What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So funny... all of the trolls that are on these forums. Almost as bad as some other MMOs out there.

Thanks for the week of freebies. Just started playing about a month or so ago so I had none of these. Of course even if I had each and every one of them I wouldn't come to these forum posts to whine about it... If I had them already then I would have been enjoying them for some time before now. The only way I can see being even the least bit sad is if you bought any of this stuff last week or something.

well maybe you haven't been around long enough to know how things work... IMO this was all just a marketing ploy to sell ship slots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    haddenham1haddenham1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to sincerely thank Cryptic for this whole week. I have been playing STO for a very long time, and I never really played Klingon faction. As soon as I heard you was giving some free ships to both sides, I hoped on my only lvl 15 Klingon and started grinding for lvl 50! I must say, without that incentive I would have missed out on all the new missions and content you got going on for Klingon. To clarify, new to me is I haven't logged onto my klink since season 1 O.o Now that Everything is set up and I know what they have to offer, I will be spending a lot more time in the KDF now. ^_^ Of course, Thank you for all the new clothing, small craft, and ships! I appreciate you guys giving back to the players as a whole, even though some of them are not as grateful as they should be.

On a personal note to everyone who is complaining, I don't understand how you could possibly be unhappy with this whole week unless you have purchased everything they have given away. Note that if you are a person who purchased everything in the give away, then you need to consider that you have obtained these things long before anyone who got it for free today.

-Norris Haddenham
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    Yeah Baby :eek::D TYVM been wanting the Marauder for awhile now, the Nebula is a nice bonus.
    My new Orion engineer gets to a new toy to try.

Now if only I could light a fire under CaptainGeko to give JamJamz the ok to design a T5 Retrofit and Fleet versions of the Qaw'Dun Bird-of-Prey they released for the KDF with LoR, just love the looks of it, its a great little ship with an awesome skin imho. great work JamJamz :D

Kudos to the Cryptic Team for a great summer event and the unexpected bonus prizes.
    Looking forward to the new FE pre-season 8 and the new carrier is it going to be Sheshar Dreadnought perhaps, does it have a cloak? it seemed to cloak and disappear in the Romulan tutorial mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm very happy. I didn't have ANYTHING given away this week so I got 5 items. Might not use all five, but it's still nice.

Especially since I wanted the yellowstone runabout AND the admiral level Nebula. Which were both given out. Thank you cryptic and I hope you do this again!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO this was all just a marketing ploy to sell ship slots

Yeah, uhh, that's pretty much what all businesses are trying to do at all times: make money. Businesses hold giveaways and sales precisely because they hope that, while you're there, you'll buy other stuff too. There's nothing especially egregious or scandalous about what Cryptic's done with this giveaway, unless it's also scandalous for, say, a hardware store to hold a buy-one-get-one-free sale. ("But it's just a marketing ploy to sell tools!" Umm, yeah...)
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Loving my new Marauder, flies a lot better than my Vo'Quv.
    In an unrelated note: Can we have a Fleet Marauder?
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sooo when will the new Orion ship hit the C-Store shelfs?

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130816/3i2j4gxd.jpg

i mean.. come on, you already made it, you can sell it!

but i guess it is not worth it if it isn't attached to a 5000 Zen pack and KDF ships aren't selling anyway.

PS: thanks for that FREE Orion ship with holes in the geometry, bad textures, and a full side of windows missing... which never will get fixed anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    Loving my new Marauder, flies a lot better than my Vo'Quv.

I am so looking forward to flying it again! I had one on Tribble and absolutely loved it. :)
  • Options
    dunfalachdunfalach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sirokk wrote: »
    Nice! Thanks, Cryptic!

Too bad my Klingon is only Level 22. I wanted to work on him last night, in preparation for today, but was almost literally dead tired.

Anyone know how to get a KDF char from 22 to 40 in one evening? After work? With a family to take care of?

:D

Don't forget to run as many Doff missions as possible. Some of them can give out quite a bit of XP. Are there any Foundry missions that are relatively short and repeatable for XP grinding?
    i vote if there is a giveaway next year, its should be all romulan, as well we kind of got left out this year.
    Correct -- it's a T5 ship.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If you unlock the ship on a Fed/Klingon character, and Romulans later get access to T5 ships, is it safe to suspect it would be available to them then?
  • Options
    snopelsnopel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Man this was great, everything given away I had not yet bought so I got everything =)

Thanks for the giveaway =)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dunfalach wrote: »
    Don't forget to run as many Doff missions as possible. Some of them can give out quite a bit of XP.

Also, the mirror event is great for leveling. Last night, one of my newer Roms went from 23 to 28 in less than an hour. :D
    dunfalach wrote: »
    If you unlock the ship on a Fed/Klingon character, and Romulans later get access to T5 ships, is it safe to suspect it would be available to them then?

Roms don't get their allies' T5 ships.
  • Options
    stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Loved the week's feebies. Some I had, some I didn't. Couldn't get the Marauder, because my Klink is only like level 20 (and working all weekend so I won't be able to level in time, but hey-ho), but I'm not overtly fussed about the Klingon side of things (I have an aversion to whining about fed players getting 'all' the good stuff ;)).

All really much appreciated, thanks to all those industrious people that make f2p STO possible!

