test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    They even indirectly stated they had the ability to do it, yet they refused to do so. All that's asked is that they implement this fix, without delay.

Omission of a statement is not a statement or refusal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's in their wording. All they've done is delayed in finding a fix, while the continue to pump stuff out for Season 8, and now that they have a fix they continue to delay.
    edited October 2013
    Reading between the lines will not reveal the true you seek to justify your position. Development is a separate department like R&D/Logistics etc. Your argument is non sequitur and circular. You are comparing apples to oranges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    They have done nothing but delay. They say they have a fix, but refuse to implement it. They're actually worse than Washington right now.
    edited October 2013
    Have you tried logging on Redshirt? Have you notified Cryptic that their fix on redshirt works on your computer? Have you helped them help you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Omission of a statement is not a statement or refusal.
    Reading between the lines will not reveal the true you seek to justify your position. Development is a separate department like R&D/Logistics etc. Your argument is non sequitur and circular. You are comparing apples to oranges.
    Have you tried logging on Redshirt? Have you notified Cryptic that their fix on redshirt works on your computer? Have you helped them help you?

If I had another 2GB i could've downloaded Redshirt. Plus, I see no point in using a server that I can't carry over my stuff with.
    edited October 2013
    See post # 562, Pg. 57 for latest Update

On Behalf of the majority of the alleged "minority", I AM GLAD & SATISFIED at the way Cryptic has handled this situation. Squeaky wheels do not get the grease. They are annoying and get ignored, you know who you are. Many of us would enjoy having a ignore/block option on the forum, however that would be unrealistic, since information needs to be freely exchanged no matter form. Whether it is given in a sophomoric rant or a reasonably written notification, information needs to shared.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    If I had another 2GB i could've downloaded Redshirt. Plus, I see no point in using a server that I can't carry over my stuff with.

Then that is a YOU problem, Not Cryptic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    They have a fix they just refuse to implement it, a sign of horrible customer service.
    edited October 2013

On Behalf of the majority of the alleged "minority", I AM GLAD & SATISFIED at the way Cryptic has handled this situation. Squeaky wheels do not get the grease. They are annoying and get ignored, you know who you are. Many of us would enjoy having a ignore/block option on the forum, however that would be unrealistic, since information needs to be freely exchanged no matter form. Whether it is given in a sophomoric rant or a reasonably written notification, information needs to shared.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    If I could get Redshirt, I would gladly try. As I said I'm about 2GB shorts. They need to implement this fix now.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If I could get Redshirt, I would gladly try. As I said I'm about 2GB shorts. They need to implement this fix now.

This person is proof you can never please everybody.

I support Cryptic. I support how hard they have to work while putting up with people who are not only thankless but refuse to acknowledge the hard work of others because they feel inconvienced.

Seriously, if I was in charge of Cryptic. I'd make sure every last mission you went on had you have to solo face a Unimatrix 0047 surrounded by 8 Tactical Cubes...in a Type-8 Shuttle Craft.

I would do that to you for a week.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow wake up from a looooong nap to find what like 4-5 new pages and all off topic. If we didnt have to wait till thursday i would suggest this thread be close lol. Let them test it out on Redshirt i do agree that they have to see if they didnt break anything else while trying to fix our problem.

I've gone 6 days without playing i can hold for 2 more days
    edited October 2013
    Wow wake up from a looooong nap to find what like 4-5 new pages and all off topic. If we didnt have to wait till thursday i would suggest this thread be close lol. Let them test it out on Redshirt i do agree that they have to see if they didnt break anything else while trying to fix our problem.

I've gone 6 days without playing i can hold for 2 more days

I can't test it but someone should be around to thank Cryptic for their hardwork and remind people that Computer Programming is not as easy as it looks. It's like troubleshooting new engineering...you have a good idea of the problem and how do it in theory but it may work (or not work) completely differently in practice.

This is what Kyle needs to understand. I am betting they will extend the event so that the affected can get back to it.
  • holger591973holger591973 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi everybody .........

I know I've bitched. But what I complained, was the flow of information from Cryptic.

Cryptic has been working hard on the problem and found a solution. You'll have to test this first solution is clear. If we have any luck, the problem is solved with the patch on thursday and we can all play again.

I can not speak for everyone here dear Cryptic team ............ you have done a good work ................

I started redshirt and it works ......................

Keep up the good work
    edited October 2013
    hmmmmm now that im thinking about it would it be possible for them to tell us what the problem causing this was????
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whatever they did today seems to have made it worse in that I'm now experiencing disconnects every few minutes (not worse because I'm now affected but it seems to be affecting more people rather than fixing it:o).
    edited October 2013
    unless everyone is playing on Redshirt dont think they made it worse as the fix only went into redshirt when i was on hardly saw anyone
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Changing to the proxy from none to US seems to have fixed my issues so worth trying if you still have problems.
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Paitence.. they only found it on tuseday..you only have to wait another day before the patch is applied to holodeck, and if you dont have enough room for redshirt make some room?
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yo branflakes would you kind sir please enlighten us on what actually caused this

P.S ultimate TROLL would be to ban kyledewitt for a hour ..... lol
  • taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yo branflakes would you kind sir please enlighten us on what actually caused this

P.S ultimate TROLL would be to ban kyledewitt for a extra 24 hours ..... lol
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They have done nothing but delay. They say they have a fix, but refuse to implement it. They're actually worse than Washington right now.

