test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have foundry mission been nerfed?

slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
I used to do daily foundry mission that would fill up my inventory and then some.... I would have to recycle some items just to loot more.... of the 4 mini maps in my foundry daily mission 3 would drop loot and the 4th wouldn't.

Since last patch I have noticed that only the 1st 2 drop loot and nothing from the last 2. Now it doesn't even fill up my inventory. Daily profit has gone from 500K-800K EC daily to 300K-500K EC.

Today I only netted 250K EC....

Whats the deal?
Post edited by slachance on

Comments

• Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sounds like you got PWE'ed into having to grind some more.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anything that earns EC is nerfed silently and you will get no reply from any PWE employee, at least not for 180 days.
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sounds like you got PWE'ed into having to grind some more.

What is PWE'ed?
  • Options
    sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    slachance wrote: »
    What is PWE'ed?

I'll answer that. PWE is a business. You being able to earn EC and buy stuff cuts into their profit. You can figure the rest out?

hint hint* you're supposed to buy keys with real money and sell them for fake money on the exchange
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Post before you kind of explains it. And not just you in particular. They keep adding more ways to make it so you have to grind more to earn what you get.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    slachance wrote: »
    Since last patch I have noticed that only the 1st 2 drop loot and nothing from the last 2. Now it doesn't even fill up my inventory. Daily profit has gone from 500K-800K EC daily to 300K-500K EC.

Today I only netted 250K EC....

Whats the deal?

Its because you're taking advantage of 'Q's double Exp deal. Foundry drop cap limits are based on the amount of Exp gained. If you gain Exp twice as fast, its to be expected you will get half as many drops...
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its because you're taking advantage of 'Q's double Exp deal. Foundry drop cap limits are based on the amount of Exp gained. If you gain Exp twice as fast, its to be expected you will get half as many drops...

This is what it is right here. If you're trying to farm with the Q bonus exp on, you're only going to get half the drops. Tested it myself.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To sum up: Q is a sneaky trickster god who is showing you the folly of avarice and impatience.
    <3
  • Options
    lukemblukemb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm they have been nerfed by roughly 50%. Q's bonus is not related as I tested without it and you still get much less than before.

I tested across different Foundry missions and the result is the same.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    As I mentioned here:
    Loot drops in Foundry missions have not been altered.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Loot drops in Foundry missions have not been altered."

Has anything been altered that might affect foundry mission loot drops indirectly? That is a different statement than "Foundry mission loot drops should not be impacted by any changes"

I am not sure how the foundry loot worked, but I don't see a problem nerfing the foundry farm missions. That doesn't seem an honorable way for EC, at least the fishin a barrel missions.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As I mentioned here:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Although I need to add the dil rewards are nerfed, as it seems with Spotlight'd missions I don't get any more +time rewards. Always 2400 flat the first time and 960 on second try. No +time played dil added anymore.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lukemb wrote: »
    I can confirm they have been nerfed by roughly 50%. Q's bonus is not related as I tested without it and you still get much less than before.

I tested across different Foundry missions and the result is the same.

I have done different foundry missions on different characters and not only have I been getting half the drops but also half the skill/expertise points as well. And I have NOT been getting the boost from Q, nor do I have any other boosts.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I hadn't thought of even using Q for farming foundry as I don't do foundry for exp just EC....

Today was a little better got 400K but still a far cry from my highest ever of 950K..... and I hadn't even been on ESD since last night (12 hours ago).

Maybe the Q event is having a global effect not bound by the 4 hour timer.... maybe his event simply just halves all foundry by 50% irregardless if you used him or not....

I have seen worse bugs caused by cryptic/PWE whoever is responsible for programming code.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I tried again this morning with multiple characters.

One alt (that has not used Q in 2 days) had normal loot.

Another alt (that has used Q the night before) got 50% loot. The Q bonus icon was not active however it seems like the effect was still on. It might be that the effect lasts 4h of gameplay - I thought it was 4h real-time as the icon disappeared.

I am still unsure about what's happening.

I will try again later today and tomorrow.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    On my characters that did get the boost from Q they are getting half of normal even after the 4 hours Q's bonus lasts. On my characters that did not get it they recieve the same amount of drops from foundry farm missions as they always have. Averaged 750k each on 4 of my 7 characters the other day too, sadly the other 3 were victims of Q and abiout 400k.

So whatever it is, it is related to Q.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Played my foundry mission again today got 407 K EC.... still way low....

I did however use Q last night when I was playing STFs....

I won't use Q today so I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
  • Options
    zenthranezenthrane Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok here is the issue my Fleet and I figured it out

if you took the Q bonus played for awhile then logged the bonus appears to be gone when you log back in after the 4 hours. But the bonus is still running permanently with no icon.

you can test this by looking at the lore missions they should award a little over 900 xp and expertise but you will notice you are getting 1800 roughly for each.

now the fix is very not fun for people with little play time you have to retake the Q buff and stay logged in for the entire 4 hours doing what ever you wish. when the timer has run with you logged in the entire time you can go back to the lore guy and your xp will have returned to 900 and then you can run a foundry and your loot rewards will be back to normal.

Cheers hope this helps people with this bug
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for confirming what I previously posted (probably you explained it better).

That should definitely be the explanation as we both observed the same results.

Bottom line, play for 4 hours after getting the Q bonus and then its effect should disappear.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yup, confirmed that it is Q... didn't use him yesterday and my foundry mission is back up to expected EC earnings. I apologize to PWE for any insinuation that they intentionally nerfed foundry (where from me or another forum user).

This simply is a code gone wild :P Silly Q is still effing with us.
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Post before you kind of explains it. And not just you in particular. They keep adding more ways to make it so you have to grind more to earn what you get.

And it is here opion to buy EC with real money? since i dont know it is posible to sell keys for dilitiom which is buable for real money.
    If they introduce exchange for booth en and dill trades...that will be different.
    And if they nerf ec income....well in efect it means you have to grind linger to buy these keys.