test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10 Conspiracy

atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
I'll keep this short and sweet.

I feel that Cytpic is intentionally making us (the player base) upset on purpose. So that Season 10 will be their chance to redeem themselves.

Hear me out.

A 10th anniversary is a big deal in humanity. We often celebrate the 10th year of;
Birth, Marriage and memorial (to name a few).

What if Season 10 is going to literally wipe the slate clean. What if Cryptic has a ever growing list of suggestions/bugs that they've kept secret from us? What if they have another server where they can internally test any/everything prior to sending it to Tribble. What if they have a small team of 4 people working on bugs and suggestions.

It's obvious they've mastered how to dodge the hard questions and comments. It's obvious that only a handful of their dev's (What's up Tacofangs :)), DARE come down to this forum to mingle with us Star Trek monsters.

This is just my 10 cents. I can't think of any other explanation as to why so many things have happened in the past 4 seasons that irritated the player base; Unless they plan to redeem themselves in our eyes with season 10.

Maybe, they will give us what we've been begging for. The ability to make our own Bridge officer layout for our ships (provided we pay the Zen first and it be a one time only conversion). For example I can sacrifice an ensign in order turn a Lieutenant slot into a Universal Lieutenant Commander slot.
One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
Post edited by ataloss on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wishful thinking, unfortunately. X2 - which is likely what's coming next - will be more of the same. Gameplay that lasts two-three hours, tops, subsequently padded out to a month by way of a brand new reputation system. Maybe a new zone. Maybe a couple of new PvE queues that aren't worth the effort for the reward at the end.

Nothing especially new, or innovative, or exciting. PWE has it's way set in stone, and there's no changing it now.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, unfortunately. X2 - which is likely what's coming next - will be more of the same. Gameplay that lasts two-three hours, tops, subsequently padded out to a month by way of a brand new reputation system. Maybe a new zone. Maybe a couple of new PvE queues that aren't worth the effort for the reward at the end.

Nothing especially new, or innovative, or exciting. PWE has it's way set in stone, and there's no changing it now.

You beat me to the punch on that one. However I disagree on PWE. I have sampled other PWE games and they actually know a thing or two about large worlds, my only real complaint about the other games is the price of micros and the way longer grind.

I will use Jade Dynasty as an example because its a bit lower end. The game has a world that makes STO look like a fish bowl. The funny part about this title is that its a year older than STO. It is also instanced but it loads quickly and they perform maintenance as a regular regiment. Although one aspect of JD is that it has 260 levels from the last time I played. It is a long term game and the higher micro prices are spaced out.

As far as Cryptic being able to surprise us I doubt this highly and I would say please share what the OP is on those are some dark rose glasses. Cryptic tends to miss the target in Critical Success factors that's why they seem to flounder along by knee jerking or just skating by. I blame the management and just being unable to compete on a triple AAA level. The IPs they have permission to use are the only thing that has ever kept them alive. STO should have died when Atari went down. However it will be 10 to 20 years away but CBS will hopefully choose a new Studio and learn from the mistake. The game had to have a decent life with Cryptic if CBS will give it a try again.

Although let's be honest and just blame the IPs because they chose the cheapest company they could find. CBS has mismanaged the IP of Star Trek and we should actually be head hunting them just as much, thank god the internet is doing its job and killing them too.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ataloss wrote: »

I feel that Cytpic is intentionally making us (the player base) upset on purpose. So that Season 10 will be their chance to redeem themselves.

Hear me out.

A 10th anniversary is a big deal in humanity. We often celebrate the 10th year of;

What if Season 10 is going to literally wipe the slate clean. What if Cryptic has a ever growing list of suggestions/bugs that they've kept secret from us? What if they have another server where they can internally test any/everything prior to sending it to Tribble. What if they have a small team of 4 people working on bugs and suggestions.

