test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 5 [Now Complete]

Comments

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks again, Cryptic Team. I have a Trill science captain ALT , about to make R/A . That Nebula will make the promotion sweeter. The marauder will make a fine addition to my KDF characters ship collections, and I can't wait to kit one out, and try it in combat. Thanks again!
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    siobhanin wrote: »
    If I had known that this ship was ever going to be given away for free, I would have never bought it.

Understandable. Had I known that the Phalanx was eventually going to be given away free, I wouldn't have bought that either.

But why blame Cryptic for this?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Understandable. Had I known that the Phalanx was eventually going to be given away free, I wouldn't have bought that either.

But why blame Cryptic for this?

Because they need a reason to complain and blame Cryptic.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    More Science?

Oh, this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I've just got a little problem with scientists. ~Jack O'Neill
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    Manners cost nothing, she should have teached you better then this, you should be ashamed of yourself! good day and try not to let the door hit your TRIBBLE as you exit

and all you n00bs call RACES factions the FED rom and kdf are not a faction its a RACE

a faction is something with in the race like the Maqies

Oh but manners do cost a lot ! She thought me just perfect but i guess the one that keeps talking about manners keeps slandering somebody who is sick is according to manners? Oh right :) have fun in the real world with those manners keyboard warrior!

Oh dont worry hun i will be around, lurking. I aint going anywhere just because you dont agree with me that the Romulans shouldnt have been left out.
  • misthollow1972misthollow1972 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is now upsetting as I have been able to get all the prizes up until now and todays ship can't be claimed unless you have a level 40 character on the Klingon side which means any of us that are under level 40 are basically screwed out of the rewards
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome choice.

Was expecting the D'kyr, but this is also gonna be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the entire week in total, it has been awesome.

I got all 7350 zen of free stuff, and I'm loving it.

As for all the whiners like: Another Science Vessel?, I'm not lv 40 yet!, blablabla.
    Get. Over. It.
    Science vessel is a good choice, some love for this department of STO. And if you're not lv 40 yet, why are you still here? Mirror Invasion is up! :D

Thank you devs.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This has been awesome(tm) and then some.
    I had the first offers of clothing. What I never expected were all these ships of lesser or larger sizes. fair enough, i never got them, since I am faithful to my engineer, but then so what. I have bought up most of the C-store, but nonetheless, i have been granted ships for three days now, and lo and behold. I didn't have any of them. Plenty of gratitudes from me. If You guys/girls ever coming to denmark, 1 beer/drink is on me.

:D
    /Floozy
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Finally, something I didn't have!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and all you n00bs call RACES factions the FED rom and kdf are not a faction its a RACE

*facepalm* And you call other people noobs? :rolleyes: Ultimate fail. :P

Please, read again what you've just posted. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    to all the moaners wingers gripers and whiners, if you don't like the lovely gifts we were given here try playing some other mmo especially if it has star in the title and see how much free you get.
    star trek online rules as far as I am concerned.
    three big chears for sto & cryptic hip hip horay , hip hip horay , hip hip horay.
    thanks again guys.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome promotion, Cryptic, and thank you. I ended up 5 for 8, already had both uniforms and the Nebula.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the free ships PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Manners cost nothing, she should have teached you better then this, you should be ashamed of yourself! good day and try not to let the door hit your TRIBBLE as you exit

MMOs, a gaming category to which STO belongs, have factions. Neither the Federation nor Klingon Defense Force (KDF) are races but are factions. However, both Romulan and Klingon races may be correctly substituted as factions for the longer equivalent as they are the leading race in each of their respective conglomerates. In the list of Feedback subforums you will find Klingon Gameplay and Romulan Gameplay. Does that mean Gorn, Nausicaans, and Remans have no place to voice their issues? Of course not.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't participate in the summer event. I didn't claim any of the freebies from the previous 4 days either.

However you can bet I grabbed these two first chance I got! And even though I barely got involved it's pretty obvious this summer event was a massive success, and the devs certainly earned a pat on the back.

Good job! Now nerf that new elachi console :D
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    THANK YOUU!!!!!! this is an incredibly touching gift! this week, you have made a very good impression on me. please, accept our thanks for a terrific week!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited August 2013
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Awesome choice.

