Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #12

Comments

• Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    One can only hope the "Inventory Full" bug is fixed soon, so some of us can test the rep....
    I have already tested the rep, infact I'm tier 5.

Defiance is very useful.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm uncertain about this sponsorship system.
    Granted for players with multiple toons, it will be of benefit, but I'm concerned about the catch.

As I understand it, you need one character to get to T5 rep to sponsor the others.
    Which means you have to do that first so that the others may gain the full benefit of Reputation Sponsorship, increasing the time the alts work on Repping.

For me though, it's meaningless, because I only have 3 characters and they'll all be working at Reputation at the same pace, so therefore, they'll all reach T5 at the same time, making sponsorship irrevelant as there will be other characters left to sponsor! :confused:

And I was hoping the sponsorship would apply to all Reputation systems, not just this one.
    You don't need to trial it on just one system to know you have a winner here.
    Voth Ground suits = Ben 10 XLR8. :P

Actually, I was thinking it reminded me of Turian Armor ;) :P

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :/ gonna hold my breath here but from what I have read, this isn't the direction I expected. I have no beef with the Rep system we have now. The only thing I don't like it the amount of marks you can get. It's easy toget 100+ Borg marks in one stf. Yet the Max rom or tholian mark pack I've gotten is 35.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can see your point if you are a player who only plays a few characters than I could agree with you but for someone more heavily invested there just isn't enough time to do everything that needs to be done and get reputations done on every character.

If you have a bunch of characters who are close to each other in reputation, I can see that sponsorship would be problematic. If you have one character who's hit T5, and most of the other characters are starting T4 or lower, it still looks to me like sponsorship would be a big win. It'll take time away from your levelling characters, but the cut in time required for levelling should be a lot more.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    And I was hoping the sponsorship would apply to all Reputation systems, not just this one.

It does. You will have access to Sponsorship procedures for Task Force Omega, Romulan Republic and Nukara Strike Force.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So I saw the blog the other day talking about even another rep system being added. From what's stated in the blog other than the shared rep(kudos on this one) items powers ect are similar in nature to previous systems. I did not notice any mention of maps/missions designed around the increasing power bloat. So my question is why bother? does it make an ESTF go .05% faster now? /shrugs afraid I'm missing the point.

So far I've seen nothing that says oh yea I gotta come back and try that.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    :/ gonna hold my breath here but from what I have read, this isn't the direction I expected. I have no beef with the Rep system we have now. The only thing I don't like it the amount of marks you can get. It's easy toget 100+ Borg marks in one stf. Yet the Max rom or tholian mark pack I've gotten is 35.

You can get 60 Rom marks from the Tau dewa sector patrol, and 400 from raising an Epohh (requires multiple days per Epohh, though.)

Dunno about any Nakura missions that award a lot of marks.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    swamarian wrote: »
    If you have a bunch of characters who are close to each other in reputation, I can see that sponsorship would be problematic. If you have one character who's hit T5, and most of the other characters are starting T4 or lower, it still looks to me like sponsorship would be a big win. It'll take time away from your levelling characters, but the cut in time required for levelling should be a lot more.

Yeah I took a huge amount of alts near/or at T4 for alts before I got to the point where I had enough of that grind.

I wouldn't say make it where its insant Tier 5 but there has to be a point to where if you are just wanting the passives and have done but so much there should be a point where you are not in the position of turning down future characters due to the rep system the way it is and the way its going.

Edit: But pretty much Cryptic is misleading about this being less of a grind. A correct statement would be more of a grind to get it done sooner.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm looking forward to reading the sufficiently illustrated in-game information surrounding how to sponsor alts. Some people don't even know about the shared bank!

Otherwise, I'm eager to see (and try out) Gorngonzolla's revitalized reputation system. :)
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »

Nukara, do Crystaline event, 80 during bonus marks hour, and 60 during regular.

Romulan, Mine Trap (up to 100), daily Tau Dewa (60), or epohh tagging.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That is how I am looking at it... Instead of 2 months what it sounds like is that every single character who is not tier 5 you will be doing 2 or more times the grind just to get a bonus which is not what we asked for at all its just more of a grind than less of a grind.

Edit: So basically what this boils down to is about 4x more grind just to get each character done with 1 rep 1 month sooner.

Seriously it is 100 marks per character, with even more ways to get marks than the previous rep systems.

I can't believe people are complaining about this. I can't judge what the Dyson Sphere mark acquisition time will take, but if it is anything like the current rep (which actually it sounds even easier to acquire Dyson marks), 100 marks is an hour or two of time to acquire.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I could understand your point but then do 20+ characters and your view point would drastically change :)

I'd be even more thankful for the easy way to speed up rep.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rep Sponsorship....that's a great idea! Looking forward to it, as well as all the new content in season 8! Now...if only I had a playable Suliban Captain, for the Romulan Republic, to enjoy it with...(wink).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I'm uncertain about this sponsorship system.
    Granted for players with multiple toons, it will be of benefit, but I'm concerned about the catch.

As I understand it, you need one character to get to T5 rep to sponsor the others.
    Which means you have to do that first so that the others may gain the full benefit of Reputation Sponsorship, increasing the time the alts work on Repping.

That isn't a catch. That is a gameplay style choice you are making.

Not everyone levels all their characters at the same pace. I would place a bet that most level 1 character primarily first.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski shares details about the upcoming, new and improved Dyson Joint Command Reputation in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

On the consoles, I'm curious what this means:
    Half bonus from normal tactical consoleconsole
    Half bonus from normal engineering console
    Half bonus from normal science console
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm looking forward to trying the new system out. I stopped doing the Nukara one due to it was a large EC pit, where Romulas kinda made up for the EC spent. And it offered no story or additional stuff like the Romulas. For the "Weekend Warrior" like myself the new system looks promising. As it should ease the "grind" for me. Under the old system it took me a while to get it completed.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nukara, do Crystaline event, 80 during bonus marks hour, and 60 during regular.

