What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I need a little help with a few of the the Risa accolades. Such as... "Try to practice the Mok'Bara with a Klingon during the Day", "Fly beneath one of Risa's archways", "Observe an argument between a Klingon and a Trill at night" and "Become a Seeker Commander by participating in Pavyl's game".

Can anyone help me in finding these? Thanks in advance.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Instead of guessing, try reading for a change ! :P

Read?! Surely you jest good sir! How could you possibly expect people to *gasp* read an article that has all of the information they could need in order to participate in an event?!

Madness I say!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just curious as to wether or not there is a level restriction on the Summer Event?

My friend is zooming around orbit of Risa, but only gets a prompt to land on the surface (not the event location).

I believe it was stated you have to be level 10. Romulan Republic captains must also be able to leave Tau Dewa Sector.

I'm guessing this is a Fed only event seeing as Risa is in Fed territory....

It is open to all factions.
    edited June 2013
    I need a little help with a few of the the Risa accolades. Such as... "Try to practice the Mok'Bara with a Klingon during the Day", "Fly beneath one of Risa's archways", "Observe an argument between a Klingon and a Trill at night" and "Become a Seeker Commander by participating in Pavyl's game".

Can anyone help me in finding these? Thanks in advance.

Mok'Bara Klingon is on top of one of the arches during the day time.

Fly beneath one of the arches is just flying under one of the arches. The one that has the jetpack race course starting under it.

Klingon and Trill are a random event that happens by the beam in site at night.

Pavyl can be found on the beach during the day. At night he will hide in a location for you to find him. He will do this 4 times. Location #1 is inside a cave attached to the rope bridge and hut in the middle of the map. #2 is underneath the eastern most arch off to the side. #3 is by the lighthouse near a tree. #4 is in a cave off of the northern river bank.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • stargate4astargate4a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Summer event Really falls flat, it would be nice if you had 'some' directions for operating the darn jetpacks...Im done wasting my time trying to figure out some silly gimmick they didnt even tell us the controls for,,,,,Very dissapointed
    edited June 2013
    Jetpack operation is pretty simple really. Spacebar is to gain altitude, point your camera down to lower altitude. Arrow keys control side to side and back and forth movement the same as ground. If you have trouble with it though, press B to go into shooter mode and use your mouse to control.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stargate4a wrote: »
    Summer event Really falls flat, it would be nice if you had 'some' directions for operating the darn jetpacks...Im done wasting my time trying to figure out some silly gimmick they didnt even tell us the controls for,,,,,Very dissapointed

[Trip Tucker]
    "How complicated can it be? Up, down, forward, reverse... I'll figure it out."
    [/Trip Tucker]
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm guessing this is a Fed only event seeing as Risa is in Fed territory....

My KDF captain, joyfully running Floater races on Risa, would like to have a word with you. :P
    edited June 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Mok'Bara Klingon is on top of one of the arches during the day time.

Fly beneath one of the arches is just flying under one of the arches. The one that has the jetpack race course starting under it.

Klingon and Trill are a random event that happens by the beam in site at night.

Pavyl can be found on the beach during the day. At night he will hide in a location for you to find him. He will do this 4 times. Location #1 is inside a cave attached to the rope bridge and hut in the middle of the map. #2 is underneath the eastern most arch off to the side. #3 is by the lighthouse near a tree. #4 is in a cave off of the northern river bank.

Hey, thanks a lot Ian! However, can you be a little more specific about the "arches"? Are these the rock/stone arches or something else? I've tried flying under a lot of the naturally formed looking rock arches along the shoreline and got no accolade and haven't seen any klingons standing on them during the day either.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Nevermind... I found them both! Thanks yet again Ian!! ;)
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Summer event is awesome. Be careful buying the costumes, though. I bought the Beachcomber outfit and accidently double clicked it in my inventory and it vanished. 600 favors, and nothing to show. Guess I'll have get back to dancing. lol.
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Summer event is awesome. Be careful buying the costumes, though. I bought the Beachcomber outfit and accidently double clicked it in my inventory and it vanished. 600 favors, and nothing to show. Guess I'll have get back to dancing. lol.

What do you mean by "vanished" ? Costumes aren't actual items, you simply unlock them to be used in the tailor menu..... :confused:
    edited June 2013

I would assume when you double clicked it you activated it. So it should now be at the Tailor waiting for you to wear it. Check your Off Duty options and see if it is there.
    edited June 2013

Double clicking it should be the same as "Use". Therefore the costume should be available to you now at a Tailor.

EDIT: ^^ Ninja'd! lol
    edited June 2013
    Yes, double-ninja ! No, can my viril young Romulan please get his Speedo of Seduction +5, we need to repopulate the species after all ! :eek::o:P
  • ralethisolur17ralethisolur17 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so I don't want to sound like a nag, but I accidentally activated the Crystalline Shard project shortly after the event thinking I had one more shard in my inventory. Now I can't do the introductory thing to star risa rep.

It is set as the Queue'd position in the top boxes... and people at risa say just put it in the second boxes but I have no options.
    edited June 2013
    so I don't want to sound like a nag, but I accidentally activated the Crystalline Shard project shortly after the event thinking I had one more shard in my inventory. Now I can't do the introductory thing to star risa rep.

It is set as the Queue'd position in the top boxes... and people at risa say just put it in the second boxes but I have no options.

The devs already said they are working on a solution, in the meantime you can still collect those pearls and favors and use them later when the projects are fixed. :)
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    The hatch egg doff mission is WAY too long. Instead of 24 hours it should be more like 15 mins-4 hours max. especially since there is the raise doff missions to do on top of that.

at least urs isn't bugged my fed toon can do the egg hatch doff mission my romulan can get the egg acept the mission but it says i have no science doffs to hatch the egg when i have 8 sci doffs lol and only one doff mission running so yeah my romulan is out of a pet bird unless cryptic can figure out why it is bugged for me.

• nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a mailbox somewhere on Risa? Found bank and exchange, twice of each, but no mailbox? Seems the same stupid design as on Nimbus.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Beautiful map I am enjoying it a lot good work team.
    edited June 2013
    Hmm. I seem to have a problem with one of my toons not being able to complete the Summer Event Tutorial. I added the Favor we got to do the project. It completed no problem, but the Tutorial mission doesn't show it as completed.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2013
    Why is the hatch an egg mission bugging doff missions?

you have to beam up then que up any other doff mission then beam back down to get it to move forward been the same on all 10 toons i've run it on today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • draconian2013draconian2013 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know where the map of the Risa Birds is?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Risian Floater that cost favors. Are they useable after the event is over and in other places other than Risa? Spending 1,000 favors takes a lot of time to earn.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Risian Floater that cost favors. Are they useable after the event is over and in other places other than Risa? Spending 1,000 favors takes a lot of time to earn.

No only on Risa during the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    It would be really great if you announced what species can't wear the sunglasses.... My Ferengi is out 10k GPL... not happy

Unfortunately I did the same. 10k GPL was pricey enough when the pair of sunglasses in question is really only worth a few slips of Latinum...but to be cheated entirely is just unacceptable.
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone having problems with Risa costumes? I got it for my Romulan/Fed but can't seem to use the costume pieces.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be great if we could have an E-Mail and Exchange console at the resort :cool:
    edited June 2013
    It would be great if we could have an E-Mail and Exchange console at the resort :cool:

The exchange is tied in to the bank console at the back of the hotel. Pretty sure I saw a mail console back there too.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    No only on Risa during the event.

thats pretty bad ,I was hoping they would allow us to use it on new romulus or nimbus or other huge maps and block for pvp or esd or ds9.
This discussion has been closed.