test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

S L O W Patch

Comments

• kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not a % of all the game files, it is % of the remaining files to be downloaded. The total data download required will reduce as you finish each portion of the download.

Humm i was at 15MB on 203MB that toke 2 and half hours for that, I follow that TRIBBLE advise and now I'm at 2345KB of 203MB and it still so $@%* slow !!
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The restart of the launcher worked for me! I'm all patched and ready to roll... See y'all ingame! :)
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so at my dining facility and now its going faster than usual.

that was BEFORE error code 14 crept in. Now its the klingon intro that is having a spaz attack
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I followed people's advice here and restarted the launcher, now it crashes....
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh freaking awesome - now the download has completely stopped.

Oh well, not like I can play any of the new stuff anyway since apparently I got screwed out of my new character slot...

Coming up on 3 hours past launch, still can't get freaking patched...
  • costahdcostahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a better patch experience, please restart your launcher. It will pick up where it left off and should be faster to complete.

so funny :)

rephrased: cryptic launched a new mini-game: Star Trek Online Launcher !!

Are you bored with this patching for hours ? Then try the mini game

Watch the patching progress every 5 minutes and if it's stop then restart the launcher. You can win ~1 MB surely in 10 minutes, 2 up to 3 MB as rare progress situations or even 100 MB/10 minutes on very very rare occasions.

Attention ! These random opportunities will appear only during this month or next one until all STO players will update their game and only when you trying to play STO
    : ) )

The only man who work on the developer side at this hour promise to come with new mini games soon ... or maybe not :D
  • destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patcher just DIED, literally.

It's showing page cannot be displayed AND trying to open an Internet Explorer window.

EDIT: When it does load, and I try to enter my password, it automatically crashes.
  • liiddzzliiddzz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't even connect to the patch server now, TRIBBLE.
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine seems to be working again now. 4% in less than 3 minutes. Hope it lasts. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just don't understand this.

The launcher is saying loading... loading but doing nothing. Yet my network shows data is being downloaded, but where is it going, what it is it doing? This launcher is useless, what are these developers doing?!
    edited May 2013
    2 words come to mind:

Epic
    Fail
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to launch the game after it finally patched... Then it died when "Retrieving list of characters" and then said "Login failed for Unknown Reason"... Now I can't even load the launcher! When I try to load the launcher it launches Internet Explorer (which I don't use, I use Firefox) and the launcher window gives more error messages! What's wrong now like?
    edited May 2013
    I just don't understand this.

The launcher is saying loading... loading but doing nothing. Yet my network shows data is being downloaded, but where is it going, what it is it doing? This launcher is useless, what are these developers doing?!

someone forgot to feed the gerbel running the machine. That or he's on a TRIBBLE break.

In real talk I just got that too after updating the launcher. Gonna give it another 10 then head back to the libarary to read.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
  • pugcondonpugcondon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did get into the game for a while then tried to change characters/create a new reman when it all went "insert profanity here"
    Now getting the launcher with a loading please wait. message followed by a script error
    line 56,
    char 1,
    error jQuery is undefined, code 0,
    URL http://launcher.startrekonline.com/js/jquery.cookie.js

for those nice devs who are going to fix it! plz
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They r just cut off launcher while middle of patching is not load now.Says star trek online web site is down.W.T.F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wavefunctionpwavefunctionp Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It loads after a bit after starting the launcher. Log in and it should work.

It still stalls for a moment on new files though.
  • spook74spook74 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just kicked off and then when I was trying to restart it wouldn't recognise my password, after trying a few more times it wouldn't connect at all. Just downloaded the current launcher and replaced the existing one in my Steam directory and it still wouldn't load and kept trying to open an internet explorer page (People still use that?) Have tried again and now it's updated and the patch is coming down like s$%t off a shovel.
    edited May 2013
    aye it seems to eb working properly now :rolleyes:
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I followed people's advice here and restarted the launcher, now it crashes....

sorry but just restarting isn't the key, you must stop the launcher then download current launcher here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501 then restart, i am in game after doing this... good luck all :)
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
    edited May 2013
    and to top it off once you have run the launcher gauntlet, there is a queue 178 of 836 and thats with lifetime sub, i pity those who are just f2p
  • spydadaemonicspydadaemonic Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well ... 4 hours later, patch finally finished so i get to log in ... loading character selection ... OOO .. Login failed for an unknown reason ... Someone remind me why i pay for this please, cause at the moment, I cant see no benefits
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pugcondon wrote: »
    and to top it off once you have run the launcher gauntlet, there is a queue 178 of 836 and thats with lifetime sub, i pity those who are just f2p

Lifetime and gold in that case since I am gold and its downloading for me.
    edited May 2013
    pugcondon wrote: »

you pitty the fool eh? Well at least you in the game.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
  • spydadaemonicspydadaemonic Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well ... 4 hours later, patch finally finished so i get to log in ... loading character selection ... OOO .. Login failed for an unknown reason ... Someone remind me why i pay for this please, cause at the moment, I cant see no benefits

I withdraw my statement, Its working now .. Catch you all in there!
    edited May 2013
    spoke too soon, server not responding :) is it sad that i am writing this with a smile on my face
  • spook74spook74 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same thing here.
  • happystanhappystan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am getting the "Can't connect for unknown reason" TRIBBLE.
    edited May 2013

Yup....same here...what next Cryptic - something in the patch gonna make my computer catch on fire?
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took me less than an hour to get the 6 and a bit gig patch, then another 2 and a bit to get the last 'small' bits of the patch.
    The first bit I was quite happy with approx 50 minutes.

Doesnt matter anyway cos I cant get on due to the failed login for an unknown reason issue. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    connection to the account server timed out...... fdfsdfwefiefnsfbsdfbsdfkjdsbfjsdbf.