It's obvious they've mastered how to dodge the hard questions and comments. It's obvious that only a handful of their dev's (What's up Tacofangs :)), DARE come down to this forum to mingle with us Star Trek monsters.

This is just my 10 cents. I can't think of any other explanation as to why so many things have happened in the past 4 seasons that irritated the player base; Unless they plan to redeem themselves in our eyes with season 10.

Maybe, they will give us what we've been begging for. The ability to make our own Bridge officer layout for our ships (provided we pay the Zen first and it be a one time only conversion). For example I can sacrifice an ensign in order turn a Lieutenant slot into a Universal Lieutenant Commander slot.

No.

johngazman wrote: »

Yes.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This poor guy's in denial.

Unfortunately, so am I.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lololololololololololololololololol....oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ALL SPECULATION (Based on previous Dev comment that the next expansion doesn't have a new faction; and OLD Dev comments that they want to increase the SZTO Level cap, but didn't want to until they had enough content for players to consume to get to the new cap):

IMO - Expansion 10 will contain:

- A new Level cap (Probably Level 60)

- Enough new story/episode content to get a FED/KDF/Allied ROM character to 60.

- Mk XIII and Mk XIV gear

- A lateral way to 'improve' T5 ships at Character Level 60 (IE No they won't make T6 ships as there's too many CStore/Fleet ships that player spent real money on - so that will always be the base 'top tier' ship.)

- Yet another Reputation (maybe a couple)

- A lateral way to 'improve' Starbases and Starbase Holdings OR perhaps anther new Starbase Tier as well as upping the tier level on other holdings from Tier 3 to Tier 5.

- An expansion of items available in the R&D system to account for the level cap increase.

Again all speculation. We'll see what they announce at the STLV Con (which is what they're waiting for to start the info dump regarding Season 10/STO Expansion 2.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ataloss, that's an intriguing series of assumptions and thoughts.

But seriously, seriously doubt any of that is true.

crypticarmsman nails it about what's coming. (That's twice that I've vouched for his posts today. He's on a roll!) Same with johngazman's response.

At STLV, Cryptic/PWE would be smart to announce an open alpha/beta program for STO Season 10. As part of that program announcement, the STO Product Manager, Devs or Executive Producer would outline the program goals, WHAT needs to be tested, plus HOW they want to receive feedback. Then set up proper processes for receiving that feedback.

Cryptic/PWE needs to establish that specific features and functionality are locked down, leaving no guesswork or assumptions by the STO players/community that there's even a chance of implementing major changes.

And that was a HUGE issue which occurred during Season 9.5 Crafting and DOff UI testing, as solicited by Cryptic/PWE. Many people, imo, thought their feedback would result in sweeping changes. (Obviously, it didn't.)

If you don't like the changes, then you understand this is the product which Cryptic/PWE is delivering. It's their choice to produce an alpha (or beta) candidate to get feedback, squash bugs, etc. It's also their choice to engage the players (aka customers) on key features and gameplay which will RETAIN THEM.

Based on the latest nerfing to Xindi items, the DOff UI fiasco, the Crafting fiasco, the poor attitude of lead Dev CaptainGeko (Al Rivera) on STOked... plus the numerous, well-thought posts (not rants) of MANY players, you'd think Cryptic/PWE would try harder for Season 10...

Time will tell.
  • Options
    dshupedshupe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ALL SPECULATION (Based on previous Dev comment that the next expansion doesn't have a new faction; and OLD Dev comments that they want to increase the SZTO Level cap, but didn't want to until they had enough content for players to consume to get to the new cap):

IMO - Expansion 10 will contain:

- A new Level cap (Probably Level 60)

- Enough new story/episode content to get a FED/KDF/Allied ROM character to 60.

- A lateral way to 'improve' T5 ships at Character Level 60 (IE No they won't make T6 ships as there's too many CStore/Fleet ships that player spent real money on - so that will always be the base 'top tier' ship.)

