test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    Let's imagine the problem were a headache. What if I told you I had a way to take care of your headache, in fact my solution would prevent any future headaches. Would you say "Sure, let me at it!"? Would you want to see how it worked first?

Hopefully you wouldn't blindly pursue the cure only to find out it was a guillotine...

Not really. I would want an immediate fix. In this case we have one, and they refuse to use it for no reason.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    I'd be fine with waiting if I was compensated for what I've lost/unable to do due to their TRIBBLE up. Neither has happened. They have the ability to fix this now, but are deliberately choosing not to do so for no, I repeat no, reason.

What are you out???? $3.50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    edited October 2013
    Not really. I would want an immediate fix.

Guillotine would be an immediate fix for headache
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    What are you out???? $3.50

How much I'm out is irrelevant. I don't mind paying money, but I don't appreciate it being 'stolen'.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have you considered the possibility that any compensation wouldn't be granted until after the problem is fixed?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited October 2013
    How much I'm out is irrelevant. I don't mind paying money, but I don't appreciate it being 'stolen'.

So if your car breaks down, do you rage and accuse to gas station for 'stealing' because you can't drive your car?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    On Behalf of the majority of the alleged "minority", I AM GLAD & SATISFIED at the way Cryptic has handled this situation. Squeaky wheels do not get the grease. They are annoying and get ignored, you know who you are. Many of us would enjoy having a ignore/block option on the forum, however that would be unrealistic, since information needs to be freely exchanged no matter form. Whether it is given in a sophomoric rant or a reasonably written notification, information needs to shared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    All I care about is getting what I've payed for. If force me to wait even longer to get their fix patched in, the bare minimum they could do is extended the crystalline event. They have essentially refused to do that. They need implement this fix tonight with maintenance.
    edited October 2013
    All I care about is getting what I've payed for. If force me to wait even longer to get their fix patched in, the bare minimum they could do is extended the crystalline event. They have essentially refused to do that. They need implement this fix tonight with maintenance.

I've yet to see a post from Cryptic stating they refuse anything. Did I miss a post, too busy sorting through the flotsam.

On Behalf of the majority of the alleged "minority", I AM GLAD & SATISFIED at the way Cryptic has handled this situation. Squeaky wheels do not get the grease. They are annoying and get ignored, you know who you are. Many of us would enjoy having a ignore/block option on the forum, however that would be unrealistic, since information needs to be freely exchanged no matter form. Whether it is given in a sophomoric rant or a reasonably written notification, information needs to shared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    And with that, I am done, folks. It is time to put this argument to sleep, all it is doing is burying Post #562 in a bunch of noise. Kyle, you need to understand that making a "minor" change to any complex system can have unexpected results. They want to make sure this fix will actually work and won't break something else even worse, or at least will fix the problem for some, but not for all. What will you do when everyone but you is back to playing the game because the patch excluded some quirk to your system that is causing the troubles but fixed everyone else's? Not to mention the team doing Account Server Maintenance might not even be the same crew who'll implement this wondrous fix.

They have had 5 days to figure it out. It needs to be implemented with the maintenance tonight.
    edited October 2013
    They have had 5 days to figure it out. It needs to be implemented with the maintenance tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    I've yet to see a post from Cryptic stating they refuse anything. Did I miss a post, too busy sorting through the flotsam.

Show me, then, were they stated they were extending the event.
    edited October 2013
    Show me, then, were they stated they were extending the event.

Show me where they have REFUSED.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    SO, wanderer, what do you think the first thing you'll do when we get back in the game on Thursday is?

I'm going to be clearing out completed DOff assignments, refining dil and exchanging it for Zen, first thing.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited October 2013
    They've refused everything since this whole ordeal began.

1) To not roll back the patch when it was discovered something was wrong.
    2) Refused to implement the fix when it was found, after 5 days of waiting.
    3) Refused to extended the event.

Their track record so far is speaking for itself.
    edited October 2013
    SO, wanderer, what do you think the first thing you'll do when we get back in the game on Thursday is?

I'm going to be clearing out completed DOff assignments, refining dil and exchanging it for Zen, first thing.

Well Turbo, I need to check in with my fleet. Was up for promotion, might have missed it. Then pass along sit-rep regarding forum experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Read the EULA. You aren't owed a thing. Your *sole* recourse is to choose not to use this 'service', at whatever point you choose not to. No one put a gun to your head or otherwise coerced you. Games are not 'mission-critical' and you are not guaranteed uptime. They could cancel the game tomorrow, turn off all the servers, and tell all the lifetime subscribers and gold members who just got charged for a month or three, "Hmm, sorry about that. Cheers."

