What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SOMETHING MY FEDS DON'T HAVE! Something I wanted! Thank you for doing this give away. *Goes to replace his Science character's old tier 3 Nebula purchased with ENERGY CREDITS*
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    ocelot2ocelot2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This week you have gotten off your knees and soared! You've let the dream take flight!!!
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So are characters that are too low level to get this just going to miss out?
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So are characters that are too low level to get this just going to miss out?

Only if you have just one character, and you can't/won't level to level 40 before Monday @ 10 am PDT.

It's account-wide unlock, just one character on Fed and one character on KDF has to be at level 40 in order to claim it. Then when the others level up, you can claim it on them.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The Nebula is a great ship and I'm glad more people will get to fly it. Don't forget to pick up a discounted (1 module) Fleet Nebula if you like it.

Are you sure you can get a Fleet Nebula with only 1 module if you got it for free? I mean, my T5 ships were free, and to get a Fleet version I have to use 4 modules.

They are calling this a C-store "sale" @ 100% discount, so maybe you can? Interesting - will have to look into it.

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My KDF toon is an Orion. I'd like to apologize on behalf of my species for the horrid design aesthetic of the Marauder. Seriously, nice ship, great price, but that thing wasn't designed or constructed - it congealed.

(Oh, I claimed it, of course - free ship, I'm not stupid... :) )
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    My KDF toon is an Orion. I'd like to apologize on behalf of my species for the horrid design aesthetic of the Marauder. Seriously, nice ship, great price, but that thing wasn't designed or constructed - it congealed.

(Oh, I claimed it, of course - free ship, I'm not stupid... :) )

Made me laugh :D

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote:

(Oh, I claimed it, of course - free ship, I'm not stupid... )
    Ahem. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' I like how this one looks. A pretty girl with some curves who isn't ashamed of them. And since she is a Science ship, dat means she gotz brainz too. But every time I take her out from Qo' nos or Ganalda, I keep hearing Ozzy in my head:

"Gen'rals gathered in their masses. (da Dum!)
    Just like witches at Black Masses.(da Dum!)"

I.K.S. War Pigs reporting, "Ready Op", Sa'Sogh! We serve the Empire proudly and with honour!

Thanks, people! All of the items are things which are useful. The ships today are pretty good. I think they have been overlooked and undervalued by the majority of players. I include myself in this group. Now all I need to do is roll up some new characters for these ships and I am all...

Hey! Waitaminnit!

Well played, pwe/cryptic. Well played, indeed. ;)

j/k. All of the free giveaway items are good to go. Thank you so much and here's hoping you get giveaway fever again sometime in the near future.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excellent! Now the missus can have her flying pancake too!

And thanks for the Marauder!! :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Always wanted to try out a carrier, but never fancied the mirror Vo-quv. Plus, I'm running an Orion KDF character so now I can rp properly (:

Now all we need is a fleet version.......

Though I must admit, its a shame the marauder doesnt unlock orion interceptors. They look incredible at elite level. Guess I'll just have to save up for a dacoit.

Nebula is an incredible pressie too, and should hopefully bring some more interest to the woefully besieged sci class.

The biggest upshot of this fedside is that reliable mass cloak detection has become widely available across federation pvp. Once the majority of fed pvpers work out how to optimise their nebbies, having even one nebula per match will seriously even the odds against klinks and roms, who at the moment are stomping us into the ground (except for kdf pugs vs fed premades and kdf vs kumari heavy teams).

Not to mention everyone having ultra cheap access to top quality fleet ship. Expect the price of fsm's on the exchange to skyrocket.

And of course, the most important thing of all: I called which ships we'd get three days ago. Does childish victory dance (:
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    dwhornetdwhornet Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the ships cryptic.... Just curious to why you didn't let it unlock the discounted rate of the fleet ships variants. Is this Working as intended?
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2013
    what another sci ship???

That was my reaction at first as well....but then, after having a good look at the Neb, I think this could be a really good ship for the Azure Rescue, one of my favorite STF's.

As for the Marauder..hmmm..good to know that I have all weekend to level up my Klingon toon, but for a ship that I would describe as "remarkably unremarkable" and fuglier than all 7 deadly sins, that may not be a priority after all. ;)

Anyway, thanks for all the free stuff...I shall try to put it all to good use! :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice indeed. I always wanted to get the Nebula class retrofit, but didn't because of the whole science sucking thing.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic/PWE I want to say thank you.

Firstly - thank you for the week of suspense and anticipation I have had waiting impatiently for each free gift to be announced. I love surprises and I even appreciate them when I already have them, because I appreciate the thought (in the case of my friends it shows someone knows me well enough to predict what I like). I had the DS9 outfit from the collectors edition (but my wife didn't). I claimed the TOS command tunic (which my wife had but not me, hmmmmmm). I went on to claim both small craft and both vessels on Thursday. Then, as I had argued against why a D'Kyr was likely, you blew me away with one of my favourite vessels: the Nebula Retrofit. Thank you. My Klingons thank you also.

Secondly - thank you for a week of free gifts. Totally unexpected after a free Risian Corvette for minimal work.

