Install Arc
Options

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Give us daily skirmishes at level 60.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    deathsofdreamsdeathsofdreams Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sounds fantastic!! :D
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhiven wrote: »
    My body is ready. But my loins burn with ire over the continued abused of the word "Soon" for everything. With how often you use the word, its completely meaningless. You don't have to give us exact dates and times, but a rough timeframe would be vastly perferable. Later today? Tomorrow? A few days? Next week? Couple weeks out?

Given that any indication of a date would be considered a promise by certain members of the community I doubt they'll give us anything until a few days before the patch.

That being said, the fact that they dropped us with a link to the patch notes forum in the first post I'd say it's close, say the 20th at the latest (although 18th might be a better bet).
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely great news, BUT, its too late unfortunately.

Because everyone has cancelled their subscription? Don't be silly, its a F2P game. People can freely return to try the new content.
  • Options
    kjrn16kjrn16 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm scared to be honest because i'm a rouge and a lot of people have been asking for a rouge nerf. What non-rouges don't get is that rogues are roughly squishy! In pvp yes we do a lot of damage but we also die VERY EASILY unless we have our buff on and only if it's not in cooldown! In all honesty we can't take on more than 2 at a time and that's only if one is slightly damaged already. And in PvE we're usually sent off to kill the boss and if the others don't manage to pull all the adds we don't do all that well. We're mostly a 1v1 class. So when you say re-balancing I do hope you don't ruin the fun of the game. Classes aren't meant to be balanced perfectly because THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. That's like saying a half-orc rogue will be better than a halfling or an elf rogue. Uhm, no. So please do keep in consideration that every class has it's perks and flaws. Just as it would in DnD. Keep it original. And great game so far I'm looking forward to the new expansions and hopefully the level cap to be raised. ( I went from 28 to 60 in about 5 days so it'd be no fun if it stops at 60 especially in a beta.) ALSO I hate to rant and leave a long message, but I am curious about the founders pack because my boyfriend is buying me it soon and I just want to know when it's ending? Ok well, thank you a ton for your great work and keep it up!
  • Options
    jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And there's no info on what stuff does, tooltips are pretty bad.

That i have to agree on, most mistakes i made were due to this, we cant realy tell how good a power or feat realy is just from the tool tip. At 1st i didnt make much of it cause powers could be changed on the fly and we could try out everything with no big deal to it. But since the point buy system came along this turned out a real pain.

I dont have anything against the point system, in fact i prefer it to the "thing" we had before but we need to get more real info on what powers do. Same goes for feats.
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why announce this if it wasn't happening today or in the next patch?

No one gives two ****s about what you intend to do, lol.
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Exciting and possibly problematic, since those of us who feel we have created optimum builds for our preferred styles of play may now feel that we're being penalized. I will be cautiously optimistic as I wait for more information.

agreed... i will remain optimistically skeptical. if this update is everything they say it is and everything we have been looking for, it may already be too late. i have 3 characters at 60, a lv 42 & lv 36. one of each class...
  • Options
    gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like the sentiment in the post and its nice to see, that Cryptic care its a nice move on your side towards your clients.

That being said I am not going to celebrate just yet before there is some hard information on the patch.

I hope you finnaly fix GWF,GF and for the love of god Clerics and there almost useless healing.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "praying i get a respec token bound on every hero when this launches"

Depends on how severe the patch is, but whatever, else il just delete and make a new one np :)
    I hope this patch wil be so impactfull that it is worth making a new character :o
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Given that any indication of a date would be considered a promise by certain members of the community I doubt they'll give us anything until a few days before the patch.

There's no way Cryptic doesn't run without internal deadlines and specific dates for these things. Besides, I'm not asking for a specific date. Just a general time frame. Thus far they've used the term "Soon" to indicate anything from a month to day to a couple of hours. Just telling us "Soon" all the time makes it completely meaningless and gets people's hopes up which leads to more frustration.
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    he said clearly. "very soon" does that help.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    he said clearly. "very soon" does that help.

Not really, no. They've been saying that for a few days already. ;p

They're stuck in Valve time.
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    get ready for rogue nerf. longer cd to many needed skills. less damage from daggers. adjustment to critt damage.
    GF threat buff. GWF buff in most areas. MAYBE cleric circle stacking will be changed. I hope so and im a cleric mostly.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Almost forgot @ PWE & Cryptic : Your game is the best April's fool joke ever keep up the bad work guise .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Rogue's need a tone down, no argument here. I gave up my Rogue ( and rolled a GF, lawl ) because it was getting outright silly. It would be nice if you actually needed to use stealth.

Rogue's are where WoW Hunter's were. The skill cap for effective performance is too low. Yes, a well played Rogue is amazing, but even a poorly played one is rather powerful. They're too idiot proof for a stealth class.
  • Options
    ghodzixanghodzixan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this really happening, i got goosebumps :rolleyes:
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    can we get a definition on soon?
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

^^^ This!^^^

I would appreciate this much more than the Caturday appreciation package.
    thank you
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter! :)

~The Neverwinter Team

Great I see you carefully worded this statement. You mention you are working on the exploits but this post doesn't say you did anything to fix said exploits. Its nice your adding more features but I still say its a fail without exploits getting fixed.

