What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Damn, of course day 5 is also two ships I already own.

Oh well, the Phalanx yesterday was pretty sweet and the Yellowstone/To'duj combo the day before was a big win for me. So really, I still wanna say thanks for these. And if it means anything, having the Phalanx is tempting me to pony up for the other two Gorn ships and roll a Gorn toon.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Should've been the Dacoit :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rex9234 wrote: »
    you should be able to still buy it but not use it
    Sadly, Cryptic doesn't allow you to do that. No KDF ships for me this go-round. I got the fighter, though.
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Cryptic/PWE, got all the ships. Don't think this excuses you from all the bugs, nerfings and glitches though. :D

In PWE Cryptic, ship buys you!
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really? A sci ship?

It's free get over it
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Romulan stuff is less than 3 months old.

I don't think any of us were expecting the new items. I mean really. No one really has an issue with that IMO...

The issue is that the "give-away" was very Fed centric and the some crumbs for KDF.

There were plenty of ships with decent consoles that all KDF and Romulans could have claimed.

Here is the break down:

Feds - 5 days of goodies
    KDF - 3 days of stuff
    Romulans - 2 days of low level TRIBBLE

There were many choices for items that would have been usable by ALL players. Remember this stuff is fake and digital and costs PWE nothing. The "values" are completelty made up and most are insultingly over priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I got lucky. None of the giveaways, did I previously own.

Thank you for the ships, and the pair of outfits.:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Klingons will have problems hiding behind their cloaks now

Wow! I was wanting the Nebula for a while...THANK YOU CRYPTIC! Do this again for X-mas week please!

My Klingon is not high enough for the Marauder but...eh I don't think I am missing much with that one. 1 Hangar and more Engineer oriented (my Klingon is a Science). So I think I will pass this one up.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thank you for the free stuff!!
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valenja wrote: »
    and kdf romulans get nothing ? : /

KDF Romulans got the To'Duj and the Phalanx. I'd say that's more than nothing.

(Unless you mean just today, in which case, yeah.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My FedRom thanks you, my KlingRom thanks you, but most of all, my wallet thanks you! :D

Amen! /10char
  • Options
    phaserfredphaserfred Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eh, the nebula is garbage. There is a reason these ships are being givin away for free..

They are all the least desired, least purchased in the game. No real gain here.

Peace!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    siobhanin wrote: »
    "So, there are seriously people who paid real money for the nebula?"
    "Yeah!"
    "Lol, Idiots. How can we punish them for buying the ugliest ship in the game and make sure they never ever spend real money on this game again?"
    "Oh, I know! We give the ship to everyone else for free!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

How the heck are you being "punished"? If it's such an ugly and terrible ship, why do you care that others are getting it for free?
  • Options
    wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Extending this one until Monday morning was a nice gesture. Bet there are a lot of people logged in and leveling up.

Now Cryptic, the best way to maximize giving away a free Nebula is to create and sell the Venture style skin for it while everyone is flying one around. Especially nice for us long-time Nebula fans. Please! :D
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    phaserfred wrote: »
    Eh, the nebula is garbage. There is a reason these ships are being givin away for free..

Peace!

OH NOEZ! FREE STUFF! HOW EVIL! WHAT A SADISTIC COMPANY! QQ FREE STUFF IS BAD!! MKAY???

How bout you just whine to your friends instead of going on everybodys nerves?

Oh yeah right... would need friends for that....

anyway, Thanks to PWE/Cryptic, i really enjoyed the giveaway.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    phaserfred wrote: »

Peace!

Say it with me: ungrateful. Come on, together: ungrateful.
    A strange word, isn't it?
    Seriously, sometimes I can't imagine the type of upbringing you guys went through for being that ungrateful if gifted with something.

I, for one, learned that I have to say thank you to my grandma even if I did not like my birthday present from her. Is that out of fashion these days?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store items are the Nebula Class Retrofit and Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Very nice, thank you!
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Say it with me: ungrateful. Come on, together: ungrateful.
    A strange word, isn't it?
    Seriously, sometimes I can't imagine the type of upbringing you guys went through for being that ungrateful if gifted with something.

