test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major updates on the way!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter! :)

~The Neverwinter Team

Update: you can take a look at some of these changes here! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• fordrainefordraine Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I am excited :D
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome !
    Keep it coming please. :D
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    I am prepared.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are such a tease! :)

Very excited about the upcoming changes and looking forward to the details!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • dogbackwarddogbackward Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Archer Ranger?
  • caranlhachcaranlhach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh, geez yes.
    Anxious to see what exactly will be changed in the new patch.
    Especially for CW. :D
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    I honestly hope that with said changes to class abilities and rebalancing that you include free respecs? Or are they going to make us pay $6 to make our characters playable again after said rebalancing and ability changes? I mean, not that I would doubt that Cryptic would pass up a chance to gouge yet more money from thier player base, I was just kinda hoping, you know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If it makes the cleric enjoyable to play in dungeons then I will be most impressed.
  • teknomooseyteknomoosey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had to take time after hyper ventilating from excitement to type this. I AM SOOOOO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THE UPDATE!!!
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am very excited to hear about the upcoming changes, I'm sure they'll be great. However, one question presents itself: as with any balancing pass, will we be alotted a respec token to update our various builds?
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hallipo wrote: »
    I honestly hope that with said changes to class abilities and rebalancing that you include free respecs? Or are they going to make us pay $6 to make our characters playable again after said rebalancing and ability changes? I mean, not that I would doubt that Cryptic would pass up a chance to gouge yet more money from thier player base, I was just kinda hoping, you know?

((chuckles))

Respecs are a convenience item.
  • vontommyvontommy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very excited! Do any of those fixes address those of us who can't send mail in game?
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Rebalancing across the board. That's all I wanted to see.

Oh please... We haveno info about what changes they might be and you scrubs are already begging for respec tokens...
    forumskill.gif
  • rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone, [...]
    You guys seems to be working hard. I sincerely hope you'll be rewarded both working-wise and community-wise.

Reth.
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PLEASE say that MUSIC and SOUND EFFECTS will finally play in Foundry quests.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fordraine wrote: »
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I am excited :D

+1

10char
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exciting and possibly problematic, since those of us who feel we have created optimum builds for our preferred styles of play may now feel that we're being penalized. I will be cautiously optimistic as I wait for more information.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    too little too late sadly
  • llinbfllinbf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, just putting Damage to GWF on Arena is good ...
  • miniaturebearsminiaturebears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With changes to classes, should we expect a free respec? Or are they not that expansive?
  • ace0darknessace0darkness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We better see some free Respec tokens passed out if I have to change my build around. I'm not blowing 6$ on each character every time you decide to nerf or buff abilities
  • zbluggzblugg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THREAT.

I is now officially happy.
    21.jpg
  • juggernautzxjuggernautzx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please add some armor and weapon skins instead of every piece of gear looking the same!!!! as for the other stuff, great work. looking forward to this :)
  • h0rseh0rse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    If it makes the cleric enjoyable to play in dungeons then I will be most impressed.
    They already are, so I don't know if it's on their "to do list."
    8.jpg

Fiona Bauerstone - Devoted Cleric - Dragon Server
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hell... it's 'bout time.

PLEASE give free respecs, or reduce their price.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely great news, BUT, its too late unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maniacogamermaniacogamer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iupiii '---'
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great work, keep it up, looking forward to it !

And to spammers - don't , just hate spam..
    66d21070f075b8997c216f05105d3a48.jpg
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :) great i hope ppl will take gf and gwf in team after patch
This discussion has been closed.