What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So... if we don't have Redshirt, what? We'd have to get it to test this?... How would the 'full separate copy of Star Trek Online' work? Would it be through ARC or standalone?

Does this mean that without Redshirt, all we can do is wait until Thursday?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok so apparently I ran the patch too soon fix not out yet lol to Redshirt bah lol
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not finding it on redshirt. Any hints?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thought it was just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    fix is not out yet to Redshirt lol we we have to wait a bit longer till it hits Redshirt to test it out that what Brandon just told me on Twitter
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Redshirt is available for access now. Patch notes will be posted here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335

For those of you having trouble accessing Holodeck, you may want to check to see if you can get into Redshirt now, and if you can't, then see if you can after the patch that includes the potential fix. That would be a great help :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Thanks for keeping us updated despite the noise level, Brandon. I'll try and reload redshirt tonite and see if it helps.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Okay, and I just realized redshirt is for silver and gold members, which I am neither. So it's Thursday for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    hmmm interesting tho why would i have downloaded a patch for redshirt when the fix is not in yet and no release nots out yet
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Okay, and I just realized redshirt is for silver and gold members, which I am neither. So it's Thursday for me.

Well in any case ill let u know if the potential fix fixes it when the fix come out ill try to re-download later tonight
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Uh... Aren't 'silver' players the free players?

I thought it was Silver/Free, Gold/Monthly, LTS...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains,

Good news! We're testing a potential fix for this issue internally, and once we're confident that it will be safe for a test server, we will push it there. If all checks out, the goal is to get this in the next Holodeck patch, so hopefully for Thursday.

I can't thank you enough for your continued patience, and I appreciate those of you in this thread that have been supportive of our efforts to resolve this. As mentioned, it is our top priority and we can't wait to see you back in-game.

Watch for Redshirt patch notes :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Top priority? Sure doesn't look like that if you won't make an emergency patch. Making us wait even longer AND not extending the special event is another form of horrible customer service. Especially when an update is being done tonight at midnight. Do this supposed fix of yours then. It's not like it would affect anyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    Top priority? Sure doesn't look like that if you won't make an emergency patch. Making us wait even longer AND not extending the special event is another form of horrible customer service. Especially when an update is being done tonight at midnight. Do this supposed fix of yours then. It's not like it would affect anyone.

hey they where talking about u a few post back lol
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »

He makes it so hard not to reply to.....No Comment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013

You're either one of the other :P (Silver = free-to-play, Gold = sub/Lifetime) So you should be able to check it out, as long as you've signed up here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013

NOTE: The Redshirt test server is available to both Gold and Silver Members.

You should have access to Redshirt according to that info i got off from http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=858951
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Redshirt is available for access now. Patch notes will be posted here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335

For those of you having trouble accessing Holodeck, you may want to check to see if you can get into Redshirt now, and if you can't, then see if you can after the patch that includes the potential fix. That would be a great help :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hand up in air. Not seeing where to go on this site. Little help over here. Thought I'd see big bold click here button.....hmmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    You're either one of the other :P (Silver = free-to-play, Gold = sub/Lifetime) So you should be able to check it out, as long as you've signed up here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Okay copied main character to red shirt and have to wait 2 hours??? Can do if required. Didn't remember silve= free...palm to face
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Okay copied main character to red shirt and have to wait 2 hours??? Can do if required. Didn't remember silve= free...palm to face

normally u dont have to wait those 2 hours once copied u only have to launch and its there already but since the fix is not out yet, yes we have to wait
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013

It says, "it may take *up* to two hours," but it's typically instantaneous.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Trying it now on REDSHIRT, will repost result THANKS BRANFLAKES
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Trying it now on REDSHIRT, will repost result THANKS BRANFLAKES

hahahaha Branflakes i won this time on that post lol, Wanderernotlost the fix is not out yet that was the last tweet i got from Brandon like 10 minutes ago or so
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Patching at 60% on Redshirt.....Glad I'm entertaining.....Better then ranting and raving....LOL:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Seriously, I'd really like to know if Redshirt is through a standalone STO launcher or through ARC before I try messing with it...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The patch that we are downloading right now was the patch that was release last night into Redshirt

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=874661
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Seriously, I'd really like to know if Redshirt is through a
    standalone STO launcher or through ARC before I try messing with it...

Well i dont have ARC so i think it might be standalone but not sure
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No News to give out yet Redshirt is NOT Patched at this time. The patch we just downloaded is from last night that just tested AFK timer penalties
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No News to give out yet Redshirt is NOT Patched at this time. The patch we just downloaded is from last night that just tested AFK timer penalties

Gotcha.... Standby for patch we are waiting for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My experience with character transfers to the test server is that they're always ready by the time I open the launcher and start the game.