Also like hell will I waist money respect my character at all after this. We should get free respect until game launches.
  • Options
    kleinhammerkleinhammer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also like hell will I waist money respect my character at all after this. We should get free respect until game launches.

Respect is earned, not given.

All joking aside, it would be pretty nice of them to give us a little leeway in adjusting our specs - it is beta after all, and how can we be expected to test all the different powers out when we have to pay money to do so?
  • Options
    obesehoboobesehobo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Joy to the world
  • Options
    werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    boo hoo, I dont even know what changes will be made to my character...good or bad, but I MUST GET A FREE RESPEC! -summarizes all 21 pages of this thread.

Just wait and quit your whining.
    forumskill.gif
  • Options
    ricktus1973ricktus1973 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    what about foundry tool updates? :(

It's all game mechanics. Unfortunately we may be wise to wait until they have the majority of the game itself cleaned up and working correctly so they can dedicate more time and effort into the Foundry when they get to that point. I'd rather them do that than make a quickie half arsed patch for the Foundry in between big patches like this one seems to be.
  • Options
    ricktus1973ricktus1973 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    boo hoo, I dont even know what changes will be made to my character...good or bad, but I MUST GET A FREE RESPEC! -summarizes all 21 pages of this thread.

Just wait and quit your whining.

I'm kinda thinking that it would be better to be vocal on that point myself. If they don't know how upset people would be without the respecs, then they might think it would be all right not to include said freebie. I have faith that they will go ahead and give em out anyway, but it can't hurt to let them know all the same.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

I do hope we will get a free complete respec for each character. A refund on the respecs we have purchased because the existing class mechanics are bugged would be nice too.
  • Options
    admanteadmante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure what the point of this official announcement is since they do not give a date. We already know it is coming "soon." This post doesn't add anything except "sooner." I'll reserve judgment until I can actually see something.
  • Options
    khedrakkhedrak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Things I see that could be greatly improved upon.

(Disconnected many times writing this) raising that disconnect thing to like an hour instead of this 15 minutes would be nice. Go get a drink and snack and when you come back we're disconnected every time. Also fixing the log out and exit game thing. Log out to character select screen and exit game is what it should be.

Thieves can disarm traps. Lets have them get mats to make their own traps from the traps they disarm.

The crafting system needs a HUGE overhaul. Like to see crafting in a game where it is actually useful. The way its set up now it takes too long to make things and when they're done you no longer need them. Then having to spend too much extra cash in web-store to make rare stuff not to mention the rares aren't always that good for them being rares. Would also like to see a great game where you can actually craft everything the game has to offer. Also the profession / jobs now are kind of limited. Just five, I'm sure we can come up with a few more. (Geology, mining, forging, weaponsmithing, skinning, cooking, artist, sculpture, engineer, enchanting, gem-crafting, woodworking, shipbuilding, fishing, medicine, first aid, alchemy, science, nature, herbalist, farming, archaeology, scribe just to list a few).

Now for gear. We're limited in what we have for both armor and cosmetics. I'd love to see our head slot improved. a head slot should contain at minimum 3 slots. Top of head, eyes and mouth. not to mention ears and neck. Now the neck should also be separate from a cape. Imaging wearing a top hat (top head slot), a monocle (eye slot) and a fake mustache (mouth) all at the same time. Or a voodoo mask on your face using the eye and mouth slot and wearing a hat. As for the cosmetics only having 3 slots total make it the worst one I've seen. We need many more and as with the armor head slot the cosmetics head slot should also be at least 3 slots. If its going to continue to be a free to play game (I HOPE NOT) we are also going to need many more cosmetic and dyes in the web store. (See perfect world). Maybe even sell some invisible armor dyes for those armor pieces we don't want to see.

Mounts are so plain. Sure some are faster than others and there are a few different ones but that's it. They still have the normal disappearing act when we dismount them. Would love to see them stay in-game unless parked at say a stable. Would also like to see mounts have storage space. Say saddle bags. Could even sell those in many different sizes, selling the largest ones in the web-store. I know some would like to see combat mounts. Where we can either do combat while riding them or for the mounts to do combat like the companions do.

More equipment slots to equip our companions with more gear, companion inventory (Give them backpacks, could sell them in web-store), the non-animal companions should either ride on the back of our mounts or spawn their own mounts instead of trying to run after us.

One of the things I hate most is multiple currencies. We need only one or two types of currency one for PvP and one for everything else. Having currencies, like faction currency, or other currencies that are used only at certain shops. I so hated that in wow and many of the other MMO
  • Options
    andoriyuandoriyu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Way to sock it to all the complainers Cryptic!
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you really do listen to people then you will give out free repsecs for all characters. And not reduced cost respecs either free. If you really listen to people you would also reduce the zen store costs by half at least. You would fix the exploits before adding anything new. Fix pvp so you cant use bots either.
This discussion has been closed.