You are quite a piece of work, as frustrated as all the rest of us have been you take the cake whining like a two-year-old wanting candy at the store... "The account server" as several have stated is for all games. The patch for sto is limited only to sto. The point is no one is stealing anything from you that is worth this amount of crying and if you were a two-year-old I expect some one would have paddle your rump for a ruckus like this, be thankful for that and act like an adult for a change.

The early lack of communication with us, yes was frustrating, but does not warrant this sort of ranting... I went to the length of inserting a borrowed graphics card to even get in the game... what have you done to even help yourself or the problem except smoke up the forum with your terrible ranting attitude. If you want to be a victim be a victim... but leave us out of it... I've been back in for 3 days but I was watching this thread to see what has been going on as i had a concern for my fellow man and am hoping I don't have to end up buying a new graphics card as I stated this one is on loan and isn't all that great either.

Also cryptic has made me proud in that they have fixed the problem for my fellow gamers it inspires us all to hope for any future problems. I'm thankful a fix has been created at all... it didn't have to, as with any contract for online services they have every right to cancel their services to us at anytime. if you had faithfully read the end user agreements for the things you install you would know this... they fixed it so be thankfu, be patient a while longer and please shut up!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited October 2013
    You are quite a piece of work, as frustrated as all the rest of us have been you take the cake whining like a two-year-old wanting candy at the store... "The account server" as several have stated is for all games. The patch for sto is limited only to sto. The point is no one is stealing anything from you that is worth this amount of crying and if you were a two-year-old I expect some one would have paddle your rump for a ruckus like this, be thankful for that and act like an adult for a change.

The early lack of communication with us, yes was frustrating, but does not warrant this sort of ranting... I went to the length of inserting a borrowed graphics card to even get in the game... what have you done to even help yourself or the problem except smoke up the forum with your terrible ranting attitude. If you want to be a victim be a victim... but leave us out of it... I've been back in for 3 days but I was watching this thread to see what has been going on as i had a concern for my fellow man and am hoping I don't have to end up buying a new graphics card as I stated this one is on loan and isn't all that great either.

Also cryptic has made me proud in that they have fixed the problem for my fellow gamers it inspires us all to hope for any future problems. I'm thankful a fix has been created at all... it didn't have to, as with any contract for online services they have every right to cancel their services to us at anytime. if you had faithfully read the end user agreements for the things you install you would know this... they fixed it so be thankfu, be patient a while longer and please shut up!

Exactly I had gone to Best Buy to look at the cheapest card they had but decided to wait it out after learning that I would have to pay about 100 for both the cheapest card and installation. The reason i waited was that i was seeing if they fixed it so it was good I waited.

Now reason i asked what the problem is or was is because I wanna know if this will happen again when season 8 launches in a few weeks
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I don't expect we will get a technical detail of the problem, but the people who have had the problem could post details of their graphics cards and driver versions. Also if they have had a successful test on Redshirt.

That way, if someone us unable to download Redshirt, they could see if they matched someone who has been able to get on the patched Redshirt.
    edited October 2013
    While I don't expect we will get a technical detail of the problem, but the people who have had the problem could post details of their graphics cards and driver versions. Also if they have had a successful test on Redshirt.

That way, if someone us unable to download Redshirt, they could see if they matched someone who has been able to get on the patched Redshirt.

I doubt I match anyone here. I play STO on a Toshiba NN550 Netbook that has a 1.66 ghz Intel Atom with Intel IG for Graphics and 1GB ram. :( (Seriously, anybody want to help a fellow Gamer out?)
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I had a ati radeon series x300... my loaner card is Nvidia GT 430... still below recomendations.. the drivers were the most recent non beta release for use with windows xp sp3... I hope this is helpful... I installed the card and drivers myself with a few pointers from my friend and brother in law... but I am far from being any sort of tech. So more than that this worked for whatever reason I really can not say more,except it does have something to do with graphics Imo.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I say we should all get a drink at ESD tomorrow. First 2 rounds are on me.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [Thank you for your efforts fingers crossed we will be back on line soon

Chris
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    2) Refused to implement the fix when it was found, after 5 days of waiting.
    3) Refused to extended the event.

I know it's like talking to a brick wall, but the 'fix' HAS been implemented in their TEST ENVIRONMENT (and yes, it's capitalized to maybe have you pay attention - which you seem to not do.) And since you have zero background in programming - as someone with a degree in programming and who's done various bits of software programming professionally:

Once you have a bit of new code on the TEST ENVIRONMENT, uyoui leave it on there for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE to MAKE SURE that it DOESN'T CAUSE MORE ISSUES IN OTHER AREAS OF YOUR CODE BASE.

The fact that they are pushing it Live with only a couple days of testing is actually a bit cavalier in that it would probably be better for them to at least give it a week of testing (allowing them to parse more data and have a better idea of it's overall effect on the code base); and is in fact an indication that they are pushing it out 'as fast as reasonably possible'.

As for your 3) - we've yet to see if they'll extend the Event further or not.

(And why do I have the impression that if it this fix works for you, but causes connection issues for others, you won't be screaming to the rafters about having this fix immediately rolled back so that particular 'minority' can get it's access to STO back?)

[Oh, and BTW while I was completely unaffected, but in the past have had similar experiences in other MMOs where a patch caused problems for a subset of players including myself - the longest lasting about a month; so realize, it's not at all uncommon for this type of thing to happen; and as 'crappy' as you feel Cryptic's handling of it is - you then may want to stay away from MMOs produced by SOE and CCP as well. ;)]
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."