That's the risk you take.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the event once the patch is live and they're sure it works. Except for Mr. Dewitt - I'm relatively certain they will not only *not* extend it for you, but they will make all your to-date earned shards disappear and force all your captains to look like Tattoo from Fantasy Island.

Well, at least if I were running Cryptic, I'd make it happen. But then I can be obstinate like that, so it is probably good that I'm not in charge. ;)

In other news, the patch seems to work fine on Redshirt for me. Nothing exploded.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited October 2013
    they've Refused Everything Since This Whole Ordeal Began.

1) To Not Roll Back The Patch When It Was Discovered Something Was Wrong.
    2) Refused To Implement The Fix When It Was Found, After 5 Days Of Waiting.
    3) Refused To Extended The Event.

Their Track Record So Far Is Speaking For Itself.

Squeak, Squeak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Read the EULA. You aren't owed a thing. Your *sole* recourse is to choose not to use this 'service', at whatever point you choose not to. No one put a gun to your head or otherwise coerced you. Games are not 'mission-critical' and you are not guaranteed uptime. They could cancel the game tomorrow, turn off all the servers, and tell all the lifetime subscribers and gold members who just got charged for a month or three, "Hmm, sorry about that. Cheers."

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the event once the patch is live and they're sure it works. Except for Mr. Dewitt - I'm relatively certain they will not only *not* extend it for you, but they will make all your to-date earned shards disappear and force all your captains to look like Tattoo from Fantasy Island.

Well, at least if I were running Cryptic, I'd make it happen. But then I can be obstinate like that, so it is probably good that I'm not in charge. ;)

In other news, the patch seems to work fine on Redshirt for me. Nothing exploded.

Could turn ship into garbage skow.....:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Show me where they have REFUSED.

The only reason my money has been 'stolen' is because they had the ability to fix this since Hour 1.
    edited October 2013
    The only reason my money has been 'stolen' is because they had the ability to fix this since Hour 1.

What planet are you from? Do you have any clue how many different users have different operating systems...etc. and to trace why one does or does not work. THERE WAS NO MAGIC CURE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    What planet are you from? Do you have any clue how many different users have different operating systems...etc. and to trace why one does or does not work. THERE WAS NO MAGIC CURE.

As was stated before. They had the ability to fix this extremely early on by rolling the patch back, and testing it out in Tribble to determine WTF. No instead they screwed around for 5 days and say they have a fix, just to TRIBBLE around some more by delaying it for no reason.
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Grabbed myself a beer and now kicking back and reading this thread. I figure taking the time to read kyledewitt post about his love for Perfect World will help pass the time until Thursday.

Carry on kyledewitt its not Thursday yet and I need to be kept entertained. ;)
  • lordamnelrahllordamnelrahl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't sit and watch forums so I did not see your response to my post till now wanted to say good work on lesion-ing (yes I just made that up). We appreciate you pitching our plight to the techs. Keep up the good work brendon.
    edited October 2013
    As was stated before. They had the ability to fix this extremely early on by rolling the patch back, and testing it out in Tribble to determine WTF. No instead they screwed around for 5 days and say they have a fix, just to TRIBBLE around some more by delaying it for no reason.

Rolling back a patch is like uneating a burrito. What comes back is messy and not whole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    boneskth wrote: »
    Grabbed myself a beer and now kicking back and reading this thread. I figure taking the time to read kyledewitt post about his love for Cryptic will help pass the time until Thursday.

Carry on kyledewitt its not Thursday yet and I need to be kept entertained. ;)

All I am doing is stating cold hard facts. Nothing more.
    edited October 2013
    All I am doing is stating cold hard facts. Nothing more.

SQUEAK SQUEAK. Just because you want what you think and say to be true, does not make them facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Rolling back a patch is like uneating a burrito. What comes back is messy and not whole.

They even indirectly stated they had the ability to do it, yet they refused to do so. All that's asked is that they implement this fix, without delay.
    edited October 2013
    I know one thing, this has all given me a new appreciation for the game. It's one thing not to play because you don't feel like it; entirely different because you can't, believe me.
    edited October 2013
    I know one thing, this has all given me a new appreciation for the game. It's one thing not to play because you don't feel like it; entirely different because you can't, believe me.

Just think of all the nice people you would have missed out on meeting if you were playing the game instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]