test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People who got the game broken by the previous patch (25/7) lost MUCH more than "just under 24 hours".

They lost a WEEK.

And you didn't say a word or did anything, until today's maintenance when you just vaguely wrote in the patch notes "server stability updates".

That's how you treat your customers?
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Small update! The end date and time to earn free pearls is moving from this Sunday at noon PDT to Monday, August 5th, 2013 at 10AM PDT -- just under 24 extra hours! Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Any information in game accurate? Calendar says 15th.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Any information in game accurate? Calendar says 15th.

The summer event ends on the 15th. The Dev blog did state before it started that the event would last longer than the time the pearls would be available for. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • masiralmasiral Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Small update! The end date and time to earn free pearls is moving from this Sunday at noon PDT to Monday, August 5th, 2013 at 10AM PDT -- just under 24 extra hours! Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I am in game now - at 12:15 PDT on Sunday, and it is no longer possible to get free pearls. So has the end time actually been moved, or not?
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For me its no longer possible to get any pearls either, so whats going on?
  • druinwalfdruinwalf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I had to go out of town for a few days to attend my Uncles funeral. I saw on the News blog that the event had been extended to August 5th and I spent lobis and opened boxes to catch me up so I could just make it and I find that teh Dev blog said AUgust 4th and it is shut off. So I missed it for the lack of 40 pearls.

I really don't want it that bad enough to blow more Cash ( I am a Gold subscriber) However you guys really blew it their are a lot of bad feelings out there because of presumably a typo.

Not good. Maybe I will stop playing. Tired of being told its always my fault when I have problems with this game.
  • druinwalfdruinwalf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

We didn't get the extra time Brandon.
  • vgacevgace Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just went to get my last 40 pearls for two of my characters and now the event is closed. What the heck happened? Was it a typo or did somebody royally make a big mistake. Now i have 960 pearls on two of my characters and it is useless. Can somebody please fix this?
  • vizhoniavizhonia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is clearly a lie, as it's the 4th and the event has already been shut down.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    druinwalf wrote: »
    So I had to go out of town for a few days to attend my Uncles funeral. I saw on the News blog that the event had been extended to August 5th and I spent lobis and opened boxes to catch me up so I could just make it and I find that teh Dev blog said AUgust 4th and it is shut off. So I missed it for the lack of 40 pearls.

I really don't want it that bad enough to blow more Cash ( I am a Gold subscriber) However you guys really blew it their are a lot of bad feelings out there because of presumably a typo.

Not good. Maybe I will stop playing. Tired of being told its always my fault when I have problems with this game.

The dev blog preceeded the update. The correct date should be the 5th. However, there appears to be a bug and it got shut off prematurely. This sort of thing has happened before - they should reenable it soon and you'll be able to get your last 40 pearls when they do.
  • samuelspainsamuelspain Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they do enable it for today. I am 40 pearls away. I probably won't touch the game again if I spend so long trying to get something on this game and get cheated out of it by a bug or mistake. Not saying the game is bad but I just can't interact with something like that. It's like losing a massive save for a game. I just can't go back to it at all for a long long time.
  • verusisraelverusisrael Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had 3 days on my romulan character where even tho I started the event and got the jet pack the targets never appeared. I opened tickets and requested GM assistance. never got any. I tried multiple times during the day to try it and it stayed glitched. The last two days I have been unable to log onto the game because I could not connect to the auto update server because of some issue with cogent communications and verizon fios having a spat. Look.....I'm tired of being screwed because other companies can't get their **** together. the event was bugged, and now I can't even log in during the last two days to get pearls. I have spent well over $1000 on this game between subscriptions and just being a ***** for new star ships I really do not appreciate being dicked around like this.
  • hadursshadurss Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so i am gess it not just me that missed it
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, same for me...am 40 short on my last toon, even had to make up a day or two doing it every 20hrs to even make it until today...

Had a GM ticket in for the last hour; BranFlakes, HELP!! lol
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, yeah it's bugged. Can we get another day extension until Tuesday at 10AM? Because I expect this won't get fixed until Monday so you owe us a day. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • kev1186kev1186 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am also 40 pearls away from getting the 'vette and I am really pissed off that it seems to have ended a day before it was stated it was ment too , so now I have wasted all that time going and doing the daily for the last month for nothing!!

Poor show again.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, I don't think this order got passed down the grape vine as the pearls are no longer available as of 4:50PM PDT, August 4th.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

yea this wasnt passed to the right people to extend it
  • kamilgarkamilgar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    still 40 pearls away on two of my toons and the mission is gone on 4th August, grrr....plz fix this asap
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so let me understand this , you are still running Risa play-land with out the point of going there. nice. so i guess your going to run the winter event like this in December like this too?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so let me understand this , you are still running Risa play-land with out the point of going there. nice. so i guess your going to run the winter event like this in December like this too?

As a matter of fact it was last year. The event to get the glossy photos of Q which was used to get the breen ship ended 2 weeks before the rest of the event.

