Options

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    olvanator wrote: »
    And not a single date was given.

No offense, but I also have Christmas vacation 'on the way' as well.

Thanks for the update though - it's good to see 'what' is being worked on, even if we don't know 'when' it will be fixed.

Wow.... that made me facepalm while shaking my head.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems we'll finally see the things workings as we expect. A suggestion i would make, even knowing is a bit later or even irrelevant regards the GF guard mater. I think it could be better if it actually escalates with level, since in the later levels, it's pretty much 1 hit break (in other words, useless).
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    stuffedlobsterstuffedlobster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killerella wrote: »
    Very appropriate question. I hope they will at least have some easy path for many of us to respec, as I'm sure a large percentage of players will definitely need to do some re-tweaking. Skills/paths that you passed on the 1st time around, might be worth having, skills that you kept because of no better choice, you may wish to dump, etc... and honestly, what better way to know if the rebalancing worked than letting the community tweak out all the new found potential, and see how it goes?

Maybe a sale or special quest for respec'ers? :D

Thanks for the great news, the update does sound AWESOME!

Agreed, not that I mind paying to change my build if it is because of preference, but if we are in Beta, shouldn't repecs be easier to obtain so people can test/tweak things to see what is working and what isn't?
  • Options
    agahnimzagahnimz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just hope those extravagant Zen store prices means generous salaries for Cryptic's staff. I would surely be more inclined to spend money if I knew there was some sort of profit sharing for your workers. Anyways, thanks for the hard work! I love, LOVE the game and I cant wait for more!!!
  • Options
    drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the suggestion of a ranger class.
  • Options
    drakhyndrakhyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Well duh it doesn't take a genesis to know that what it means. I bet that all they be doing.

Lol. I read this as we're nerfing rogues and wizards, buffing everyone else. Have a nice day! ;)
  • Options
    renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    They've already said that any major changes to feats or powers will merit a free respec for the affected people.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So many lemmings in this game.

LOL at anyone that plays this trash over Rift. I went back there after the exploit galore in this game and have no clue why I left that game. Such a difference a good game and good dev team make over this trash that the masses flock too. Just remember, gets those wallets open!!!

PWExploit
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    This excellent news!
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    * Waits for actual Patch Notes before getting too excited *
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would find it hard to imagine that they wouldn't give out respecs for free for all characters after a substantial set of mechanics, class, and powers changes during open beta. If they didn't, I would find it hard to be anything other than very disappointed. But I'm optimistic they know this is one of those times when it makes full sense to do so.
  • Options
    stuffedlobsterstuffedlobster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They've already said that any major changes to feats or powers will merit a free respec for the affected people.

Link please?
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Well duh it doesn't take a genesis to know that what it means. I bet that all they be doing.

I think that Rogue over powered survivability was more of an issue than their single target damage... Glass cannon... /shrug
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    While it will always be cool to roll new characters, please ask your PR department to consider free respec tokens for people with lvl 60 characters. It think you'd pass on less money than you did in the Caturday pack and your players -WE- would feel like rockstars.
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully the class balance won't ruin things up and make players whine even more than now.
    Let's see.

I really expected class balance to happen after the pvp content patch and the major bug fixes but whatever.
  • Options
    ridddleboxridddlebox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am super excited to hear that:) I really can't wait for the new races/classes and the other paragon paths as well
  • Options
    garriusdetylmargarriusdetylmar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't wait! Hope it fixes a lot of gameplay problems!
    There is always another dawn.
    garriussig21_zpsyovrkgyj.png
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    I would find it hard to imagine that they wouldn't give out respecs for free for all characters after a substantial set of mechanics, class, and powers changes during open beta.

they did in the past after major changes, let's hope they kept a shred of common sense.
    While it will always be cool to roll new characters, please ask your PR department to consider free respec tokens for people with lvl 60 characters.

this. one free respec once you hit 60 should reduce a lot of the annoyance.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, they're not.
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leeford wrote: »
    Archer Ranger?

Screw AAs. WTB Tempest.
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    ajinatorajinator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

this would be wonderful, at least one at the "end" of the beta.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    I expect them to overdo it. Nerf TRs way to much until their lower dps then GWF and CW in both AoE and ST. Completly gimp Shocking Execution and Lashing Blade into uselessness while leaving Ice Knife as it is.
    And every other class will think their fine, becouse now they cant be killed by them.
  • Options
    viith3003viith3003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    So many lemmings in this game.

LOL at anyone that plays this trash over Rift. I went back there after the exploit galore in this game and have no clue why I left that game. Such a difference a good game and good dev team make over this trash that the masses flock too. Just remember, gets those wallets open!!!

PWExploit

All well and good that you prefer Rift over NW, but it will never cease to amaze me why you people still hang around. (other than the obvious troll reasons)....
  • Options
    warriorbatwarriorbat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    I am really not excited, nor do I have high expectations about this. I just hope they will surprise me. :p
  • Options
    kumaburukumaburu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully server wide respecs?
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    h0rse wrote: »
    They already are, so I don't know if it's on their "to do list."

Well, perhaps...if you like being a tank instead of a healer. I definitely do not.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I know that I'm a pessimist and I complain a lot, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what the GWF changes end up being. If the class becomes viable I will stop complaining for at least a week while I gorge on T2 dungeons.

So c'mon, push it already. Daddy needs his cleaving.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    respec would be nice if the changes are as big as they say... This could make or break alot of things though so hopefully they dont overshoot anything.

I think alot of people gave great feedback so I am really really hoping these changes come soon. I would like an ETA as well...
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really hoping for free respecs for everyone given the magnitude of the implied changes.
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah please Neverwinter/Cryptic/whoever, with these big of changes coming we'll need respec tokens to fix our characters accordingly. This is so not the time to be greedy and make everyone pay for them.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
This discussion has been closed.