- Yet another Reputation (maybe a couple)

- A lateral way to 'improve' Starbases and Starbase Holdings OR perhaps anther new Starbase Tier as well as upping the tier level on other holdings from Tier 3 to Tier 5.

- An expansion of items available in the R&D system to account for the level cap increase.

Again all speculation. We'll see what they announce at the STLV Con (which is what they're waiting for to start the info dump regarding Season 10/STO Expansion 2.

Starfleet Might get the Typhoon class and Jupiter class star ships
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is the second thread I see today with OP proposing that 9.5 is so bad it has to be intentionally made that bad. :D
    I guess that tells us something about HOW FRICKIN' BAD it really is.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014

Expansion 2 is before Season 10, X2 will be similar to LoR

What if Season 10 is going to literally wipe the slate clean.

I don't understand what you mean... when someone refers to "wipe the slate clean" it means erasing everything...
    What if Cryptic has a ever growing list of suggestions/bugs that they've kept secret from us?

They Do Have One, some devs have mentioned it.
    What if they have another server where they can internally test any/everything prior to sending it to Tribble.

They Do have a Private Internal Test Server where a handful of people have seen... aka only testers at Cryptic Studios
    What if they have a small team of 4 people working on bugs and suggestions.

The whole team works on their respective areas to fix bugs, i.e. Tailor, Ships, Ground, Consoles, UI, Mechanics... everyone works on their bugs

I can name a few... :D

Again X2 is before Season 10...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lol :D TL;DR - What if Season 10 is not being developed by Cryptic? :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I highly doubt there'd be mk 13 and 14 gear, they just released a new R&D and this would make SO many poeple angry
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I highly doubt there'd be mk 13 and 14 gear, they just released a new R&D and this would make SO many poeple angry

The Crafting system goes to Level 20 not Level 15 and there is nothing to craft at Level 20. Therefore, they have room to add Mk XIV equipment that can only be crafted at Level 20.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Crafting system goes to Level 20 not Level 15 and there is nothing to craft at Level 20. Therefore, they have room to add Mk XIV equipment that can only be crafted at Level 20.

Which people would not have access to until several months after the gear is added.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    inkrunner wrote: »
    This poor guy's in denial.

Unfortunately, so am I.

Your not alone, everytime I play STO I have a glimmer of hope stashed away in the back of my mind. Just about everything I do. I hear a little voice telling me how much better this could be if cryptic would only (do this). So I say to myself the same things sometimes that the OP says. That Cryptics gonna redeem STO in flaming glory with a Revamped Galaxy class with better stats and artwork but, alas here I set. Holding on to my hope.
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Season 10 will have the warp button replaced by a floating toll booth at Sol, New Romulus, and Qo'nos to charge us zen to enter and leave and the borg cube will be replaced by the borg lock box that's come to assimilate our wallets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A 10th anniversary is a big deal in humanity. We often celebrate the 10th year of; Birth, Marriage and memorial (to name a few).

Yeah, but STO has only existed for four years, so I fail to see the relevance.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    Lololololololololololololololololol....oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!

:( Yes I'm serious.

xiaoping88 wrote: »
    This is the second thread I see today with OP proposing that 9.5 is so bad it has to be intentionally made that bad. :D
    I guess that tells us something about HOW FRICKIN' BAD it really is.

Well that's because it's so bad that it has to be intentional. Every time we think things can't get more "messed up", it does.

hyefather wrote: »
    Your not alone, everytime I play STO I have a glimmer of hope stashed away in the back of my mind. Just about everything I do. I hear a little voice telling me how much better this could be if cryptic would only (do this). So I say to myself the same things sometimes that the OP says. That Cryptics gonna redeem STO in flaming glory with a Revamped Galaxy class with better stats and artwork but, alas here I set. Holding on to my hope.

I have the same feeling.