The difference is the event wasn't bugged to the point it took them 12 days to fix it, so there was no need to extend it so players who couldn't get the items for the ship weren't 2 days short.
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dam dam double dam

when i first read the summer event i spotted the date 15 th and failed to notice the alternative date which is now highlighted

about 6 days short on 8 toons

had a busy month last month and i was pushed for time and very little available for sto but i did mange to get on and do a little but only what i could in couple of hrs

i caught a convo in chat channel an hr ago and found out the actual date of flying high end

sooooo annoyed at the mo as all the time i put in on getting those toons the 760 pearls is pretty much wasted as now too even get the free corvette on those toons will cost give or take 20 to 30 boxes per toon depening on lobi drop number thats about 24k zen sorry not happening
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • danemarkiandanemarkian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's cool that they're still going to run the map the way it is without the floater trial, but can they actually just extend the bloody thing to the 15th? It is still summer then. :P At least that way people on vacation for real can get their stuff and be happy. I got mine, I'm just saying.
  • broborabrobora Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got the Corvette on the character I needed it on most, but intended to finish the other 2 toons today,

05:30 Monday 5th August and it's shut down.

Could have been more informative.
  • ogsound2ogsound2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had 3 days on my romulan character where even tho I started the event and got the jet pack the targets never appeared. I opened tickets and requested GM assistance. never got any. I tried multiple times during the day to try it and it stayed glitched. The last two days I have been unable to log onto the game because I could not connect to the auto update server because of some issue with cogent communications and verizon fios having a spat. Look.....I'm tired of being screwed because other companies can't get their **** together. the event was bugged, and now I can't even log in during the last two days to get pearls. I have spent well over $1000 on this game between subscriptions and just being a ***** for new star ships I really do not appreciate being dicked around like this.

"((Update! (7/19/13): As announced in the recent State of the Game article, we will be extending the time needed to get pearls by a couple of days for those who may have missed a day ? the new end date has been moved from August 2nd to August 5th, 2013 at 10AM PDT.))"

And so I want my last 40 Pearls!!
  • ogsound2ogsound2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ((Update! (7/19/13): As announced in the recent State of the Game article, we will be extending the time needed to get pearls by a couple of days for those who may have missed a day ? the new end date has been moved from August 2nd to August 5th, 2013 at 10AM PDT.))

And so I want my 40 pearls because it is not 10 AM PDT yet!!
  • iamkoobiiamkoobi Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your posts on the summer event repeatedly mention August 15th as the last day. You didn't make it very clear or obvious in-game that, in fact, the ability to get pearls ended on the 2nd (now the 4th). As a paying Gold member that has played every possible mission, the only option available to keep the gam fresh was this special event. Now, with only 2 flights short, I'm unable to continue to gain pears to earn the award. Basically, the last few weeks have been pointless. Terrible communication on your part on the exact expiration of the event versus the mission.

This is the second special even where this has happened. I will be done paying money for this game effective today.
  • magoo200magoo200 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i agree with all these other posts that the summer event finishes on 15th august why can't the Risian Lohlunat pearl event also finish at that date too i have 953 pearls and i'am even more mad that all i needed was 2 days to get mine,STO have not thought that to get that close and not leave this pearls obtaining open till the 15th is somewhat really frustrating now i have to go to the Little Buy Store to get pearls for crystals,i'am so mad that i got so near but so far grrrrrrrr STO :mad:where is this Little Buy Store Pwe_Branflakes (managment of STO) mentioned? i want my 47 pearls pleeeeeeessssssseeeeee
  • magoo200magoo200 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh and where is the Little Buy Store? :mad:
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    brobora wrote: »
    Got the Corvette on the character I needed it on most, but intended to finish the other 2 toons today,

05:30 Monday 5th August and it's shut down.

Could have been more informative.
    iamkoobi wrote: »
    Your posts on the summer event repeatedly mention August 15th as the last day. You didn't make it very clear or obvious in-game that, in fact, the ability to get pearls ended on the 2nd (now the 4th). As a paying Gold member that has played every possible mission, the only option available to keep the gam fresh was this special event. Now, with only 2 flights short, I'm unable to continue to gain pears to earn the award. Basically, the last few weeks have been pointless. Terrible communication on your part on the exact expiration of the event versus the mission.

This is the second special even where this has happened. I will be done paying money for this game effective today.

Ahem...
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    This is a distinction that, I for one did not realise or appreciate, and I very much doubt that I am alone.

When you see that an event is arranged for between two dates, you are quite likely to assume that things going on at the event are going to be there for the full duration of it.

I predict a backlash come August 5th with people going to Risa to try and finish getting their Corvette and finding out that the event is on but the Corvette is no longer part of it.

After all, does everyone using STO read the forums? Don't you think they'll be confused?

Time for a dance - you can choose which you prefer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGc9zmpK5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4sB7O97ro
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
This discussion has been closed.