test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

S L O W Patch

arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
What's with the slow patch today why is it taking so long to get patched in? I been patching for over 45 minutes now & it NEVER takes more than 5 minutes...so what gives?:confused:
[img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Got my patch up to 83% and it froze. So after 30 minutes of it not moving at all at 83% I stopped and restated it. Cut the patch in half, but now it's stuck at 66% and crawling forward.

I seriously hope this isn't the way patching is going to be when LoR goes live. Even with pre-patched, if the patching is this slow, it'll be all day before anyone can get into LoR.
  • Options
    inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep,got stuck @ 88% percent,then 65% as well,tried patching via proxy,didnt work....something is borked :confused:
  • Options
    iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well its all these downloads when people log in, and after there done playing they exit, and then it downloads again, so my guess is that all this constant downloading is slowing down everyone. Until the 21st this will keep happening until they either fix it or wait until the 21st when LOR activates.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol....

i had the EXACT same thing.

I thought i had clicked something when it was at 80 something. yeah and now its slowly downloading at stuck at 64%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is NOT stuck. you are currently downloading "shadercache.hogg" which is a VERY large file. leave it be, go watch TV or read a book.
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to download the patch for a little over an hour now. It froze on me twice at 66%. Now it's sitting at 90% patched "84.8/93 Received 13.1MB" One of us is bad at math.
    Either way it seems to be creaping along at ~.1MB a second.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to confirm wether or not your patch has frozen:

While the Launcher is displayed Press CONTROL and X at the same time. This will bring up a window called "Transfers". check to see if the files here are loading by looking at the column labeled as "Blocks".
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is NOT stuck. you are currently downloading "shadercache.hogg" which is a VERY large file. leave it be, go watch TV or read a book.

It might be large, but when people are getting speeds of <1mbps, there's still a problem. The current rate of download makes dialup look fast. :rolleyes:

My current download speed is about 0.1 MBps, if that gives you an idea.

• Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got the same problem, oh well, time to set it and forget it...hopefully it doesn't lock up.
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arkyboy wrote: »
    What's with the slow patch today why is it taking so long to get patched in? I been patching for over 45 minutes now & it NEVER takes more than 5 minutes...so what gives?:confused:

:eek: Holy TRIBBLE I just now got patched! :eek:
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saying this very light heartedly...

SHUT UP and quit your whining...go take a nap. lol

With all the pre-patching and build patching expect the patch server to be going slower than two snails fraking.

Just keep in mind the more you patch now even though extremely slow means the less you'll have to patch on Tuesday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stonermkiistonermkii Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh thank god, thought it was just me. Never have i had a patch take this long. Didnt take this long when i patched the game up today on my old lappy.
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me shadercache finished in 10 seconds or less but I am going at about 50 kilobytes per second atm on the romulan intro video.

Incidently for anyone curious about how to find what file its downloading you can press crtl + x while your patching, a window will pop up (you have to hold crtl + x down until you can click on it). There is also a crtl + c command prompt window that shows output for some events (such as limitly checking integrity of game files etc), how ever once you open the command prompt window you can not close it else the launcher will quit.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    gurriknakgurriknak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, crawling through "intro_rom.bik" as well.

And why is it everytime I exit game, the pre-patch keeps re-patching the full 5 gigs?
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wonder if they intended on us taking a nap during this patch :P
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone getting this? Its slowed down to a crawl.
  • Options
    movodormovodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto. In regards to the launcher, I mean.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup.. here, too.. luckily "just" 24MB more to go..
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here , been sitting at 88% for quite a while. Quite a few people pre-patching I'd guess :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's still snail tempo after you hit 82%
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the report, captains! We've been investigating this.

When you get to this part of the patch, if you press control+x, is it slowing down on a particular file? If so, which one is it? Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

When you get to this part of the patch, if you press control+x, is it slowing down on a particular file? If so, which one is it? Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I had the problem with the Romulan intro, took a good hour to do it, maybe more :/
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is having this issue, I wonder though if it is the on demand patcher. It took forever to download the Coliseum Mission.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    movodormovodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    intro_rom.bik.

So it's clearly the intro, Bran.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I currently have objlib.bin having each of its packets hand delivered by snails!

edit and after it finally finished the speed shot up :)

shaderCache.Hogg << Average download speed approx 16-22KB when it actually is downloading. Seems to be having difficulty in finding its blocks to download next.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Intro Rom-bix apparently (65.3% and stuck)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    hdspringerhdspringer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the middle of a mission an it just stoped an still patching this is not good
  • Options
    lolsuphelmqrikerlolsuphelmqriker Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who knew one little intro could take so long to download..?
    Gorn Hegemony Best Faction MW 2410
    playable balaur when?