Thanks for the entire week in total, it has been awesome.

I got all 7350 zen of free stuff, and I'm loving it.

As for all the whiners like: Another Science Vessel?, I'm not lv 40 yet!, blablabla.
    Get. Over. It.

Thank you devs.
    He is right. your whining is NOT appreciated. i thank the devs and the whole of cryptic/pwe.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited August 2013
    To quote ATT,

"Free is better!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    haddenham1 wrote: »
    I would like to sincerely thank Cryptic for this whole week. I have been playing STO for a very long time, and I never really played Klingon faction. As soon as I heard you was giving some free ships to both sides, I hoped on my only lvl 15 Klingon and started grinding for lvl 50! I must say, without that incentive I would have missed out on all the new missions and content you got going on for Klingon. To clarify, new to me is I haven't logged onto my klink since season 1 O.o Now that Everything is set up and I know what they have to offer, I will be spending a lot more time in the KDF now. ^_^ Of course, Thank you for all the new clothing, small craft, and ships! I appreciate you guys giving back to the players as a whole, even though some of them are not as grateful as they should be.

On a personal note to everyone who is complaining, I don't understand how you could possibly be unhappy with this whole week unless you have purchased everything they have given away. Note that if you are a person who purchased everything in the give away, then you need to consider that you have obtained these things long before anyone who got it for free today.

-Norris Haddenham

bravo well said.
    this reaffirms my comment from the other day people don't know what they are missing out on by not playing all 3 factions.:D

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    Well thats just wrong. i cannot believe this! Nothing but getting every single one of the giveaways because I did not already have them. Now i cant complain about the free stuff! So now I have to say Thank you for the free stuff. :rolleyes: :D
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • xarles2013xarles2013 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sad.... I can't claim either... Nothing for us Rom players... I hope the next free week we will get something... :(
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xarles2013 wrote: »
    Sad.... I can't claim either... Nothing for us Rom players... I hope the next free week we will get something... :(

The Romulan stuff is brand new. Think it was mentioned in the giveaway article that Romulan stuff wasn't going to be in the giveaway.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • danielxp5danielxp5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It makes no sense that Romulans can't claim the final ship for the faction they're aligned with...

I claimed the Rhode Island on my romulan, and had no trouble with it... Why make the last day faction specific without giving the romulans anything?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    danielxp5 wrote: »
    It makes no sense that Romulans can't claim the final ship for the faction they're aligned with...

I claimed the Rhode Island on my romulan, and had no trouble with it... Why make the last day faction specific without giving the romulans anything?

because the 2 ships are t5 (lvl 40) for fed and kdf only as romulans can only use up to t4 (lvl 30) of either faction you aligned with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i came home hoping for a Tactical t5 ship even tho i already have the armitage hec but thanks for the free ships i wont use.
  • pvtbelgarionpvtbelgarion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great job guy's, thanks!!!
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    To claim the T5 ships:

1. Log into the game on a Klingon/Federation character that is at least a Brigadier General (level 40) and has an available ship slot
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ?Ships? tab on the left
    4. Click on the ?Klingon Class? tab on the top
    5. Scroll down to and click on the ?Marauder Patrol Cruiser? item
    6. Click the ?Claim? button towards the bottom-right of the interface before the date and time below
    NOTE: Once you own the ship, if it has been discharged, it can be reclaimed via the C-Store or at Ship Requisitions

These FREE account-wide unlocks must be claimed by Monday, August 19, 2013 at 10AM PDT when they will revert to their normal prices.

That is a very nice way to end the summer event grab a Mirror event, Borg Red alerts, and some story missions bah-dah-bing lvl 40 before u know it :D

thanks again guys its been a great summer event, looking forward to Season 8 and the Winter event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow. Thanks Cryptic! The Phalanx and Marauder were ships I'd been thinking of buying for ages, for the console and hangar pet unlock... my good fortune to get both free. Sometimes you get lucky :).
  • madskillz007madskillz007 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have just added up the original prices of the items we got for free and it comes to a grand total of 7850 Zen points. How generous are Cryptic?
This discussion has been closed.