday from 37 - 41. Today an MU took me from 45 - 50. Best I have ever done, though, was 43 - 50 in an hour. If you have good, solid teams with a lot of damage, you can generally get several levels in an hour. Only exception would be lvl 10 - 19 teams, those, yeah, probably only a couple of levels if you're lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trelntreln Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I unfortunately do not have the time to grind to get the level in time. I just found out about it after a 10 hour work shift at a family dinner around 9pm. I didn't get home til 10:30pm and the only character I couldn't claim on was my Romulan, despite being able to collect the runabout.

Some people don't have the luxury of time like others do. But that is okay, My feds got em. Now to collect on the Klinks and get to bed.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Already had the Neb, but happy about the fat Orion cruiser. Since my KDF is a Sci, probably won't use it, but the hanger will be nice on my MU Carrier.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, Thank you!

I just rolled a Fed Sci and I've been wanting to try out carrier play. I pushed my Klingon to 40 last night just to be able to claim whatever today's ship was.

Thanks again. STO will never replace CoH, but it's the rebound relationship that's turned out to be a keeper. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    You must have had some awful teams... Day before last I went from 31 - 36 in an hour, and yesterday from 37 - 41. Today an MU took me from 45 - 50. Best I have ever done, though, was 43 - 50 in an hour. If you have good, solid teams with a lot of damage, you can generally get several levels in an hour. Only exception would be lvl 10 - 19 teams, those, yeah, probably only a couple of levels if you're lucky.

I said 2 or more which means depending on the level, depends on how fast and I have leveled multiple toons in this manner among other things. I have had some good and bad teams and it depend on what you are teamed up with first. That is why I said 2 or more with 2 being the minimum.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU CRYPTIC/PWI for giving us until Monday to claim this as I stayed up all night into morning to get to level 20 for the yesterday's gift. By having the weekend, I can get some rest and even go into work tomorrow without worry of not getting to level 40 from 20 in time.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Too bad my Romulan can not get these.
  • Options
    kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the "week of gifts"! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    barricaderbarricader Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got to love how you can -only- grab these ships if you're lvl40. So if you have a new character you've just started who's lvl1-49, you're ____ outta luck. Nice rip-off.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since I am away from my computer, I could only watch the give away via website. Of course, I had all the item, so I didn't miss out. Maybe the next give away will surprise me with something new.

Still, it was good of STO to show player appreciation;

Looking forward to S8 and Winterfest, :D
  • Options
    milietamilieta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do have to wonder is there a reason that Romluan Captain who meet the level rank can not claim the ships?

It does seem odd as a number of KDF and Fed ships are available for purchase in the ZEN store, however the current free ships are not available for them?
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wanderintx wrote: »
    Extending this one until Monday morning was a nice gesture. Bet there are a lot of people logged in and leveling up.

Now Cryptic, the best way to maximize giving away a free Nebula is to create and sell the Venture style skin for it while everyone is flying one around. Especially nice for us long-time Nebula fans. Please! :D
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I already have the Nebula, but that's okay. I've claimed everything else and will be able to claim the Marauder for my Orion Sci later tonight.

Thank you very much, Cryptic/PWE! This was a very nice gesture (and smart marketing/PR) on your part and it is appreciated.
    The Nebula retrofit was actually a ship that I would rather have had than one that I did buy (the long range science vessel retrofit), so I am happy about that.

On the down side.... Well, I am just not in to Klingons. I find their act to be kind of silly. That's me.

I had a Klingon that I made because I could just sitting around waiting to be played, and when I saw this promotion I decided to give him a try. It didn't last long.

I thought that maybe a Romulan would be better, and so I made a Romulan and it was better (at least what I experienced so far), but not perfect (why are the Romulans trying to ally with both factions, but end up joining one faction to attack the other through PvP, deep space encounters, and even some duty officer assignments? That would actually just reinforce the negative view of Romulans as scheming manipulators and both factions would leave them to their own devices rather than work with them as allies).

But I digress... The point is that while I have managed to level a Romulan on the Klingon side up to the point where I could claim yesterday's free Klingon ship, I guess that they are all out of benefits now if they can not claim this ship.

I understand to a point. Romulans are new and people are probably spending money on them, while these two ships (and yesterday's) are probably not selling so well, so there is little to lose by giving them away.

Still and all, appreciate the stuff, but stiffing the Romulans today is going to result in some negative feedback.

fIRST ATTEMPT at multi-quote. If those above had not read yet, you have all weekend to get your KDF or Fed up to level to get yesterday's ships. Me, I will be resting soon after doing a few missions and doing Mirror event in 4 hours. Cryptic really understood how hard it would be to power level to 30 and you should take advantage of this rare opportunity to both level and see new mission content and get something for free at the end of your hard work.

To those of you above not complaining or concerned about not being level, thank you for realizing this was pointed out and for realizing how awesome this promo has been.
  • Options
    bejalprenbejalpren Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Cryptic for this great promo! It's appreciated. :D
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arthuliasx wrote: »
    Though I appreciate the free ships, at the same time they are useless to me as my main is a romulan, and I noticed romulan captains kinda got stiffed on this weeks giveaways, 2 fed only uniforms, and now high tier ships we cant even use? yeah the shuttles were nice, but with only 2 shuttle missions in the game its hardly a big deal, and the low tier ships with consoles hardly help since neither console is really that good.

All in all I feel that romulans were left out in this giveaway, intentionally or not, and I don't think thats very fair for those of us who prefer to play romulan.

Nonetheless I love the game, thanks for all the hard work ^_^

they said no freebies for romulans since they are less than 3 months old. which is the minimum for sale discounts.
  • Options
    yavinsknightyavinsknight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, been planning on making a sci fed for awhile, these ships will come in handy, may even make another kdf to try out the kdf ships as well.
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what another sci ship???

well, prevous was t2, this is t5 whcih is much more nice :).
  • Options
    tru2007tru2007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the free swag :) but no love for Romulans again?
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rommie is only three months old. Too new to be on the freebie list. Yet. Maybe next time.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    nyghthawk1nyghthawk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the Free Stuff!! Great Week - Thank you!
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have to say a BIG thanks for the giveaways, I'm 5 for 5 on my Fed and the ships were on my choice list when I was getting my other ships so I'm well happy!:D
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    walterofbishopwalterofbishop Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bunch of great giveaways - thank you for all the hardwork.
  • Options
    fashthemighty1fashthemighty1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I woulda prefered the Varanus and Dkyr and not the space pig and Frisbie, but mkay, guess ill take em.... lol
    I spent two mill on gear for a varanus thinking we would get it, that was a waste of ec....
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I woulda prefered the Varanus and Dkyr and not the space pig and Frisbie, but mkay, guess ill take em.... lol
    I spent two mill on gear for a varanus thinking we would get it, that was a waste of ec....

It was never even hinted that we were getting the Varanus, and the only hint we had for the D'Kyr was that it was updated on Tribble.

No one to blame but yourself there. And I'm sure a bit more gratitude for stuff that's been given to you as a gift would be appreciated by Cryptic.

I made out like a bandit on this promotion. 7/8 - 8/8 if you consider I can now use the DS9 outfit on all characters.

Thanks Cryptic!
This discussion has been closed.