I, for one, learned that I have to say thank you to my grandma even if I did not like my birthday present from her. Is that out of fashion these days?

lol... you're grandma doesn't charge you $25-$50 for imaginary TRIBBLE that costs more than most actual games....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol... you're grandma doesn't charge you $25-$50 for imaginary TRIBBLE that costs more than most actual games....

The base game is free to play. You would have a point if it would have a monthly fee like in the ancient days.

Also, maybe my grandma did. :D:p
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think we should also add that this removes the Romulan's cloaking advantage in PvP...
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I already have the Nebula, but that's okay. I've claimed everything else and will be able to claim the Marauder for my Orion Sci later tonight.

Thank you very much, Cryptic/PWE! This was a very nice gesture (and smart marketing/PR) on your part and it is appreciated.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valenja wrote: »
    and kdf romulans get nothing ? : /

This was explained in detail at the start of the Free give-away.

As the Romulan ships are still NEW they will be unable to participate in this round.

Please see Branflakes dev blogs for a clearer explanation
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Nebula retrofit was actually a ship that I would rather have had than one that I did buy (the long range science vessel retrofit), so I am happy about that.

On the down side.... Well, I am just not in to Klingons. I find their act to be kind of silly. That's me.

I had a Klingon that I made because I could just sitting around waiting to be played, and when I saw this promotion I decided to give him a try. It didn't last long.

I thought that maybe a Romulan would be better, and so I made a Romulan and it was better (at least what I experienced so far), but not perfect (why are the Romulans trying to ally with both factions, but end up joining one faction to attack the other through PvP, deep space encounters, and even some duty officer assignments? That would actually just reinforce the negative view of Romulans as scheming manipulators and both factions would leave them to their own devices rather than work with them as allies).

But I digress... The point is that while I have managed to level a Romulan on the Klingon side up to the point where I could claim yesterday's free Klingon ship, I guess that they are all out of benefits now if they can not claim this ship.

I understand to a point. Romulans are new and people are probably spending money on them, while these two ships (and yesterday's) are probably not selling so well, so there is little to lose by giving them away.

Still and all, appreciate the stuff, but stiffing the Romulans today is going to result in some negative feedback.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But...but, I already have the Nebula. :eek:

Nice call though, it's a good ship for those that don't already have it. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    elzzidprimeelzzidprime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So funny... all of the trolls that are on these forums. Almost as bad as some other MMOs out there.

Thanks for the week of freebies. Just started playing about a month or so ago so I had none of these. Of course even if I had each and every one of them I wouldn't come to these forum posts to whine about it... If I had them already then I would have been enjoying them for some time before now. The only way I can see being even the least bit sad is if you bought any of this stuff last week or something.
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store items are the Nebula Class Retrofit and Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

All I can say is BRAVO, BRAVO. Great way to end the summer event.

;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The issue is that the "give-away" was very Fed centric and the some crumbs for KDF.

I wouldn't call the KDF stuff "crumbs". The Phalanx is a good T3 science ship (not to mention, the only T3 science ship the KDF has). The To'Duj is an awesome fighter. The Marauder, while not a dedicated carrier, is a pretty cool ship with a unique carrier pet. I can understand being disappointed that the KDF didn't get something on all five days (I am too), but "crumbs"? That's overstating things a tad, I think.
    Romulans - 2 days of low level TRIBBLE

It may be "TRIBBLE" once you've hit 50, but it's nice when you're leveling. (At least IMO -- I can understand why other Roms would want to stick to only warbirds.)
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks again Cryptic for all the free stuff! :D 7 out of 8 new items is pretty good. I even called these two ships for today back on Monday evening (though I didn't post it anywhere, should have and bet some money on it; oh well :eek: :D ) Still a win win.

Love the game and will play as long as it is around (hope to get a lifetime sub one of these days).

Live long and Prosper, Cryptic and STO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    biscuitronicbiscuitronic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I kinda liked being the only person in the universe with a Marauder. But thanks for the Nebula!
This discussion has been closed.