That's why I wrote my post. I just don't understand how a company can have so many players whom give so much advise constantly ignore those same players that fund their paychecks. Just look how long Klingon players had to complain just to start getting other ships. Look howl long those threads about the Galaxy existed until something was done. Everyone on this forum known's that the Romulans have so much overpowered benefits that it's almost insulting to play as any other faction. Yet,...all these cries and complains go ignored.

The list of bugs alone requires a whole season just to fix. I casually program games in c++ and C# so I can understand at times it's hard to find and fix a bug, but for some bugs to continue since season 3 or 4 is just inexcusable. You can literally hire a 3rd party to double check your code and clean up the bugs for you (encase you don't have the manpower to do so yourself).

At some point one of the guys in charge decided that Neverwinter will be Cryptic's lovechild and Star Trek Online will be the "special child" they lock in the basement, to the wall, in a cage and throw scrap of food to once a day. They decided that Season 10 will be the "feeding day" for that "special child" locked in the basement,...who's also known as Star Trek online. Maybe Season 10 will be the day that Star Trek Online players receive a Happy meal (with a toy) instead of the usual week old Milk, stale bread and uncooked rice.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Hear me out.

I first belive it when i see it.
    There where way too many letdowns and stuff that i hated which they introduced. STO could have become A W E S O M E, but it's kinda meh.
    And the sad thing about that is, with every single new patch it becomes more "meh".
    I think it began with season four and the "rework" of ground combat and that bizarre shooter mode. Before that, Ground combat was more strategic and less "point and shoot - pew - dead" -like.

Since then the game got more and more stuff i hated.
    (Except for the introduction of the (old) DOFF system and LoR, these are literary the only two exceptions.)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone who has been here for more than 2 or 3 seasons really believe this conspiracy theory? I think D'Angelo said something about introducing grinds for all content going forward (starting with grind-a-versery). They seem to be right on schedule and then some. Expect more of the same for Season 10.

I seriously hope people boycott zen purchases and send Craptic / PWE a message.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know exactly what the next season holds in store for STO, but I bet it will include these things for sure:

1. More power creep
    2. More grind
    3. EVEN more in game currencies
    4. More lockboxes
    5. More forum rage.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    I don't know exactly what the next season holds in store for STO, but I bet it will include these things for sure:

1. More power creep
    2. More grind
    3. EVEN more in game currencies
    4. More lockboxes
    5. More forum rage.

True. Especially #5. But can you blame us? :(
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    True. Especially #5. But can you blame us? :(

Supposedly we that visit this forum are the minority of the player base. Therefore our "rage" means nothing to them.

If this game didn't have Star Trek in it's title I would have left after I reached level 50 (then realized that I'm just a glorified Ensign, that doesn't give out any orders but is always being told what to do).
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2014

At some point one of the guys in charge decided that Neverwinter will be Cryptic's lovechild and Star Trek Online will be the "special child" they lock in the basement, to the wall, in a cage and throw scrap of food to once a day. They decided that Season 10 will be the "feeding day" for that "special child" locked in the basement,...who's also known as Star Trek online. Maybe Season 10 will be the day that Star Trek Online players receive a Happy meal (with a toy) instead of the usual week old Milk, stale bread and uncooked rice.

Unlikely. Champions is already that "special child."
  • Options
    schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I heard a rumor that the new faction is going to be the mirror verse. Wich makes sense since people have been asking for fleet versions of the ships anyways. They resale you a ship you already own but with a different boff and consule layout. So in other words lazy dev/greedy gecko faction..
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Can I have some of what you're smoking?
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that the new faction is going to be the mirror verse. Wich makes sense since people have been asking for fleet versions of the ships anyways. They resale you a ship you already own but with a different boff and consule layout. So in other words lazy dev/greedy gecko faction..

No new factions for EXPANSION TWO.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »

Well, someone's yanking your chain because there will be no new faction for the next expansion.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I know, I heard that rumor too when the aliens took me up in their spaceship! :rolleyes:

This was the perfect year for Weird Al's Foil Song.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.