test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Owlbear shard?

celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Used to have only Dragon(the main) and the Preview. What is the Owlbear shard for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Testing purposes. It's usually visible when the preview shard is up as well.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ah thanks :)
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Live: Self-explanatory
    Preview: Tests anything shortly before going to Live
    Owlbear: Used in place of Preview for anything going to Live when Preview is needed longer-term for heavier testing (such as the new module) - When you see Owlbear think of it as this: Owlbear for testing things a few days before going to live - when Preview is needed for testing things a few weeks before going to Live. Otherwise, Preview is usually used.
  • Options
    elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Live: Self-explanatory
    Preview: Tests anything shortly before going to Live
    Owlbear: Used in place of Preview for anything going to Live when Preview is needed longer-term for heavier testing (such as the new module) - When you see Owlbear think of it as this: Owlbear for testing things a few days before going to live - when Preview is needed for testing things a few weeks before going to Live. Otherwise, Preview is usually used.

You have the two servers reversed. Owlbear is where the small patches go right before they hit live. Preview is where the IWD patch was before it went live.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You have the two servers reversed. Owlbear is where the small patches go right before they hit live. Preview is where the IWD patch was before it went live.

He has it right, read the explanation of Owlbear more.

Preview = the normal testing server
    Owlbear = the testing server for things going onto live ONLY when a module is being tested on Preview. You will never see Owlbear otherwise.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No, not mixed-up - read more carefully. However, I could have explained it in and easier-to-read fashion, so I am not proclaiming you to be wrong in your comment. :)

@Midnightfang stated it more clearly - Whereas I tend to be verbose about and over-explain things. (Yes, it's a recognized fault of mine).