Thirdly - thank you for forcing me to use the 4 character slots I have begging for captains. I now have ships I must plan into their careers and I do so love to plan ahead.

As an aside to those Romulan-only captains - have you never been to the movies? In the UK nearly every cinema I know has a sign by the cash register exempting the newest releases from ticket deals to capitalise on box office sales during the first few weeks. Nothing new there. Why should STO give away the newest hotness when they are still pushing the Legacy Pack?

I play all three factions. 2 Fed, 3 KDF and 1 Reman so far on my account (my wife has 2 Feds, a Klink and a Romulan). I have 2 spare slots. I had planned a new Romulan captain but the freebies make me want a Fed and KDF first. I'll still do the Romulan... I'll just have to buy another slot...
    Well played Cryptic.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you sure you can get a Fleet Nebula with only 1 module if you got it for free? I mean, my T5 ships were free, and to get a Fleet version I have to use 4 modules.

They are calling this a C-store "sale" @ 100% discount, so maybe you can? Interesting - will have to look into it.

Yes you certainly can. That's the best part. :D
    A fleetie of mine already got it for 1 module and as soon as I put another 20 levels on my new sci. that I intend to fly the Nebula as his main ship, I'm doing the same. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I got ridicuously lucky and am eight for eight on the giveaways.

Thank you so very much.

As a previous poster hinted, the Nebula is going to make PvP rather different.

Although PvP is not something I've put more than fleeting moments into, the Nebula has given me a good reason to reconsider.

I'm looking forward to learning the in and outs of PvP, in large part thanks to this giveaway.

Two thumbs up.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    A fun video to watch of a Marauder in action :D

Turret Marauder Elite STF

Tnx for making great vids Thissler :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And for the last thanks... Thanks!
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you to everyone at Cryptic. This was a wonderful gift. Some very nice surprises. :)

I was hoping a Nebula class ship would be included. Wasn't really expecting a Tier 5 one though :D
    And always wanted to try out the Barrier generator on the Phalanx ever since I first saw it used in Starbase Blockade when I was a lowly newb (but never really liked the Phalanx itself enough to buy one) :P

So a huge THANK YOU from me. Off to play with my new toys.
    edited August 2013

Yeah, was asking for my fleet. All family members but for a few, and most of those family members only play on Family Game Nights, meaning not much leveling going on. So there are many who won't be able to get this one because of a lack of any high level character :-S

EDIT: Thus would have been nice to be able to unlock it for future use :-S
  • Options
    earthlunerearthluner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why are the Romulan players being left out ?
  • Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    earthluner wrote: »
    Why are the Romulan players being left out ?

Yeah, my Romulan was totally left out when I claimed the Rhode Island and promptly put the Photonic Displacer on my D'Deridex. :rolleyes:

(your affiliation may vary)
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    A fun video to watch of a Marauder in action :D

Turret Marauder Elite STF

Tnx for making great vids Thissler :D
    oooo I need to make a turret build for mine then it looks quite effective.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    askray wrote: »
    oooo I need to make a turret build for mine then it looks quite effective.

And that was supposedly with all stock parts, too, so if you beef up the ship/weapons past that ...
  • Options
    molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks to Cryptic for the free ships.
  • Options
    trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to thank Cryptic/PWE for doing this. I very much appreciate this and hope that you would be willing to do this once or twice a year.

I get that not everyone was able to get the items because they already had it but it was a nice gesture to the ones who do not have it. I was able to get items from the last 3 days as the first 2 days I already had the items.

The Nebula was on my list of ships I wanted in the future so I was really happy to see this given out. Even if a ship is old, its still is usable to some.

Thank You Again :)
  • Options
    highlethighlet Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So romulans can't claim this ship no matter what allegiance?
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the thing is, is that we lower levels aren't able to claim any of this free stuff that pwo and cryptic are giving away. todays item is for rear admirals only and i am not a rear admiral. which sucks as i would really love to be able to claim and use this item but can't due to level restrictions. and i doubt this freebie giveaway will ever happen again. so those of us that are at lower levels are sol in the sense of being able to claim any of these freebie giveaways. :mad::(
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Blondie, I rolled my KDF toon when I heard this was starting. I made Brigadier General last night. And I don't actually play all that much - I had to push myself to get in more than an hour a night.

It's not their fault if you don't find the game sufficiently fascinating to have at least one high-level toon.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blondie987 wrote: »
    the thing is, is that we lower levels aren't able to claim any of this free stuff that pwo and cryptic are giving away. todays item is for rear admirals only and i am not a rear admiral. which sucks as i would really love to be able to claim and use this item but can't due to level restrictions. and i doubt this freebie giveaway will ever happen again. so those of us that are at lower levels are sol in the sense of being able to claim any of these freebie giveaways. :mad::(

You do have all weekend to get to level. Some things you may want to try to get to level is:
    • mirror universe
    • fleet actions
    • Missions in your Journal
    • Using the doff system

Mirror universe has been the best as I usually managed to get 2 levels or more each hour that it pops up.
This discussion has been closed.