Now, can someone tell me how to switch off the mega-lag inducing tachyon detection grid whilst it's being spammed at Sol and DS9 please? :eek:
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • Options
    captainiwwcaptainiww Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :mad:

5 days - allready have the gifts bought long time ago.

hope community enjoy there gifts i have paid for :eek:

have fun at the game and see you there

IWW :confused:
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uh... on my end its the nebula not the nebula retrofit thats free. Is that intentional or is there an error somewhere?
  • Options
    dunfalachdunfalach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol... you're grandma doesn't charge you $25-$50 for imaginary TRIBBLE that costs more than most actual games....

Imaginary stuff that....you don't actually have to buy to play the game. It's just there if you want it. Do I think some of it's overpriced? Yeah. But at least it's optional stuff that isn't required to play.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    sooo when will the new Orion ship hit the C-Store shelfs?

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130816/3i2j4gxd.jpg

i mean.. come on, you already made it, you can sell it!

Oh thats a nice looking ship I want please :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aikurisuaikurisu Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice freebies, Cryptic. Of all those given, I think I only had 3 already obtained, so it was a delight getting the rest. =)

As for the Rommies whining about getting the short end of the stick, you have to take into consideration that the race and their faction-specific stuff was only released not too long ago, so I understand why they got little out of this. As for Feddies complaining about KDF players whining about getting the short end of the stick for years, can you really blame them? Even someone with half a brain doesn't need to pull out the magnifying glass to know the Feddies have received twice as much support (if not more) in comparison to pretty much every facet of this game. The KDF players have had to make do with this handicap for quite some time but to be fair Cryptic has been slowly making amends ever since the Rommie expansion.

Sure, there's still a bit to go before the KDF is on par with the Federation, but progress is progress. Keep up the good work guys.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Woo! Free Marauder! :) Seriously, I was afraid I was going to be 0 for 5 this week. :D Thank you very much Cryptic.

On the down side I guess this means I'm going to have to finally get around to making that Orion slaver I've been debating for awhile now. :P
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was personally hoping for the Corsair, as it looks MUCH better than the Marauder. Otherwise, though, thank you once again Cryptic! Keep being awesome! :)

Incidentally, here is a very dumb question, but I want to be absolutely sure of this before I delete my Rhode Island to make way for the Nebula: is purchasing a ship off the C-store a permanent unlock? Ie, if I purchase a ship and then delete it, will I be able to re-purchase it again from the C-store free of charge?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    HOLY SMOKES You People are AWESOME!!1

The Nebula retro has one of the best BOff layouts of any sci ship out there and I'm really looking forward to seeing what sort of mayhem I can cook up with that Marauder. (now to look up the Klingon word for "goblin"...)
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Cryptic. :)
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To the guy who wanted to level up fast....

Buy a Large Commendation XP Bonus Pool from the exchange; maybe even two of them. It gives a boost (25%??) to the points you earn.

Keep in mind also---you only have to hit Level 40 to claim these ships, not level 50. You might just have enough time to do it. 22 hours and change left.
  • Options
    deuzigeblabladeuzigeblabla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OK i'll do it then, if no one will...
    I'll cry RACISM!!!
    Where are the Romulan free gifts??
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still curious as the last two days I went to the Ship Vendor to get them rather then the C-Store...

Does this affect anything or do I still get the ships I got Yesterday and Wendesday as well for Account Unlocks?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll cry RACISM!!!

bran has already said they are TOO new to be part of this!!!!
  • Options
    darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll cry RACISM!!!

You are not alone my friend.

A lot of ppl asking the same question on Facebook tho.

As the Romulan part may be new to the game doesnt justify the fact they got nothing today in the only , well maybe not only ofc but still, the best part of this giveaway.

They should have given out a compromise ship for the Romulans. Greedyness goes a long way when you give out "virtual" goods that cost you NOTHING to give out yet you still end up being stingy coz your afraid your sales in the "new" nation are gona go down coz you gave out a gift ... Lol
    orici1701 wrote: »
    bran has already said they are TOO new to be part of this!!!!

And what if they are new? That means an entire race of players should get no gift LOL ? I dont think i have seen that like ever... In any game!
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, Cryptic. My Orion might start flying an Orion ship now.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Incidentally, here is a very dumb question, but I want to be absolutely sure of this before I delete my Rhode Island to make way for the Nebula: is purchasing a ship off the C-store a permanent unlock? Ie, if I purchase a ship and then delete it, will I be able to re-purchase it again from the C-store free of charge?

If it's an account-wide unlock, then yep! :)
  • Options
    demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll cry RACISM!!!

ther are noe free things for the romulan's this was sad at the start has it's too new

THANK YOU for the free ships got all but the OS outfit and the Y. run. I got OS full set and the YRun when i ferst started to play STO back in Dec. i cant believe soooo mune ppl are ******** abot what was given out all of you need to get a life STO didnt have to do this in the 1st place even know i payed $30 for the Y. run and OS set im not bithing abot them givening them out now i got my $30 of use out of tham
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This has been a great week of giveaways. Yesterday, however, I was a bit of a sad puppy. After I logged in my Level 4 Orion Klingon character to claim the Phalanx Science Vessel I found that I had to be level 20. Probably a marathon leveling session could have worked but... Today, it is a Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser for the KDF, ah, well, plenty of stuff anyway.

My level 50 Romulan claimed the Rhode Island and as soon as I get home, the Nebula Class Retrofit. Too bad Klingon characters just couldn't unlock the items for the account but all in all it was a welcome treat and thanks to Cryptic for the gifts.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.