Comments

• Options
    tokisvarxtokisvarx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup im getting failed log in at retrieving chacters also :mad:
  • Options
    recwolrecwol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah i am getting login failed for unknown reason. Criptic will obv be aware are trying to fix it but, should i wait a while or keep trying to log in? I know it said the same for 1 guy and he got in, but should i keep spamming the login function?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes! keep spamming! (or is that the whiskey talking):D
  • Options
    vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally finish the patch, ran the game, got the 'login failed for unknown reasons', closed out and opened the launcher again AND IT"S PATCHING 11 GIGS AGAIN.

Seriously, Cryptic. It's been a week with this re-downloading the patches TRIBBLE, which was fine when it was just a few files, but this is 11 Gigs.

LoR should've been pushed back until you resolved this pretty important issue. Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth.

Brandon, care to get in touch with the engineers and find out if they have an ETA, what the problem might be? An update, please.
  • Options
    jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What?!? You guys are DONE Patching?!? You are SooOoOoo Lucky!

Started at 3:00, now 6:30 (3.5 HOURS LATER), I still have 1700 MBs still to Patch, let alone attempt to login. And yes, that's after restarting a Few times. Wow, almost feels like my char is being flagged and singled out. :(
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its the same on avery mmo ive ever played expansion day=patching and login problems
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally updated the launcher and patch complete.

Now it's time for the next issue!! Login failed for an unknown reason!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Vaudeville if its re patching up to 11 gig, something has gone wrong. An i dont think its their side, as in your files must have gotten corrupt
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah its not a localized issue, they will have their techies workin on it. I just feel sorry for those who have the problem and havnt seen the forum, people might think it *is* a local problem :(
  • Options
    spook74spook74 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jameskirke wrote: »
    What?!? You guys are DONE Patching?!? You are SooOoOoo Lucky!

Started at 3:00, now 6:30 (3.5 HOURS LATER), I still have 1700 MBs still to Patch, let alone attempt to login. And yes, that's after restarting a Few times. Wow, almost feels like my char is being flagged and singled out. :(

I was patching for 6 hours so I feel your pain, try getting the updated launcher exe, after a few login attempts the last gig came down in 10 mins for me after all that.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, I just wanted to say good job on the launch!

First off, I was really worried that despite having downloaded almost 100gb over the past week for this 12gb expansion, that there would still be another big download required that would just kill my bandwidth. But you guys think of everything, and spread that last download out over 3.5 hours so the rest of my network barely even noticed it!

I also want to say that the new Ui on the logon screen is awesome! I thought it was so great that I had to try logging on like 10 times just to appreciate the full glory of it!

Another worry that I had was that the new character slot you were giving me would kind of clutter things up - but you did a fantastic job of handling that by simply not giving me one - yet another unfounded worry on my part!

Also, one last thing of note - the new "server not responding" screen looks so much better than the old one. After taking a while to enjoy that, I just had to go back to the logon screen and enjoy that some more.

Man, if the rest of this expansion is that awesome, I don't know how I will be able to handle it!!
  • Options
    bloodfrontbloodfront Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

First off, I was really worried that despite having downloaded almost 100gb over the past week for this 12gb expansion, that there would still be another big download required that would just kill my bandwidth. But you guys think of everything, and spread that last download out over 3.5 hours so the rest of my network barely even noticed it!

I also want to say that the new Ui on the logon screen is awesome! I thought it was so great that I had to try logging on like 10 times just to appreciate the full glory of it!

Another worry that I had was that the new character slot you were giving me would kind of clutter things up - but you did a fantastic job of handling that by simply not giving me one - yet another unfounded worry on my part!

Also, one last thing of note - the new "server not responding" screen looks so much better than the old one. After taking a while to enjoy that, I just had to go back to the logon screen and enjoy that some more.

Man, if the rest of this expansion is that awesome, I don't know how I will be able to handle it!!

