test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Let guild member take over guild if guild leader has been inactive

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Could we have a way to let a guild member be promoted to guild leader if the original leader and all officers have been inactive for more than six months?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can't you just leave?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Would rather recycle the current one. Imagine that people keep leaving dead guilds and create new guilds or join other guilds, then the server would have to store more and more useless data of dead guilds.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    actually, there is a system already in place for this where the guild leadership falls to the next highest guild member if the rank 7 is inactive for 30 days. if your rank 6 and 7 members are all inactive, i'm not sure what your next step is from there outside of contacting support.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?433131-Guild-Leader-gone-AWOL&p=5571241&viewfull=1#post5571241
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    actually, there is a system already in place for this where the guild leadership falls to the next highest guild member if the rank 7 is inactive for 30 days. if your rank 6 and 7 members are all inactive, i'm not sure what your next step is from there outside of contacting support.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?433131-Guild-Leader-gone-AWOL&p=5571241&viewfull=1#post5571241
    Thanks for the info! To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the in-game Guild UI. I only checked my guild info on gateway a few times and found no special button. I just logged into the game and found in the Guild UI that there was the button "Claim Leadership". After clicking the button and confirming dialogue, my rank has been boosted from rank 3 to rank 7, and now I'm a co-leader of my very small guild. Although I'm the only active member. lol.