test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• lordkundolordkundo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First off lemme start by saying that I am super stoked aboout the advancement of the iconian plot. That is part of what i have been hoping for for the last 2 years. Here is the rest: we need a peace treaty with the klingons. We need an end to the war with the borg..still keep access to the borg STF's, but get them out of the main story..it has stalled for years now. Now we need some iconian STF's, and not just 1 or 2 new missions, we need at least as many as there are borg missions. I know this is alot of work, this is just MY opinion of where we need to be going.
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's good to see that one of these have come out at last :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wo are the new enemys. Voth, Malon?
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They must of got there hands on a borg ship by now! Ive destroyed thousands of the things. Id pay the life time sub for a cube!!! As long as it came with 5 weapon slots front and rear and the ability to launch a sphere. ARE YOU READING THIS BRANFLAKES!! life time sub!!

So the Community manager. (That has no say over game developement) is suppose to somehow create a playable Borg cube so that PWE can sell one lifetime sub? Did i get that right?
  • pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So the Community manager. (That has no say over game developement) is suppose to somehow create a playable Borg cube so that PWE can sell one lifetime sub? Did i get that right?

2 lifetime subs lol
    edited July 2013

You did but you ment 2 lifetime Subs. lol
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The next season should wrap up all the Story fragmens in the game. When you do patrol mission they say things like "The Romulans are doing experiments with some unknown ancient tech discoverend on this planet. Scan 5 objects anre report back you findings". And thats it. I reported my findings now what? There are lots of patrol missions like this with hints and suggestion of a sub-plot but it never goes anywhere. There needs to be a story arc that ties it all together.

I would love to see the Star trek Destiny story arc in this game. Seems like it would fit perfect. The Borg make on last final push to sterlize the entire Alpha quadrent, All the races putt together to stop them. A new race appears with the solution to the Borg problem. Story encompases all the series, Enterprise, DS9, Voyager. Its all there. Just pay the publisher some gratuity. Get the rights, and we have a awesome new story line to explore.

But some of the pervious posters are correct. The current story line needs to have all the plot holes fixed and all the sub-plots and stories brought together and resolved and a new exciting story line created. The current one is fragmented and hard to follow and in some instances makes no since. I am referring to the Fed/KDF story lines and the Pe-LOR Romulan Story lines. It really needs something to tie it all in and resolve/end it.
  • captainlangcaptainlang Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    End game Miranda Class ++ Please
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    End game Miranda Class ++ Please

End-game Estf's have already been beaten with current Miranda's so there's no need to upgrade these already Overpowered ships :D
    edited July 2013
    Why are you going to end the game, There needs to still be a lot added, Or a lot of people will not carry on playing it.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PWE, can you do more of these polls, there extremely enjoyable!

Anyway ... Maybe what they could do is do an FE for the top 3, that way EVERYONE(ish) is happy. :D

Vote Enterprise
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    PWE, can you do more of these polls, there extremely enjoyable!

Anyway ... Maybe what they could do is do an FE for the top 3, that way EVERYONE(ish) is happy. :D

Vote Enterprise

See, I'm all up for this BUT ... if this'll be like "tribble testing" or the "suggestion" forum then they'll not really listen or post polls that're so broad that they could mean anything.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm so glad that we're getting more Reputation systems. The existing ones are just... SO MUCH FUN already.

:rolleyes:
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    See, I'm all up for this BUT ... if this'll be like "tribble testing" or the "suggestion" forum then they'll not really listen or post polls that're so broad that they could mean anything.

Well the last poll they did had playable Romulans as the winner with more Klingon content in second place. The game's first expansion gave us both of those, so I'd say they're doing a pretty good job on the listening to the polls part.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As I said in the PVP forums, I'm really disappointed to hear nothing about PVP improvements coming this year. And another rep grind? Give me a break.
    PVP players are some of the most dedicated players in the game and are more than willing to spend money on it. Throw us a freakin' bone for the love of Jebus.

-Fix the Queues so the average wait time is no more than 1-5 minutes.

-Integrate a PVP specific ship tier system with a competent matchmaking system so that equally skilled and geared players are matched up with one another. Points can be allotted for each piece of equipment like a ship Fleet/C-store ship with all T5 Omega gear, Mk12 purps. etc. has 1500 points for all gear/stats combined while a regular T5 ship with white or green gear with only T2 Omega Rep would have 800 points. Something along those lines.

-Add a PVP fleet leaderboard, individual player leaderboard

-Add persistent faction territory control of the galaxy. FedvKDFvRom.

-Add more stats! Show us our complete combat records over time, wins. losses, kills, damage dealt, damage taken etc.

-Add PVP specific trophies we can put on our bridges and meaningful rewards for each match. We shouldn't have to do 3 Arenas before getting something useful.

-Before a new console, weapon, or ship is released give a little consideration to how it will affect the PVP community. Then test it. Then test it again to make sure that it is 100% bug free and working properly BEFORE it is released. If you can't guarantee that a bug will be fixed in tribble have a QA person quietly try it on their ship on Holodeck for a while to make sure that it is working right before releasing it.

And finally. tell us when exactly this will be done. It's hard for us to hear "maybe season 8 or 9" and think "Ok great. I'm looking forward to this." Hearing something more concrete will help build trust with the PVP community.

These are just a few things that would make myself and a lot of people I know very happy and would keep those of us on the fence in the game.
    edited July 2013
    To me they should do some missions from the new star trek game on the xbox and all of that. But add it there way. It would be cool
  • wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm new to the game but I was expecting to have the Season 1 Skirt that was worn by both Male and Female characters in the Season 1 pack. Why wasn't that created?
  • chadstrattonchadstratton Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Cardassians should have been done before the Romulans. Please just let me know if we will have a Cardassian faction some time before this game eventually vanishes?
  • sokkahlesssokkahless Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cardassians. But leave out the True Way and the Dominion component and expand on the post-Dominion war struggles of the Cardassian Union. And please make them a *seperate* faction and don't make them ally with the Federation or Klingons. I enjoy the Romulans as an addition to the game, but they really should have been a standalone faction, imho.
  • igorche81igorche81 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sokkahless wrote: »
    Cardassians. But leave out the True Way and the Dominion component and expand on the post-Dominion war struggles of the Cardassian Union. And please make them a *seperate* faction and don't make them ally with the Federation or Klingons. I enjoy the Romulans as an addition to the game, but they really should have been a standalone faction, imho.

Totally agree with you. Romulans should have been made as anew completely separate faction and not dependent on either Federation or Klingon Empire.

When I saw that my Romulan can fly Fed ships I stopped playing with him. No purpose other then to use him for grinding dilithium.
  • skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why not let us vote with what matters... the bottom line?

How about offering a sort of starter bundle for each series, with the promise that the best selling one will mean further content down the road? That way, we can also support as many of the shows as we like.

Because dainty votes on a poll are one thing. Whining about a Delta Quadrant grind zone is all well and good, but how many are willing to actually spend on VOY content?

With the exception of a Captain Proton bundle that includes the Dr. Chaotica outfit and a killer
    robot combat pet, I can honestly say I won't spend a dime (or a unit of dil) on any Voyager related cstore offerings.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    igorche81 wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. Romulans should have been made as anew completely separate faction and not dependent on either Federation or Klingon Empire.

When I saw that my Romulan can fly Fed ships I stopped playing with him. No purpose other then to use him for grinding dilithium.

No sense in what you said. Tier 5 romulan ships are romulan exclusive, and tier 5 federation/kdf ships cannot be used.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • skinner376skinner376 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I think the Xindi should be the next faction. You already have 4-5 different "races" you can play. And they already have some ship designs they can copy off of. And as for the aquatic they either give them a "breathing suit" or just say that their 'Young" can live outside of water like tadpolls do until they reach a certain age.

As for the poll i voted Voyager, like everyone else I think it'll be cool to visit the Delta quad, and fight some of those annoying Kazons and Malons. Maybe some of the delta quad aliens formed a mini federation and joined up to make themselves stronger. Just in case of the federation invasion some feared.
  • pete83pete83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More minor races would be good as a lesser threat Eg. Talarians Xindi, Talarians could be a new ally for the klingons also. A next generation version of the akula class would be cool and since a game doesn't have to remain strictly canon, so if you could get permission it would be cool to see races from starfleet command like the Lyrans, Mirak, Isc and the Hydran, also as new ancient threats you could throw in the occasional chadok encounter and stuff like. The next faction has to be cardassian waiting for that one of my favourite races.
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the Xindi show up, I will not be able to take this game seriously. NO XINDI!
    edited July 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    If the Xindi show up, I will not be able to take this game seriously. NO XINDI!

Why? :(:(:(
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

edited July 2013
    skonn wrote: »
    Why not let us vote with what matters... the bottom line?

Agreed , and it is fun :D:cool::)

• pete83pete83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a game it's not serious if they do them well the xindi could be good
    edited July 2013
    pete83 wrote: »
    It's a game it's not serious if they do them well the xindi could be good

Why do you think they are not worth it anyway? :confused:

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's the Poll and that discussion...but there's also the general discussion of the article itself.

While the article is obviously not a detailed plan involving everything that is going to be taking place through January, I can't help but notice the following...

PvP...
    S8 was going to be about PvP.
    PvP was going to be a big part of S8.
    PvP was going to be a part of S8.
    PvP is not even mentioned for S8.

Yes, S8 became LoR and it was understandable that S8 would not be about PvP - so it became S9. Then it was split between S9-S10. With us being back to S9 being S8...

..is there any reason for those players that try to enjoy STO for the PvP should stick around for S8? Not that they should stick around for S9 or later...no, is there any reason that they should stick around for S8...?
This discussion has been closed.