BEST use of sarcasm, ever!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i also enjoyed that :P a non angry quite entertaining rant :D

"the new "server not responding" screen looks so much better than the old one." -was my best bit xD
  • Options
    epsilons232epsilons232 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same here. I started playing this game 2 weeks ago and I'm not impressed with the stability and quality of the game. Most players have a loyalty to Star Trek, which is not the same as Cryptic. They better shape up or suffer major loss of players!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Epic, just epic sarcasm dude. :D

yet....... force verified and still cant get in.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I started playing this game 2 weeks ago and I'm not impressed with the stability and quality of the game. Most players have a loyalty to Star Trek, which is not the same as Cryptic. They better shape up or suffer major loss of players!!

To be fair, the last few weeks have been rough ones, probably related to this major expansion.

Now I'm certainly not going to say that this game is without its problems and bugs (what MMORPG is?) but the last few weeks really aren't a fair representative sample. Give it some time to settle in, and you'll find that in some ways, this is one of the most detailed games you've probably ever seen.
  • Options
    destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, the last few weeks have been rough ones, probably related to this major expansion.

Now I'm certainly not going to say that this game is without its problems and bugs (what MMORPG is?) but the last few weeks really aren't a fair representative sample. Give it some time to settle in, and you'll find that in some ways, this is one of the most detailed games you've probably ever seen.

You do know that the problems associated with this game is because of PWE having most of their games on the same server architecture right? Neverwinter, Champions and STO are all run on the same or very similar hardware. For instance a week ago, something happened and it knocked out all their games at once.

So... yeah.. just saying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You do know that the problems associated with this game is because of PWE having most of their games on the same server architecture right? Neverwinter, Champions and STO are all run on the same or very similar hardware. For instance a week ago, something happened and it knocked out all their games at once.

So... yeah.. just saying.

I didn't read into the details of it, but I will point out that they don't have to be on the same server architecture. A lot of their problems seem to be network-related. My guess is their data center network needs a serious revamp.

Either way, that doesn't necessarily negate what I said. The last few weeks have not been an accurate representation.
  • Options
    epsilons232epsilons232 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Been playing other (SciFi) MMO's as well and the number of crashes, dropped connections, logouts, unable to logins of this game exceeds that of what I experienced with those other games (together).

Don't use "Major expansion" as an excuse. Other MMO's release expansions as well, some smaller but more frequent. Maybe that's something for Cryptic to try. No big bang, download alot, crash a lot, but smaller patches (6 pre patch downloads of 5.8Gb last week, today another X Gb: don't know the exact amount, had to kill and restart numerous times to pull in the bits)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Been playing other (SciFi) MMO's as well and the number of crashes, dropped connections, logouts, unable to logins of this game exceeds that of what I experienced with those other games (together).

Don't use "Major expansion" as an excuse. Other MMO's release expansions as well, some smaller but more frequent. Maybe that's something for Cryptic to try. No big bang, download alot, crash a lot, but smaller patches (6 pre patch downloads of 5.8Gb last week, today another X Gb: don't know the exact amount, had to kill and restart numerous times to pull in the bits)

Meh - this doesn't hold a candle to some of the stuff I saw on WoW.... weekly 4 hour maintenance window (almost always went over) followed by 2 days of unstable servers, multiple server reboots, emergency patches... 3 days downtime on realms getting ready for a major expansion... and this on a game that you had to pay a subscription, plus by the software, plus buy the expansions...

Most of the time this game ain't that bad.
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh - this doesn't hold a candle to some of the stuff I saw on WoW.... weekly 4 hour maintenance window (almost always went over) followed by 2 days of unstable servers, multiple server reboots, emergency patches... 3 days downtime on realms getting ready for a major expansion... and this on a game that you had to pay a subscription, plus by the software, plus buy the expansions...

Most of the time this game ain't that bad.

I'm an ex-warcrack addict too so I've come to expect problems with patch launches on every game I play and don't get too upset about it. Considering Blizzard has been in the business for decades and couldn't launch an expansion without issues why should I expect any other company to do better?

LOL Diablo 3 on launch day makes STO's expansion launch here look pretty smooth. If anyone thinks PWE is bad for this obviously they haven't played many MMOs.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep moving your mouse while it is patching don't let your pc go to sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers