test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

S L O W Patch

Comments

• destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shiga wrote: »
    I am sitting at a 10gb download with going at about 20kb/s. Just patched five other games at 5mb/sec... Yeah...

I've been patching since 11 am my time. It is now 5:35 pm.

3 times the patcher has crashed. I would be lucky if I was getting 10kb/sec download speeds.

This is just TRIBBLE...
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been patching for 1 hour 34 min and am only at 3%.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear that cryptic is sending me the patch by smoke signals.
  • destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dessniper wrote: »
    I have been patching for 1 hour 34 min and am only at 3%.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear that cryptic is sending me the patch by smoke signals.

You got a ways to go before you reach the point I'm at. Try 6.5 hours with 3 patcher reboots.
  • exonin10647exonin10647 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The download in general has been slow.

Currently on intro_klg.bik which is excruciatingly slow.
  • krieshakriesha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching like its 1999...

On a sidenote, forums and gateway are also extremely slow.
  • kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching since close to 2 hours and done only 9.4% (of 203MB)

cryptic you become more and more incompetent, that the worse launch i never see and i was here at the realese of Age of conan and Tabula Rasa.

You can be happy to be the only one with a star trek game, because if it wasn't star trek you will be abandoned by everyone
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same story every time...

the worst part is that i was at 94.5 when the server patch went funny and then... it closed himself and when i launched again i was at 4% of 510 MB with 2500KB...
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had patching get to 30% out of 10GB earlier before LOR went live, the moment it did patching died. Now after restarting I have 6.8GB to do and its averaging about 1% per hour which is quite frankly very poor.

Can I just ask are Cryptic using ex Soviet servers or some other form of Dark Age technology? Can we at least ask that Cryptic get with the program and start uploading updates as torrents and say goodbye to all these launcher/patching issues a lot of people are currently experiencing, or is that just too much like common sense?

Hey Cryptic not all your players have unlimited bandwidth and its unfair to waste peoples money with non-completing patches, or even prepatches that don't even work. The game may be FTP but like others I've bought my fair share of stuff from the C-Store the very least we can expect from you is a better quality of service

Seriously unimpressed. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a total joke, dial up speed downloads and crashed 4 times
  • requiemfangrequiemfang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worst patching ever... I feel like I'm using dial-up to patch the client and I'm on a cable internet connection!!!
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently at 23.6% of 163MB and getting the terrible feeling that I'm not going to get to play tonight. And it's only 9:45pm here in Ireland. Usually a patch of this size would take a matter of seconds at my net speed. :(
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so its safe to say that the shader, the intro's will be the longest to do and then AFTER you get in game you have to do MORE prepatching. Well good thing I got work tommorow and I can deal with this on a day off or wait til the weekend.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started to patch almost 2 hours ago, its 47.9% by now. Helll.... i'll miss my dilithium mining :mad:
    Xsara
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind the terrible speeds if, you know, it actually worked when I got it. I could handle a crawl to 100% if it would then actually patch the game, instead of sliding off at the slightest error only to require me to do it all over again. I've already downloaded this patch! Why can't I just try to patch again with what I've downloaded while I troubleshoot the error, instead of having to go through your overloaded servers on every attempt?
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i read we should be seeing faster patches now... -.- nope.... i started b4 the fix was in i'm guessing, my questions is, should i cancel the patch and restart or do i just wait out this seemingly endless patch? i have pre-patched, fast internet and processing speeds, this should not be a problem as u say it's been fixed. thank you in advance :)

post script, the 6 gig patched quickly, it's this second part of 224 meg that's taking forever.
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
    edited May 2013
    13.5 percent on shader ALONE and been at it for the last 10 minutes.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mladjai wrote: »
    Started to patch almost 2 hours ago, its 47.9% by now. Helll.... i'll miss my dilithium mining :mad:

You're doing pretty good. I've been patching for 7 hours now.

I'm at 24%.

On a 100mbit FIOS connection.

Yay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am Stalled at 12.3mb/224mb 5% for a hour now what is going on?
  • vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chris919uk wrote: »
    I had patching get to 30% out of 10GB earlier before LOR went live, the moment it did patching died. Now after restarting I have 6.8GB to do and its averaging about 1% per hour which is quite frankly very poor.

Can I just ask are Cryptic using ex Soviet servers or some other form of Dark Age technology? Can we at least ask that Cryptic get with the program and start uploading updates as torrents and say goodbye to all these launcher/patching issues a lot of people are currently experiencing, or is that just too much like common sense?

Hey Cryptic not all your players have unlimited bandwidth and its unfair to waste peoples money with non-completing patches, or even prepatches that don't even work. The game may be FTP but like others I've bought my fair share of stuff from the C-Store the very least we can expect from you is a better quality of service

Seriously unimpressed. :(
    With all the network problems, server crashes and the launcher reloading the last patch every time it's opened. You'd think the network stuff would be the number one priority in the last week, enough to maybe push LoR back a bit until it's fixed, or perhaps think about a P2P option.

Guess not, though.

As I re-download the same file over and over, they want me to buy a lifetime sub? That's cojones, right there.
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching 2.5Gb and it is at 165 mb after 2 hours.
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    instead of a 6 gb patch , how about a new instaler ? something thats allready patched , just to install ....
  • aleister76aleister76 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm happy I gave up on this game 6 months after it was released. Thought I'd give it a go and see how LoR looked...can't even patch at a decent speed. Good job.
  • spook74spook74 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over 6 hours patching, still have over a gig to go and over the last hour have patched 1% and not even on any of the problem files that have been mentioned in this thread. I have not seen a triple A title ever patch so slowly. Whatever you are doing here with your servers Cryptic it's not working. I don't think I have ever felt the need to post here before but just wanted you to know that here is one customer who is not impressed with you at all today.
    edited May 2013
    With all the network problems, server crashes and the launcher reloading the last patch every time it's opened. You'd think the network stuff would be the number one priority in the last week, enough to maybe push LoR back a bit until it's fixed, or perhaps think about a P2P option.

Guess not, though.

As I re-download the same file over and over, they want me to buy a lifetime sub? That's cojones, right there.

good thing i bought the lifetime sub BEFORE the game came out the 3 years ago.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
  • tenniskaloptenniskalop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching for 4 hours now...up to 8% after two launcher crashes. Should have everything updated sometime next week at this route
  • jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Intro_rom.bik

30-60mins just for it. Everything else took less then an hour total together. It's that one exclusive file.
  • aleister76aleister76 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackokason wrote: »
    good thing i bought the lifetime sub BEFORE the game came out the 3 years ago.
    This. :mad:
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Guess not, though.

Not to mention all the rubber banding in PVE and other random issues, I feel your pain. TBO I've only been playing this game for 3 weeks and its my first MMO. Given all the maintenance and server downtime lately, 3 or was it 4 times in one week? It hasn't exactly created the best of impressions. However I do like the game itself but seriously I don't care about Romulans at all I just want to play my Fed character because its still new to me. If only LoR had been optional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"