test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Malabog Castle loot drop rates

krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
What's with the drop rates for Malabog castle?

I've run this thing enough times to get 324 seals. Which works out to like 86 boss kills (seals are random 3-5 so I can't say exactly). During those runs I've seen a set CW offhand exactly once (I, of course, lost the roll). I've seen maybe a half dozen (probably less) crafted weapon parts (I, of course, lost every roll). Yeah, I get that random is random and I just had bad luck on the rolls. But the sheer lack of drops that aren't blue garbage is staggering.
Post edited by krinaman on

Comments

• Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have 396 Dark Fey Seals. Have not yet spent any.
    Yesterday, the Fomorian Fabled Talisman dropped from the first boss in Malabog's Castle.
    First time I have seen it.
    Lucky for me, the other CW choose greed because he says he already has one !
    I chose need and won with a roll of 15.
    At the time, I was doing MC with an elite guild (not my guild).
    I am sure most CW's have never even seen the CW offhand.

I have only seen 3-4 fragments drop from the second boss. Only won one roll.
    Fortunately, it was the Quillon fragment which I need to craft the Fomorian Fabled Orb.
    Currently at artificing level 8, which means I have plenty of time to aquire the other two remaining fragments and other necessary items to craft the orb.
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The thing is you should expect to win a fragment drop 1 out of 5 times. Which means running the thing enough times to get 1000+ seals. Which works out to like 250 boss kills. That's just an insane amount of runs.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    418 Seals and I've finally one 1 fragment. Majority of the time some random wins it that can't even use it as it's not for their class. Since the fragments are BoE everyone rolls need on them and sells on AH. It's the ONLY item in the entire dungeon that's BoE... why?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't know how you even finish this dungeon I tried twice, first time I died right before the last boss and got sent back to the very beginning fireplace, had to quit. Second time I just got sent into a hacked instance where none of us was in a party and couldn't leave party or anything, had to quit the game and log another char for a while.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    End chest has around 15 seals in it.

So 3 x 4 average from bosses = 12 + 15 = 27 a run. Means you've done around 12 runs if they were all during DD. With 5 players, and ive seen on average 1 off hand a run.. Chances are you'd only see 2 wizard offhands, and since many groups take 2 cws, youd only just barely average one out.

So yea your luck not particularly bad or anything in this case.

If most runs weren't during dd, then yea your luck is slightly low.

Personally I've got 2 of my offhands in 2 runs (2nd run I greeded and won anyways) so yea you can hate me now..

But yea overall the dungeons not very rewarding AD wise due to everything sans fragments being bop. Poor design imo.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i think that drop rate is much bigger then it should be.with all the exploits people forgot how is farm for something they just want instant stuff with no effort and i bett all of ya bugged the boss to.have to say this is a good change from cn were every drop is bis.and plz ban this exploiters here
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    axis40 wrote: »
    i think that drop rate is much bigger then it should be.with all the exploits people forgot how is farm for something they just want instant stuff with no effort and i bett all of ya bugged the boss to.have to say this is a good change from cn were every drop is bis.and plz ban this exploiters here

Yep, having bosses drop almost all blues is completely fine, especially for those joining pug teams. If they want to make certain items rare, then fine but at least drop stuff that I can salvage or sell for gold rather than just draining my gold on pots/kits. The whole expansion is about delaying your progress to make it artifically longer. At first I was liking the expansion, but in a few hours I will have all wards reinforced for the new area and still have to wait another week to get enough sparks. There's only so much I can do until it's just overly repetitive, especially if you have 5 toons like me. I'm just doing the same quests over and over and there's no real progress. I also thought it was weird that the time to get the 3rd boon will have the biggest gap to unlock. So no, the drop rate is not bigger than it should be unless you were the lucky ones that actually managed to get something actually of value and don't want others to have it. There needs to be at least something to make it profitable. Even the best rewards aren't spectacular. The new sets are mostly disappointing, whether it's the minor increase on stats or the cooldowns on the armour sets that make me consider other sets or mixing 2 sets instead.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Yep, having bosses drop almost all blues is completely fine, especially for those joining pug teams. If they want to make certain items rare, then fine but at least drop stuff that I can salvage or sell for gold rather than just draining my gold on pots/kits. The whole expansion is about delaying your progress to make it artifically longer. At first I was liking the expansion, but in a few hours I will have all wards reinforced for the new area and still have to wait another week to get enough sparks. There's only so much I can do until it's just overly repetitive, especially if you have 5 toons like me. I'm just doing the same quests over and over and there's no real progress. I also thought it was weird that the time to get the 3rd boon will have the biggest gap to unlock. So no, the drop rate is not bigger than it should be unless you were the lucky ones that actually managed to get something actually of value and don't want others to have it. There needs to be at least something to make it profitable. Even the best rewards aren't spectacular. The new sets are mostly disappointing, whether it's the minor increase on stats or the cooldowns on the armour sets that make me consider other sets or mixing 2 sets instead.

Y i know was just looking if any reaction lol
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    axis40 wrote: »
    Y i know was just looking if any reaction lol

):

*extra characters to post*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    ):

*extra characters to post*

sad but true
  • Options
    tydingco671tydingco671 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    krinaman wrote: »
    What's with the drop rates for Malabog castle?

I've run this thing enough times to get 324 seals. Which works out to like 86 boss kills (seals are random 3-5 so I can't say exactly). During those runs I've seen a set CW offhand exactly once (I, of course, lost the roll). I've seen maybe a half dozen (probably less) crafted weapon parts (I, of course, lost every roll). Yeah, I get that random is random and I just had bad luck on the rolls. But the sheer lack of drops that aren't blue garbage is staggering.

well as for me i collected 250 seals and got 2 off hand cw talisman and fragments are very low
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops are the reason most people don't bother running MC after they have got what they want from it. Across my characters ive probably run it 200 times or so, and no seldarine, no fragments and a cpl offhands - the drop rates in this game really are quite abysmal. VT otoh is quick and easy and has decent drops usually - though after getting 4 chars worth of dread legion set (and on my main, she has enough seals to buy like 10 armour items lol, I still have yet to see a crown either.

Its really very random - my Main gwf took maybe 100 runs to get the offhand fallen item, yet my 2nd gwf got it first run. Yet my main gwf got gloves first karru run, yet the 2nd took like 50 xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The Church of Kelemvor disallows the practice of Necromancy within (the) Neverwinter (forums)!
    (If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
    See Rule 3.13)
This discussion has been closed.