Romulan, Mine Trap (up to 100), daily Tau Dewa (60), or epohh tagging.

Last I checked Crystaline only gave gear/dil, Sept for when the brought the event Rep back. Thank you for this info.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have already tested the rep, infact I'm tier 5.

Defiance is very useful.

Not defiance, just time issues. I have a life outside this game that takes up the majority of time, and unlike yourself, I have very little to spend on gaming.

What with all the bugs keeping me from the queued events and battlezone, I have not even got to tier one. Once they fix the bug I am on about, then maybe I can make some head way.

Good for you anyways.

Edit: looks like they just fixed it, so yay...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so does this mean us silvers will have an account bank slot open for transferring this token???
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I cant believe some players are still complaining.
    Cryptic has given us everything we wanted.
    We have way to be weekend players, the new rep systems for easier advancement on other characters.
    I mean what do you want, one click and unlock everything.
    I want to be better than the other guy who logs in every 5-6 days. I deserve to be better.
    It is not grinding, we have new content to play, new enemy, new maps and as we play those content and enjoy it
    we will be rewarded with new equipment. Very simple.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    grtiggy wrote: »
    so does this mean us silvers will have an account bank slot open for transferring this token???

lol, no. You're gonna have to fork out 1000 Zen to unlock Account Bank.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited October 2013
    It does. You will have access to Sponsorship procedures for Task Force Omega, Romulan Republic and Nukara Strike Force.

Is the token cross faction? Can one of my Fed toons - which it is much easier to get to level 5 due to amount of people in the Q's - sponsor a KDF toon??
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski shares details about the upcoming, new and improved Dyson Joint Command Reputation in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
    *thumbs up*

Reputation system changes are welcomed. :)
    Voth Cybernetic Implants

These implants are obtained by completing elite queued events and completing the Ground Battle Zone. A handful of these implants are required for all space and ground equipment projects. These also have a very small chance to be awarded from Dyson Equipment Requisition boxes.
    Will these drop similar to the Borg implants?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Seriously it is 100 marks per character, with even more ways to get marks than the previous rep systems.

I can't believe people are complaining about this. I can't judge what the Dyson Sphere mark acquisition time will take, but if it is anything like the current rep (which actually it sounds even easier to acquire Dyson marks), 100 marks is an hour or two of time to acquire.

Well the Dyson one with the testing I've done on it I like the way it works. Basically the way it works its not so much of a grind with the territory control maps. You can basically keep getting rep xp through out a day on a character.

Now the other thing is what I have a gripe with. Just to be clear though I am pretty sure that the way of the sponsorship would far benefit you than it would myself. Being that I've had a lot more time in building my abundance of characters as well as a lot of them that are alts are at a halfway or exceeded the halfway point. That being said the way the sponsorship works is you are acquiring daily 100 marks on a T5 rep character then transferring those marks through the token to another character. Which then you are having to then grind another batch of marks to get the alt character per say its projects rolling on the timer. So when weighing in the time spent vs result it is not productive and on top of that they are advertising this as less of a grind when it is clearly more of a grind.

So in all the way the 150 point dyson ones work I give a thumbs up and the token TRIBBLE a billion thumbs down.
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the token cross faction? Can one of my Fed toons - which it is much easier to get to level 5 due to amount of people in the Q's - sponsor a KDF toon??

I am pretty sure that you can mail it to yourself. :rolleyes:
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    That being said the way the sponsorship works is you are acquiring daily 100 marks on a T5 rep character then transferring those marks through the token to another character.

I don't think that's how it works. Once the character gets a token, they get a T1 project to do. Once that's done, the reputation that character gets for projects of that type are doubled. So, if you're just doing the 2k rep projects, then going from T4 to T5 would take 20 days (40,000 reputation). After doing the token project, the projects that gave out 2000 reputation will now give out 4000, cutting the time to go to T5 in half, to 10 days.

I don't think that marks are transferred.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    swamarian wrote: »
    I don't think that's how it works. Once the character gets a token, they get a T1 project to do. Once that's done, the reputation that character gets for projects of that type are doubled. So, if you're just doing the 2k rep projects, then going from T4 to T5 would take 20 days (40,000 reputation). After doing the token project, the projects that gave out 2000 reputation will now give out 4000, cutting the time to go to T5 in half, to 10 days.

I don't think that marks are transferred.

Would be great if it worked like that and yea I know its not a mark transference.

If they would allow us to see how it actually works on tribble I'd have a bit more faith than just taking their word on it. Just appears right now that there is a catch on how it will work when it hits holodeck.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Damn, still stuck with the Mk12-only concept huh? Drat. Are the tokens still limited to one per 20 hours, to make them unfarmable (despite the 20 cook time of the project)?

There is (or is going to be) a project that will allow you to farm tokens albiet indirectly. The project will cost a boatload of Marks and will yield 5 token. You can play like mad on the weekend. Get your weeks worth of Tokens and then log in every day for a couple of minutes to collect rewards and fire off the next 20 hr project.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    huskerklg wrote: »
    On the consoles, I'm curious what this means:
    Half bonus from normal tactical consoleconsole
    Half bonus from normal engineering console
    Half bonus from normal science console

The consoles have procs for the other 1/2. For example the the shield refreq consoles have a 10% chance for a shield HoT when you use a shield healing ability. And has a 10% chance for a proc that does direct proton damage (double vs Voth) when using almost any ability which does exotic particle damage. And the procs stack. 4 consoles == 4x 10% chance of a shield HoT.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The ground armor reminds me of the Collectors from Mass Effect 2. >_>