test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

S L O W Patch

Comments

• redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought that the fact I pre-patched from Tribble was going to save me from this... :(
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the report, captains! We've been investigating this.

When you get to this part of the patch, if you press control+x, is it slowing down on a particular file? If so, which one is it? Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

intro_rom.bik

ktnxby
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    We believe this may be resolved (in terms of speed). Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • wavekwavek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a bit faster than before for me but still considerably slower than usual. I'm downloading in the 200kbps range where I usually get 2.2mbps or higher. It also periodically just freezes and doesn't patch or download anything for a while.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How big is prepatch? 7.58 GB?
  • cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No not any better at least for me...still painfully slow.

Showing 35MB to download and has been at it for over an hour now. Lets put it this way my old dial up 56K modem moved faster than this download is.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be quicker at figuring out which blocks to gather now. speed is still showing at approx 14KB download speed though for individual blocks.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still painfully slow for me as well. Been at 30% for almost 20 minutes.
  • smtjtsmtjt Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the report, captains! We've been investigating this.

When you get to this part of the patch, if you press control+x, is it slowing down on a particular file? If so, which one is it? Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    im stuck on "intro_rom.bik"
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi

Did the Fed Vega Colony tutorial and the in game patching of the Vega Colony took abnormally long. (not sure which part)
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now it won't even patch, Live will load just fine though.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    edited May 2013
    smtjt wrote: »
    im stuck on "intro_rom.bik"

This is a big file, so it will still take time to download, but speeds should be quicker.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • star23456star23456 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its still slow for me ive been loading crateris for 5 minutes now :(:mad:
    giphy.gif

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    shadderCache.hogg is still as slow to DL than before, maybe even worse.
    In every patch since some months, this is the longest file to dl, it take usually more time for this specific file than for the rest of the patch.

Without this file I can dl the patch in a matter of seconds, with it, it may take 1hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Actually Brandon... The thing that was SLOOOOOOWING down my Launcher/patcher was an option that was recently not 'ON' this was the 'Force Verify' under the Options section of the Launcher.. I'd never had problems before under patching as it always took 5-10 mins to patch big files, and that option was not 'On' so I decided to uncheck it and Turn it off...

which made my patcher go MUCH MUCH faster......

when I started typing this Reply I started patching the Tribble and Holodeck... Servers...

Holo is already done and Tribble is at 96.7% and still going

THO the Rom_Intro File is a bit large and taking time to patch but the 'Force Verify' option begin off did help alot... :D

but yet again this is on my end.... Dont know about other peeps... :cool:
    6tviTDx.png

• liam1requiemliam1requiem Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadderCache.hogg

appropriate name there.

off to see a certain movie and hope patch is done when I get back!
  • revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GameClient.exe is where its slowed down for me.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently sitting at 62.1% on the launcher, the only option checked is show tray icon, the file it's downloading is intro_rom.bik and its slowly climbing a few blocks at a time.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

what's the resolve Bran? the Intro_Rom.bik.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting flashbacks of my 14.4k faxmodem days. intro_rom.bik is downloading vewy vewy slowly.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching on Holodeck and Tribble are horrible. Patching between sectors/missions takes all from two to five minutes to complete a few files.

Half the time there are no connection and some times it pops up to about 35 KB for a second or two and then dies out for a minute. It's ridicules and no. My connection are fine. Everything else runs decent and stable, but only connection when patching are really really bad.
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why did you muck with it guys, IT SODDING WORKED FOR PETES SAKE.

Anyways even with proxy it is painfully slow, really guys all the bugs and problems in STO and you muck with the patching.

Sigh.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
    edited May 2013
    Really Craptic, stop flaming "fixing" things which work.

:mad:
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is likely they are experimenting with ways to distribute patches without killing the servers come the launch of LoR. It is annoying but if it keeps the servers up we should be thankful of sorts.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited May 2013
    Why they cannot just leave alone, instead of experimenting with a new system literally days before a major release.

:rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    Uhm. Just makes it unplayable on tribble since I haven't been around much with the new patches. So hurrraaaayyy. Servers not completely dead. Just in a state of coma.

25 Files - 680 seconds and still going for the last 7 files.
    edited May 2013
    dllmmo wrote: »
    Uhm. Just makes it unplayable on tribble since I haven't been around much with the new patches. So hurrraaaayyy. Servers not completely dead. Just in a state of coma.

True, however if they implement this system onto holodeck on Tuesday and it has issues, it will be a non hilarious diaster, really such a system wants months of testing in closed stress enviroments before a public release, especially when with just Tribble traffic it's close to collapsing.
    edited May 2013
    My advice would be that they stop all, so called, ''server improvements''. Seems that every time they touch something they just make it worse than it already was.

Again. The servers apparently do have issues since it have taken me 20 minutes to download what would normally take me around 20 seconds. So if that isn't a problem that should be taken care of, I don't know what would be classified as an issue.

Edit: OMG. The pain just continues. Still patching.
    Edit: Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Closing Tribble down. Finished testing anything more on that server. Half an hour and not done. At least nothing is going to be patched on Holodeck since I've been everywhere.
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    finally got the patch, last 18% took over an hour, but there is another thing, whenever there are some files to download during loading screens it still takes them "ages" to patch, I wait 3-10 minutes on loading screens