test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• Options
    agahnimzagahnimz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they change the builds at all then the build you have not will no longer exist, so your powers and feats points will have to be refunded. Not so much a 'respec', more of a 'reset', I assume.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, will this "Kitchen Sink" patch technically be considered the same as the Day-1 launch patch?
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bzzzd wrote: »
    one free respec once you hit 60 should reduce a lot of the annoyance.

It would probably better to allow respecs immediately, since it will affect the skill/path choices at any level. Of course, anyone already at lvl 60, that's a different issue. Also I would guess they want valid feedback as soon as possible so they can push towards a full "official" release at the earliest date.
  • Options
    pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please add some armor and weapon skins instead of every piece of gear looking the same!!!! as for the other stuff, great work. looking forward to this :)
    Agreed with this
  • Options
    phoenixsolacephoenixsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can guarantee a free respec when they are changing how a class works. Haven't seen an mmo where major changes were made and they did not automatically refund you all of you points/aa/feats/class abilities. I am looking forward to the new patch :)
  • Options
    rytram99rytram99 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AWESOME, i cant WAIT to see whats in store. but i dont know if this is one of the fixes but i DO have at least a couple tips. firstly in AH when you try to search via level req, it doesnt work, specifying level has absolutely NO effect on the results, 2ndly AH bid system could use some improvement, in almost every auction system ive come across they had a MAX bid amount, in this game it simply changes the current bit, soo if current is 1 AD and i put in 100AD as my bid, the current now becomes 100 and all anyone else has to do is click the bid button to automatically outbid you, this is an issue to me. ALSO on gateway, alot of times in the professions TAB it will fail to completely or properly load and will not show the next page arrows and i will have to click on a different skill then back, and so on and so forth until it displays properly (if ever) and it is most common with the leadership skill.
  • Options
    tojolobal2tojolobal2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

Bump, I would expect the same.. I realize it`s Beta and changes are to be expected, but I`m not sure I like the idea of being penalized for participating and providing feedback.. It`s not a hand out if the game is being modified so significantly is it? All I would ask for is 1 token for the life of beta. Sadly I've already respec'd one character - will I need to again so soon?
  • Options
    govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now we need a test shard! Please!
  • Options
    neozepneozep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully, with all these class changes we will be getting a free respeck. It would only be fair.
    If w don't. That just confirms my fear that this is all about money. And then I will seriously reconsider if this game is for me.

This is NOT a "do what I say or i quit" threat. I'm just hornets!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    also a minor issue in gateway AH. ill click the time left to catagorize my results, but as soon as i bid it will automatically re catagorize the list in a different way then ill have to reclick expires in once again, like i said its very minor, but also very annoying.
  • Options
    jalfreyjalfrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will the patch address the delays in dealing with Billing tickets?
  • Options
    thescrubexpressthescrubexpress Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

Whoah, and lose out on all that zen people would practically be forced in to buying?
  • Options
    dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Words are wind, I need patch notes.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now we need a test shard! Please!

They don't already have a test shard??? :eek:
  • Options
    coffeegolemcoffeegolem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very cool! Hopefully this is the patch where they will actually make the game have something to do with Dungeons and Dragons as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    about how long-ish should we expect to wait for said update?
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Noooo!!! This is too soon, let more WoWies/Exploiters leave first, its been only one month of OBT, pls delay!

Kidding aside, bravo Cryptic, nice work keep it up.
  • Options
    bloodgatherbloodgather Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm all fired up.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haha, take that, naysayers! :)
  • Options
    airlianairlian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome, can't wait. I'd love to get back to my GWF.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    your doing it wrong than. because just for fun we were running our friend whom is a cleric through the dungeons and he works quite well, but in exchange he had to solo the boss as we stood aside and cheered for him, and he did just fine. mount hotenow the giant boss, the entire time we were figuring out how to climb the walls and once we got to the top as high as we could go, we stood up there using cheer commands as he 1v1 the giant, he only died once.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Haha, take that, naysayers! :)

Take what?

Personally, I'd reserve judgment until the patch is actually released, considering that the people who are "fixing" it are the same ones who screwed it up in the first place.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Sounds pretty darn awesome! Just don't keep us waiting to long now, anxious to see if it will be as great as it sounds. :)
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Huzzah!!! :0 Maybe I won't be playing en Episode of benny Hill on my Cleric in Dungeons any more!!!
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    I expect them to overdo it. Nerf TRs way to much until their lower dps then GWF and CW in both AoE and ST. Completly gimp Shocking Execution and Lashing Blade into uselessness while leaving Ice Knife as it is.
    And every other class will think their fine, becouse now they cant be killed by them.

Pretty much what I think as well, they'll overnerf the only striker class in the game.

I don't mind if they buff my GWF main though, at least make them Desirable to groups.

I see no mention of cash shop price reductions based on feedback, at this point looks like they will completely ignore it. A free re-spec would be nice and they will do it if they have a shred of integrity but I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    anthonydamanthonydam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Respec tokens please - balance changes will be a pain to a lot of us
    Need a website? Why not Zoidberg?!
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THis better be the best patch or you'll see the rest of the population gone within a week .
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People need to tone down their expectations, this patch may promisse alot but we all should know that they dont have a magic button that will fix everything at the same time...
    Hopefully this patch will fix alot of problems people have right now, but class balance is never made in a single patch... atleast i never saw it done im my 7 years of playing MMOs...
    But hey, they are trying , they have improve comunication with us, they are trying to improve the game, and we should expect a patch that will help ALOT of ppl in this game but isnt going to be perfect...
    So keep your expectations low, if they put all of the things the OP told in the same patch we will have a week with alot of bugs, but its going to be worth it,so just hang on with them, they are finally showing that they care and that they are trying to improve the free game we play, and that is always a good thing...

and btw to the people asking for a free respec, i have to agree that would be nice to have one, but if my guardian is "fixed" and the issues im having with him are solved im more than glad to pay a respec just to be able to have options to choose from (not only conqueror spec) and have FUN with the class i choosed...

So dont expect a "miracle" patch but instead expect a big patch with lots of fixes, inovations but be prepared to have patience because with such big changes, alot of new bugs will surface along the week and we should give them time to fix them again..

Ty for the post OP, im excited :)
  • Options
    craivercraiver Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think Control Wizard needs more "controlling powers", i mean increase the duration of their stun, slow etc. About the guardian fighter, its overpower because of their block that act also as their health so must be nerf!. I mess up with the feats, so please reset it for all the players. The mount training thingy is overprice! It doesn't worth to buy cause you'll just get a little movement boost. I'm looking forward for the success of the next patch!
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ep51754.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
This discussion has been closed.